Make sure the toys your baby and toddler are playing with are safe, especially since little ones LOVE to put every thing in their mouths. Toys manufactured in China have been found to be made with lead paint or coloring containing lead. You can trust that the American made baby toys, toddler toys, and preschool toys on our list are made with safe, quality materials.
We have read the labels so you don't have to. Save time when you need to purchase American made baby toys, toddler toys or preschool toys and save this list for reference.
American Made Baby Toys, Toddler Toys & Preschool Toys
This list is frequently updated! Save it and check back for updates. Did we miss your favorite made in the USA baby toy, toddler toy or preschool toy? Let us know in the comments.
Land of Dough Play Dough
Land of Dough play dough is all natural and eco-friendly. It is made in small batches in the USA with natural colors, compostable glitters, almond oil, and essential oils. The dough is smooth to the touch and scented with a blend of organic chamomile, lemongrass, and lavender essential oils which add a wonderful calming dimension to the play experience.
When my kiddos were in preschool they absolutely loved playing with play dough. I would buy it in every color I could find, but they would always mix the colors together. Well, Land of Dough play dough is meant to be mixed together. Each container of dough is themed and includes multiple colors. Also included is a wooden shovel made from naturally sourced birch. Kiddos have fun scooping and blending the dough to see what's inside- while they are strengthening fine motor skills.
- American Plastic Toys has been manufacturing plastic pretend play toys and toy sets in Michigan & Mississippi since 1962. All of their indoor and outdoor toys are American made. Shop the American Plastic Toys Amazon store.
- BEKA natural wood blocks, art easels, puppet theaters, art tables, train tables, and toys are all made in Minnesota.
- Bubble Tree bubble solution is non toxic and made in the USA. All ingredients are on the EPA Safer Chemical Ingredient List. The containers are aluminum and are refillable and recyclable. Shop the Bubble Tree Amazon store.
- Camden Rose wooden rattles, teethers, and stacking toys, made in Michigan.
- Dado Squares from Fat Brain Toy Co. are 2 dimensional plastic squares that fit together to create 3 dimensional objects. For ages 3 and up.
- Dirt King tricycles, wagons, and carts are manufactured in Kansas.
- Elves and Angels handcrafted, heirloom quality wooden toys made in Maine- dollhouses, pretend play furniture, train sets, and more!
- Green Toys pretend play and developmental toys are 100% made in the USA from recycled milk jugs. Shop the Green Toys Amazon store.
- Holgate Toys has been making wooden stacking and pull toys in the USA since 1789.
- Kleynimals makes silver flatware and baby toys in the USA. The stainless steel rattle offers a beautiful, unique heirloom gift with all the practical conveniences of being dishwasher safe and exceedingly entertaining for babies. Babies love to grasp the big ring and shake the “keys” on this version that we also like to call our zookeeper keys. This toy is meant to help stimulate a baby’s sense of sight, touch, and sound, as well as both fine and gross motor skills. It's engravable too!
- Labyrinth Junior Balance Board is made in New England from durable plywood with a non slip surface. This game develops balance, focus, co-ordination and strength. For ages 3-5. Also available at Amazon.
- Lapps Toys/ Clip Clop wooden trains and vehicles, doll houses, developmental toys, and play kitchens are made in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- David Stuebe, the creator of Lily and River, is a father, designer, and creator of the Little Climber Experience and a student of the Montessori approach, Dr. Emmi Pikler's method, and Magda Gerber. David was inspired by his children to start a children's furniture company with one goal in mind: to produce intuitive environments for little ones that will benefit them today, tomorrow, and always. Lily and River have a manufacturing workshop nestled within the desert foothills of South Mountain in Phoenix, Arizona. Every detail of the Little Climber and its accessories have been refined and perfected for long-term durability, functionality, and aesthetics. The Little Climber quickly enhances your little one's self-confidence, motor skills, imagination, balance control, and muscle growth. Solidly constructed, easy to put together, and will have your little one climbing in no time, we love the Little Climber!
- Little Tikes manufactures a majority of its popular toddler toys in the USA, such as the play kitchens, play houses, and of course, the Cozy Coupe. Shop the Little Tikes Amazon store.
- Luke's Toy Factory Eco friendly building/stacking toys for ages 3+ are made in Connecticut. Shop the Luke's Toy Factory Amazon shop.
- Manzanita Kids handmade wooden toys, stackers, teethers and more, made in are Montessori inspired.
- Maple Landmark makes educational wooden baby toys, toddler toys, games, and even rocking horses, in Vermont. Brand names include Montgomery Schoolhouse, Schoolhouse Naturals, and NameTrains.
- North Star Toys hand crafted wooden pretend play toys, stacking toys, pull toys and more
- Noshkins handmade felt pretend play food
- Oliver & Adelaide offers heirloom quality, luxury American made toys for baby.
- Papa Don's Toys wooden rattles, blocks, and pull toys are made in Oregon.
- Poof foam football, soccer and assorted colored balls are made in Plymouth, MI and Hollidaysburg, PA. For ages 3 and up.
- Roy Toy log cabin building sets made in Maine are for ages 3+
- Snapo and Snapo Jr building blocks are made in USA and BPA free. Snapo Jr blocks are a bigger size for ages 1-5. And Snapo blocks are for ages 3+.
- Smart Monkey Toys ImagiBRICKS are giant lightweight cardboard building blocks, made from 50% recycled material.
- The Spooner is a balance toy for kiddos ages 3 and up. Buy The Spooner at Amazon.
- Step2 manufactures a variety of toys in the USA, like slides, play kitchens, wagons, water play tables, climbers, and more! Note: Not all Step2 toys are made in USA, but those that are are clearly marked. Shop the Step2 Amazon store.
- Trouble the Dog super soft, plush, stuffed animal that is happy to take away your little ones troubles! Check out our Trouble the Dog review.
- Uncle Goose wooden blocks are handcrafted in Michigan from materials sourced in the US. The block sets are made using sustainable Midwestern basswood and are printed with non-toxic, mouth safe inks. Shop Uncle Goose at Amazon.
- Whittle Shoreline Railroad wooden toy trains are made in Missouri and are compatible with major wooden railways such as Thomas, Brio, and Chuggington.
- Wikki Stix creative craft sticks made from non toxic wax and yarn, for ages 3 and up. Make a great stocking stuffer!
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
Love this list? We know you will love these lists too!
Pin this list to save it for later!
Pin this list to save it for later!