Everyone is looking for American made shoes. I admit, they are difficult to find, but I've put together this extensive list. It contains brands that make all of their shoes in the USA, but I've also listed brands whose lines contain some made in USA shoes and some that are imported. Always check your labels and look for “Made in USA” before you buy! (Sandals featured in cover image are by Earth Runners.)
Looking for a specific type of shoe? We have Ultimate Source Lists for:
- Made in USA Sneakers & Athletic Footwear
- Men's Shoes Made in the USA
- Made in USA Work Boots, Hiking Boots & More
- Source Guide For Shoes Made in California
- Made in USA Boots for Women
- Made in the USA Sandals and Flip Flops
- Made in USA Slippers and Moccasins for Men, Women, and Kids
- Check out our sources for American made socks too!
American Made Shoes: Top Picks
American Made Sneakers: SOM Footwear
American manufacturing is alive and well in Colorado! Allow us to introduce SOM Footwear, shoes designed to serve your feet well during everything from walking the dog to crossfit! The shoe's minimalist, zero drop design gives you the freedom and stability of barefoot walking with all the protection and support you need.
SOM just introduced the all-new Briquette – available in red, blue and purple. This eye-catching addition to the SOM Footwear line encapsulates everything that makes SOM a standout American footwear company: unwavering attention to detail and superior craftsmanship throughout, three vibrant colors to choose from and the all-new SOM sole which is also Made in America.
Handcrafted with love in Colorado for the discerning customer; SOM focuses on making a quality product right here in America, and backing it up with out of this world customer service. From the boardroom to the backcountry, SOM wants to keep you happy, head to toe.
Earth Runners: Earthing Adventure Sandals
American Made Work Shoes
Capps Shoe Company is 100% made in USA in a factory located on the border between Virginia and North Carolina in Gretchen, Virginia. The company has over 175 employees with an average shoemaking experience of over 12 years – its skilled craftsman are among the most talented shoemakers in the world. Capps footwear is approved for use by the Army & Air Force Exchange Service, Nexcom, and the National Park Service, as well as Police, Sheriff and Fire Departments nationwide.
American Made Shoes: The Ultimate Source List
If you notice that we have missed your favorite American made shoe brand, please let us know in the comments and we will add them to our list! This list is constantly being updated, so bookmark and check back often. If we missed a source you love, post it in the comments so we can include it with our next edition.
- Alden, men's dress shoes, made in Middleborough, Massachusetts since 1884
- All American Clothing Co. is an online retailer of men's fashion including boots from Thorogood.
- Allen Edmonds, men’s dress shoes, casual shoes and boots, made in Wisconsin
- Aurora Shoe Co shoes for men and women are handmade in upstate New York
- Body and Sole Comfort foot cushions use medical grade, petroleum-free gel to contour and adhere directly to your foot’s unique shape. These cushions stick to the skin to provide a personalized level of comfort not felt with drugstore shoe insoles. Save 20% off with code USALOVE.
- Cade & Co, infant shoes made in Park City, Utah
- Calleen Cordero women's shoes are made in California.
- California Magdesians, made in City of Industry, California
- Carolina, men's work boots (only select styles are made in USA)
- Capps Shoe Company, men's and women's dress shoes made in Virginia
- Chacos’ MyChacos collection that’s made Rockford, Michigan (other styles are not American made)
- Chippewa Boots, loafers & rugged work & fashion boots for men & women (only select styles)
- CYDWOQ, men and women's boots, flats, boots, made in Burbank, California
- Danner offers select styles of made in USA hiking boots, hunting boots, work boots, and urban wear boots
- Eastland, has a ‘Made in Maine Collection' of shoes for men and women
- Earth Runners Sandals makes eco-engineered Earthing Adventure Sandals, made in California.
