I remember always veering away from horizontal stripes because I didn't think I could wear them. Most people, even stylists, might say that stripes will make you look wider. I don't think it's always true. Here are a couple fashion tips and tricks for how to wear horizontal stripes and still look stylish and fashionable.
Fashion Tips: How to Wear Horizontal Stripes
- Keep it simple: You'll want to pick a singular foundation piece to build your look. I find it easiest to do that with bottoms, like pants, shorts, or a skirt, but you'll typically find me in pants. I am absolutely in love with UME Unite's Lucy Lee pants. I find pant shopping quite difficult. Seriously, I cannot tell you how get the fabric, the fit, and feel of the UME pants really is. The waist has an elastic band in the back too, so they are super comfortable, all day long. Get free shipping with promo code LoveList15 thru June 14.
- Play with Colors: Be bold and wear bright colors. If you want to play it safe, go with shoes or accessories that are bright like Oka-b's Taylor flats in Coral.
- Highlight Your Waist: Find stripes that hit you at your waist so the smallest part of your torso is showcased. We love Second Base‘s Debbie navy stripe top.}
- Mix Patterns: Don't be afraid, to mix another pattern with your striped piece. I promise it will get easier the more you try it. I suggest a colorful scarf like Ash & Anchor Anaïs Long Infinity Scarf. It's perfect for pull together you outfit during any season.
- Accessorize: Complete your look with your jewelry. Try something simple, yet still eye catching like La Mer Collections'Cairo' Pyramid Stud Leather Wrap Bracelet Watch.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.