American made designer purses and handbags are hard to find, so we've put together an ultimate source list for you. While some of these designer purses and handbags are a small investment, all of these brands offer quality products, and many of these brands offer lifetime warranties. Let us know which bag is your favorite in the comments section!
American Made Designer Purses and Handbags
Customized Leather and Canvas Bag Options from Jenny N.
Attention is in the details with bags from Jenny N. Jenny Nemlekar designs and sews each one of her bags. She uses premium full-grain leather, metal hardware, and water-resistant canvas to line her bags. Jenny N. bags are built to last for years to come. As a one-woman operation, Jenny focuses on quality over quantity and provides customer-centric service. Every Jenny N. bag can be customized from the leather color, thread color, monogram, and closure styles. View the Custom Bags section to see all of the customizations options and view Jenny's Instagram for inspiration on custom bags she's done in the past. There are so many options; the possibilities are endless. All of Jenny's bags are made by hand in her Dallas, Texas studio. $15 off order of $150+ on Jenny N. bags with discount code USALOVE. No expiration date.
Beargrass Leather One of a Kind Leather Handbags
Beargrass Leather's motto is “Inspired by Montana, crafted by hand.” The designs of Beargrass Leather are a mixture of all things quintessential to amazing style — from the new West to 1930's Paris, France. Visit beargrassleather.com for award-winning leather handbags and clothing designs. Slow fashion meticulously handmade by a wife and husband team in a tiny Montana village on the shores of Flathead Lake. Free shipping within the United States on orders over $50. Use promo code USALOVE.
Image credit: Beargrass Leather
Functional Luxury from Blair Ritchey
Blair Ritchey collection brings functional luxury to easily upgrade your wardrobe. Her namesake collection is designed and handcrafted by Blair in her Cleveland, Ohio studio. We love the Lango Messenger bag in this bright, neutral color (cement), perfect for all seasons. It offers adjustable straps, brass hardware, and a detachable wallet that can be used as a wristlet. Blair's functional, timeless, and luxurious collection will last you for years to come.
Boho Chic From FOUNT Leather
Beautiful Bags Etc: Embroidered Leather
American Made Designer Handbags and Purses: The Ultimate Source List
- 130 Degrees®, vegan, compact anti-theft travel cross body bags, made in Montana. 130 Degrees® produces a series of limited edition bags and several standard solid colors. These bags emphasize anti-theft capabilities with clever design features, making for extremely compact and compatible bags, perfect for everyday use or travel. There are two sizes of 130 Degrees® anti-theft purse – Tranquility 11 x 14-inches and UnderThere 7×7-inches.
- Artifact, carry-all and garden totes. All Artifact products are handmade in Omaha, Nebraska using the finest waxed canvas and leather and come with a lifetime guarantee.
- Baggu makes its leather bags in New York. Baggu nylon bags are not American made.
- Beargrass Leather leather handbags are custom and handmade in Montana. Learn more about Beargrass Leather handbags at the top of this post! Free shipping within the United States on Beargrass Leather orders over $50. Use promo code USALOVE.
Image credit: Beargrass Leather
- Beautiful Bags Etc. handcrafted embroidered leather handbags are made in the USA. Learn more about Beautiful bags made in USA handbags at the top of this post!Image credit: Beautiful Bags Etc.
- Beau & Ro Bag Company stylish belt bags (a.k.a fanny packs) and backpacks made in New York City.
- Bella Modi customizable luxury handbags, tote bags, wristlets and more are made in Idaho.
- BETSON Bags leather handbags are designed and handcrafted in Ohio.
- Better Life Bags tote bags, shoulder bags, school/work bags and more are customizable and made in Detroit, Michigan.
- Billykirk offers leather and waxed canvas totes and bags
- Blair Ritchey collection brings functional luxury to easily upgrade your wardrobe. Blair's namesake collection which included totes, handbags, clutches and more, is designed and handcrafted by Blair in her Cleveland, Ohio studio. Learn more about Blair Ritchey at the top of this post!
- Brynn Capella offers tons of handbag styles from cross body to shoulder bags, clutches and satchels.
- Calleen Cordero‘s namesake line is known for her quality leather shoes, and also offers a handbag line.
- Cinda b‘s Fabric handbags, clutches, totes and more all are made in USA at the company’s factory in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Clare Vivier offers leather bags of all styles and colors made in USA. I personally love the line!
- Colonel Littleton designer purses and handbags are handmade in Texas from high quality American leather.