- Eliza B, youth and women's flip flops, made in Connecticut
- Esquivel luxury leather shoes for men and women are handcrafted by skilled artisans in southern California
- Footwear by Footskins, men and women's moccasins made in Spring Grove, Minnesota
- Frye, men's and women's boots (select styles only)
- Gateway Shoes tuxedo shoes, marching band shoes, and uniform shoes are made in Missouri
- Gurkee’s rope sandals are made in West Virginia. They offer any array of colors and styles
- Hathorn Explorer boots are made in Washington
- Helm, men's boots, made in Austin, Texas
- Hersey Custom Shoe Company makes customized sneakers in Massachusetts
- Hoffman Boot pac boots and leather boots are made in Idaho
- Island Slipper, women and men's sandals made in Hawaii Island Slipper is listed in 10 Things We Love, Made in Hawaii
- Jack Rogers Navajo Sandals, women's sandals, select styles made in Florida
- Jen + Kim, women's heels and custom heels made in Los Angles, California
- Julie Bees, Women's Flats made in Atlanta, Georgia
- Kamik, select styles of toddler and little kids snow boots are assembled in the USA
- Keen has select styles of assembled in USA low- and high-profile snow and hiking boots for men and women available at Zappos
- Kepner Scott, infant and toddler shoes, made in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania Kepner Scoot is listed in 10 Things We Love, Made in Pennsylvania
- L.L. Bean, men and women's boots, select styles made in Maine since 1912
- Lucchese manufactures select styles of boots in the USA
- Manimal, baby and unisex moccasins made in Brooklyn, New York
- mohop. women's sandals and flats made in Chicago, Illinois
- Munro, women's heels, boots and sandals made in Hot Springs, Arkansas (select styles only)
- myAnatech, women's shoes and sandals, made in California
- Neil M Footwear, made in Wynne, Arkansas
- New Balance, women and men's sneakers, select styles made outside of Boston, Massachusetts New Balance is listed in 10 Things We Love, Made in Massachusetts
- Newbark luxury women's flats made in California
- Nicks Handmade Boots, boots for men and women all handmade in Spokane, Washington
- Oakstreet Bootmakers, made in Chicago, Illinois
- Oka b colorful ballet flats and flip flops are made in Georgia
- Okabashi, flats and sandals, made in Buford, Georgia Okabashi is listed in 10 Things We Love, Made in Georgia
- Onex women's shoes are handcrafted in California
- Perry Ercolino, custom dress shoes are made in Pennsylvania
- Pierrepont Hicks, women's chukkas, moccasins, and desert boots made in Maine
- Piper Sandals, childrens, men and women's leather sandals, made in San Antonio, Texas
- PW Minor shoes for men and women are made in New York
- Quoddy boat shoes are handmade in Maine
- Rancourt & Co, men's dress shoes, made in Lewiston, Maine
- Red Wing, work boots made in Minnesota (select styles only)
- Russell Moccasin Co. boots and moccasins are handmade in Wisconsin
- Salpy Shoes Truly artisanal shoes designed and built in a Los Angeles factory
- SAS (San Antonio Shoes), men and woman's shoes, made in San Antonio, Texas
- Scandic Footwear manufactures women's leather and wood bottom clogs in New England
- Schnee's, men and women's uninsulated rubber-bottom pac boots and hiking boots, made in Bozeman, Montana
- Sbicca, women's wedge sandals, select styles made in Los Angeles, California
- Sloggers, women's rainboots, made in Gardena, California
- Soft Star shoes for adults and children are made in Oregon
- SOM Footwear, quality athletic casual sneaker for men and women made in Colorado Top pick for American made sneakers
- Steger Mukluks and Moccasins, made in Ely, Minnesota (These are like the made in USA version of UGGs! We love them!)
- Sven clogs for men, women, and children are made in the USA
- The Palatines, leather slingbacks, sandals and booties made in Los Angeles, California
- The Vintage Shoe Company, men and women's boots, oxfords and flats, made in Pennsylvania
- Thorogood, men's boots
- Truman Boot Co., hand built boots, made in Colorado
- Vere Sandals, men and women's flip flops, made in Geneva, New York
- Walk-Over, men's casual shoes, select styles made in USA since 1758
- White's Boots, men's jumper boots
- Wolverine, men's boots, made in Rockford, Michigan (select styles)
- Zuzii Footwear manufactures shoes (sandals, clogs, sneakers) for baby, kids, and women in Los Angeles, California
Have we missed anything on this list of American made shoe brands? Which is your favorite? Share other Made in USA shoes brands with us.
Made in USA Shoe Insoles and Comfort Accessories
If you're looking for American made shoe insoles, we recommend Body and Sole Comfort foot cushions which use medical grade, petroleum-free gel to contour and adhere directly to your foot’s unique shape. These cushions stick to the skin to provide a personalized level of comfort not felt with drugstore shoe insoles.
The popular Lily Pads work best on the ball of the foot, top of the foot for lace or buckle discomfort, and around bunions. Each package includes two Lily Pads and a storage pouch. Save 20% off with code USALOVE at Body and Sole Comfort.
To make your American made shoes even comfier, try Piggy Pillows' flip flop insoles or American-made soft gel foot cushions from Body and Sole Comfort. And don't forget socks. Here is our guide: Made in USA Socks: The Ultimate Source List.
Our favorite retailers that offer Made in USA shoes
Pin this image to your Pinterest board to remind yourself and others to try to buy American
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.