Anti aging is a top concern in the world of beauty and skin care. Many of us are trying to prevent deep wrinkles from forming and some of us are trying to reverse the signs of aging that have started to show more than we like.
There are so many creams and serums to choose from that it is hard to settle on something and find one that works for you. When in doubt, selecting a high quality Made in USA anti aging products will lend you confidence in the purity of the listed ingredients. When it comes to something you are putting on your face every day, you don’t want to mess around. I’m also here to tell you that it isn’t just what you buy but the skin care habits that you keep that will help you see real results.
3 elements to prevent premature aging:
- Always wash your face before bed, even if you are not a makeup wearer. This washes your face clear of all free radicals from the day. Your skin cells do lots of recovery while you sleep and can’t do that if they are suffocated in makeup and debris from the day.
- Exfoliate at least once a week. Exfoliating sheds the dead skin cells and stimulates cellular turnover which allows the newest, most youthful skin to be visible. It also allows creams and serums to be absorbed well.
- Stimulate collagen and elastin production. There are creams that aid in this but my favorite anti-aging method of all is actually free and something most anyone can do themselves. Shiatsu massage to target ‘problem’ areas of the face. Shiatsu is pressure point massage using your finger tips.
American Made Anti Aging Products We Love
My leading selections in American made skin care that targets premature aging and even slightly reverses some existing damage are the following:
Eclos Apple Stem Cell Skin Care am + pm skin prep Cleanser by Freeman – removes makeup, soothes and reconditions.
Dermolgica Daily Microfoliant – to exfoliate and brightening skin tone.
Exuviance Age Reverse Hydra Firm – an intense moisturizer that firms and strengthens the skin.
Benefits of Shiatsu massage on the face:
The movements involved in activating pressure points make the collagen and elastin fibers have to work as the touch stimulates their activity; The results are firmer skin, improved skin tone, and less puffiness due to the increased circulation.
Practice this nightly as you apply your cream or on a clean face. Focus on areas with fine lines and wrinkles. You may also want to target your forehead, jowl area, brow bone, around your lips and eyes.
This is the second article in a series of anti aging and beauty tips. Read the first article here: How to Get a Brow Lift Using American Made Makeup We Love.
I welcome any of your skin care and aging concerns. Please email me or tweet them to me @amariebeauty.
You might also like:
- How To: Get a Brow Lift Using American Made Makeup We Love
- Three DIY Beauty Routines, Making the Most of American Made Beauty Products
- American Made Beauty Products: Back to School Beauty Basics
- S.W. Basics of Brooklyn: 5 Ingredient or Less Sustainable Beauty Products
- Made in USA Summer Beauty Products and A Cleanser to Take it All Off