Image credit: Col. Littleton
- Cuyana sells a lovely selection of leather goods made in the United States such as wallets, tote bags and small zipper pouches. Not everything on this site is made in the USA, but everything is clearly labeled.
- Danielle Sakry handbags are made in Minnesota.
- FOUNT leather designer purses and handbags are made from fine Italian leather in Cleveland, Ohio. Learn more about FOUNT Leather handbags at the top of this article.
Image credit: FOUNT Leather
- Frank Clegg has been making leather goods in Fall River, Massachusetts since 1970. The brand even offer exotic American alligator leather bags and accessories.
- Grá Handbags makes a luxurious and functional leather crossbody travel bag is designed for globetrotters everywhere.
- Graf Lantz offers leather and wool felt bags and totes of all sizes.
- Harveys handbags, totes, clutches are vegan and made from seatbelts.
- HFS Collective handbags are made from eco-friendly materials.
- Holly Aiken designs and makes vinyl handbags and a very mod diaper bags in North Carolina.
- Jenny N leather designer purses and handbags are handmade in Texas. Learn more about Jenny N handbags American made designer handbags at the top of this post. Code USALOVE gets you free shipping on orders within the US from Jenny N.
Image credit: Jenny N.
- Joshu + Vela totes, handbags, duffle bags are available made from leather or canvas.
- JT Carpet Bag handbags have been made in Los Angeles for over 50 years.
- Kamen Road is committed to artisan and small scale production in the USA and offers small-batch, full-grain leather goods made to last.
- Katie Kalsi handbags are made in the USA with interchangeable hand painted leather straps.
- K.Slade designer handbags are classic and straight forward. Image credit: K. Slade
- Lotuff leather handbags are handmade in Providence, Rhode Island.
- Malibu American offers bohemian style luxury bags that are made in the USA, California to be exact.
- Mei Vintage handbags are made with care and thought, utilizing a mixture of new, organic and recycled materials. They offer vintage kimono fabric bags come in limited editions and each bag is unique.
- Merci Fortune designer leather handbags are made in New York City.
- Molly G handbags, clutches, and wallets are made in Los Angeles.
- moop canvas and waxed canvas handbags, clutches and more are made in Pennsylvania.
- Moro Tran luxury handbags are crafted in NYC.
- Paige Hamilton Design handbags are made of waterproof nylon and Italian leather. Made in California.
- Pietro offers well priced made in USA leather handbags in both trendy and classic styles.
- R.Riveter handbags are made in the USA by military spouses.
- Rebecca Ray Designs offers classic style leather totes. If you love Dooney & Burke purses, you'll love Rebecca Ray.
- Rough and Tumble Bags leather and waxed canvas handbags, tote bags, and more are made in Maine.
- Sea Bags vegan handbags are made from recycled sailcloth in the heart of Portland, Maine’s working waterfront.
Image credit: Sea Bags
- Shana Luther handbags are handmade in NYC.
- Shannon South sustainable leather bags are made from remnants and upcycled materials.
- Shinola leather and suede handbags and totes are made in Detroit.
- Skipper Bags are beach totes made of repurposed sails made in Maryland.
- Spicer Bags cork and textile handbags are made in San Francisco.
- Stephanie Dawn offers cotton bags. If you love Vera Bradley, shop Stephanie Dawn for the made in USA option!
- Tchoup Industries offers leather and vegan American made bags. Its leather bags use local (from New Oreleans) invasive species fur and leather. Tchoup Industries also uses waxed cotton canvas which is all natural, lightweight, and highly water-resistant. The Roulez Satchel bag (featured below) in the new photos uses waxed cotton canvas and a colorful handwoven panel by a local weaver Daron Douglas. All woven panels are one-of-a-kind! 15% off Tchoup Industries with discount code USALOVE.
Image credit: Tchoup Industries
- Tikishiki Handbags are Japanese inspired handbags with Hawaiian themed fabric, handmade in Hawaii.
- Uptown Redesigns offer upcycled bags from outdated leather coats. All of the bags are handcrafted and made in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Urban Southern Amish inspired leather handbags are made in Tennessee.
- Victoria Leather Company handbags, tote bags, and more are made in the USA.
American Made Purses and Handbags- Retailers
Below are retailers that offer a selection of made in USA purses and handbags. Read labels carefully! Not all products offered by these sites are American made.
Have we missed anything on this list of American made designer purses and handbags? Which is your favorite? Share other American made handbag brands with us in the comment section!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.
Photo credit J.Sale Photography for Merci-Fortune
Follow USA Love List's board Bag it up! on Pinterest.