You can do it! I promise. But the question is… how to mix prints? Mixing prints, patterns and textures can open up your wardrobe possibilities without ever going shopping, or open up your shopping excursions to new worlds of possibilities. There is a fine line between looking like a mismatched hot mess and a woman owning her strong sense of fashion. Here is my guide to mixing prints while looking stylish coming and going.
Your Style Outline for How To Mix Prints
1. Stripes are the neutral of patterns.
- don't get crazy with vertical and horizontal all in one look, it gets busy.
- they do allow you to layer on the patterns with ease because stripes are pretty basic.
2. Use color coordination as your guiding light.
- when the colors harmonize, it pulls the patterns together.
- complementary colors work well when you are only mixing a couple of patterns, such as stripes and floral.
- texture (lace, metallic, quilted) add a pattern without adding too many colors: a safer route.
3. Pick a solid to anchor your outfit.
- one focal point should remain simple and solid in color.
- pull the solid color from your patterns or use a neutral tone.
Now let's shop American made and put it to work.
Mixed print shopping list:
- striped blazer
- Cleavitz lace undershirt
- 7 For All Mankind Skinny Jeans
- Oka B Slingbacks
- Baggu Leather Clutch
Mix, match, layer and show your style.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by, ,which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.
Love this mixing part and the ideas is amazing! Nice blog you have!
The tips which you have shared in this post are just awesome. These tips are really helpful to me and I think it should must helpful to others. Thanks!
Now that I know the tips, I must try this, and I love those slingbacks – yeow!
I LOVE these tips! I would totally rock that outfit any day of the week! 🙂
Super advice, I do need help with mixing prints. I love wearing stripes too.