We’ve had many inquiries about American made boots for women. I admit, they are difficult to find, but I’ve done the searching for you, so you can easily shop for made in USA boots.
Made in USA Women's Boots
Made in USA Cold Weather Boots: Steger Mukluks
Steger Mukluks' collection of Mukluks keep your feet warm without adding the heavy weight of traditional winter boots. Steger Mukluks are made in Ely, Minnesota, from only the best moosehides available. The wool felt liners help feet stay warm and dry. In fact, many of the Steger Mukluks women's boot styles can withstand the harsh elements of winter, down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit, while other women's styles are made for everyday wear to keep up with the latest trends. These boots are ready for any snowy winter activity.
You can buy them in regular or wide, depending on the width of your foot. I have a large calf and typically cannot wear boots that go over my calf; I can wear these though. They are really warm and comfortable!
Made in USA Boots for Women: The List
If we missed your favorite women's boot brand that is American made, let us know in the comments. This list is frequently updated.
- ChiefSupply.com sells some serious made in USA boots: men's and women's work boots, military boots, combat boots, steel toe boots, fire boots, etc.
- Chippewa 17″ Vipercloth™ Snake Boots are designed to guard against snake bites, but they also withstand various weather conditions. While they are sold in men's sizes, they are made as small as a men's size 6, so any female with a size 7 and up, could wear them too. Note: Most Chippewa boots are made in USA, but not all. Double check country of origin before buying.
- Danner boots are styled for hiking, and also happen to keep your feet dry, depending on the style you select. A waterproof-yet-breathable Gore-Tex® liner helps to keep your foot dry and comfortable in a rugged, lumberjack-style made in USA boot handcrafted in Portland, Oregon.
- Kamik, a Canadian company, assembles some of its children's and women's snow boots in the USA. You can find a current selection of them at Nordstrom.
- Keen has a large selection of its made in USA low- and high-profile snow and hiking boots for men and women available at Zappos. Check the country of origin labels carefully with this brand, as only certain lines are made in the USA.
- L.L. Bean makes its iconic Bean boots for men, women, and kids in Maine.
- Soft Star makes all of its products to order in the company's workshop located in Corvallis, Oregon. They offer made in USA boot options for men, women, and children.
- Steger Mukluks makes its stylish cold weather boots for men, women, and kids in Ely, Minnesota. Learn more about Steger Mukluks at the top of this post!
- Steve Madden makes some of its fashion-forward shoes, including boots, in the USA.
- Schnee's has been handcrafting boots in Bozeman, Montana for over 25 years. There is a wide selection of boot heights, sizes and styles.
- UGG has started to make some of its boots in the USA. You can find a current selection of those at Nordstrom, including their new Hunter-like rubber rain boots. Check labels VERY carefully.
- Vintage Shoe Company has been hand-crafting shoes since 1833. Not all of this brand's shoes are lined.
OUR FAVORITE RETAILERS THAT OFFER MADE IN USA SHOES
American made Accessories for Boots
If you're looking for boot liners to make your shoes extra warm for the coldest months, Golden Touch Naturals offers Alpaca Felted shoe inserts. While other brands offer liners, I particularly like Golden Touch Natural shoe liners because alpaca is moisture-wicking, odor resistant, and durable. To make your American made shoes even comfier, try American-made soft gel foot cushions from Body and Sole Comfort!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.