The weather is cold across the country and it's time to warm up. We're also into giving to cozy gifts. Are you looking for American made cold weather accessories? Here is the USA Love List ultimate source list for Made in USA winter hats, gloves, scarves, and other cold weather gear for men, women, and children.
American Made Cold Weather Gear, The Source List: For Men, Women, and Kids
Did we catch them all? If you know of a source for Made in USA winter hats, scarves, or mittens that we missed, go ahead and add them in the comments below so we can be sure to include them with the next update.
For more American made cold weather gear suggestions don't miss Made in USA Boots for Cold, Snow & Rain, Men's Boots Ultimate Source List, our source list for American made women's outerwear, and American Made Cold Weather Picks for Kids.
- Artex manufactures many knit hats in New Jersey for men, women, and children. Some styles are imported, so check descriptions!
- Astis mittens and gloves are hand stitched in Oregon from suede leather and decorated with natural materials.
- baabaazuzu wool gloves, hats are handmade in USA from upcycled materials. Shop the baabaazuzu Amazon store.
- Battenwear hats are made in New York City.
- Binghampton Knitting Company scarves are made in New York.
- Carhartt manufactures several styles of their knit hats in the USA. *Check your labels*
- Common Deer is an online retailer of American made goods. They have a large selection of American made winter accessories including gloves, hats, and scarves.
- Copper River Fleece hats are made in Alaska.
- Devium wool hats and beanies for men are made in New Jersey from wool sourced in New Jersey.
- DOHM Headwear hats, scarves, and gloves for men and women are made in Colorado.
- DynaTot toddler mittens are made in USA.
- Fox River Mills has a selection of gloves and mittens for men and women that are knitted in Wisconsin. Note: Not all Fox River Mills gloves and mittens are made in USA, check descriptions.
- Geier Glove Co has been manufacturing lined & unlined leather work and dress gloves for over 85 years. Shop Geier Gloves at Amazon.
Looking for winter gloves? We have a list for that- Winter Gloves (and Mittens Too!) Made in USA
- Golden Touch Naturals mittens, gloves, fingerless gloves, scarves and hats are made in the USA from alpaca fleece.
- Golightly Cashmere gloves, hats, scarves for women, men, baby, and kids are made in New Mexico.
- G & L Positive Goods Eco friendly hats, scarves, gloves for men, women, and kids are made in the USA from recycled and upcycled materials.
- HotHands are air activated, one time use hand, foot, and body warmers that are made in Georgia. Shop the HotHands Amazon store.
- Jack & Mary Designs hats, scarves, mittens, and more for men, women, and kids are made in Maine from repurposed sweaters and materials.
- JYTTE unisex merino wool beenies are made in the Rockies.
- Love Your Melon beanie hats are made in the USA.
- Maroon Bell Outdoor has wool beanie hats that are made in the USA and fleece lined. They also offer made in USA cotton beanie hats with a pom-pom.
Don't miss our list of Base Layers & Thermal Underwear Made in USA
- Michigan Mittens makes fun and functional USA-made products made in the Mitten State. They've taken warmth to a whole new level with these double layer “SUPERIOR” Michigan Mittens. They are made to keep you nice and toasty warm on those cold winter days with a washed rag wool outer shell and a soft acrylic liner. Sensitive to wool? These mittens have a soft acrylic liner, wrapped around the cuff so that the wool will not brush against your skin. They are 100% USA made. Theses Michigan made mittens are knit, hand cut, and sewn in a family owned knitting company in North Carolina and finished in Pontiac, Michigan. They are decorated, label assembled and packaged at Earth 2 Earth, a printing factory in Pontiac. These mittens are handled by no fewer than 8 American workers.
- The Mitten Co. wool mittens for men, women, and kids are made in USA from repurposed sweaters
- The Mouse Works felt hats for adults and kids are handmade in Virginia.
- Ohio Knitting Mills merino scarves are knit in Ohio.
- Runyon beanies and skull caps are milled, cut, and sewn in the USA. They are available in a variety of colors and styles. One size fits all.
- Skida outdoor gear for men, women, and kids includes hats, neckwear, mittens, and headbands all made in Vermont.
- Stormy Kromer hats are made in Michigan. These heritage hats for men, women, and kids are warm and comfortable as a baseball cap. The band slides down to cover the ears when it gets really cold. Stormy Kromer now makes mittens and scarves for men & women too!
- Tuff Kookooshka produces unique hats, scarves and jackets for boys and girls of all ages, made in Massachusetts- some hat styles even come in adult sizes.
- Turtle Gloves is a Michigan maker of fingerless gloves, convertible mittens, and other outerwear accessories for men, women, and kids. Turtle Gloves Weather Protect Heavy Mittens are warm, water-resistant and windproof. Shop the Turtle Gloves Amazon store.
- Wintergreen Northern Wear coats, hats, mittens, and more for men, women, and kids are made in Minnesota.
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
Buffalo Wool Co.
I have their socks which are amazing
Love your articles! They’ve been so helpful to me this year. I would love to see a list about other warm winter clothing/gear like warm wool pants, sweaters, base layers, etc. Thanks!
Up North Mittens is a company based in Michigan. They do an amazing job when making these! They’re made from recycled wool sweaters and buttons and can tell you that they’re so warm and have had 2 pairs for years! No other mittens compare to these!!
Where can we find those long warm insulated women’s coats pictured in white and belted black on the main pages?
If you are referring to the cover photo, it’s a stock photo. Sorry.
for men and women knit sweaters. Made in Binghamton NY.
LOVE our Stormy Kromer gear here in Michigan! Their products are very well-made.
I have gotten gifts made by Michigan Mittens they are great quality.
DynaTot makes awesome water resistant baby and toddler mittens and their fabrics are also free from harmful substances! A portion of their proceeds go to children in need. http://www.dynatot.com
I just bought a pair of Fox River gloves from Bemidji Woolen Mills and they are made in Haiti, not USA. You have them on your list, but buyers beware that not all (any?) of their products are made in USA.
Very helpful list for this upcoming winter!!
Thrilled to see Tuff Kookooshka on your list. They have the CUTEST kids’ things!
Wintergreen Northernwear in Ely, Minnesota is a great source of cold weather wear made in the USA. I’ve purchased coats, mittens, hats, and more.
Love Your Melon for warm & cozy beanies. Made in the USA. Purchases help support pediatric cancer research.
Never lose a glove again.
Fashionable elastic wrist bands that hang on to your gloves when you can’t.
Made on the Upper East Side of Manhattan
Oh, those Steger mukluks are really nice. My niece would just love those.
Oh, those Steger mukluks are really nice. My niece would just love those.
I am going to have to try the Upstate Stock for some mittens!
My kids both have hats from Wee Winter Woolies by Flap Happy. They’re so cute.