When layers are worn right, it creates a pulled together outfit that creates both shape and style. Layering myth alert – some say it makes you look more bulky. False, friends. Layers done right pass off a posh silhouette. Employ some method to your madness with some easy layering guidelines to avoid the frumpy feeling.
Tips To Wearing Layers
- Keep your first layer fitted and lightweight. Cleavitz half top's for zero bulk.
- Your next layer should stay lightweight too, a button up or knit top.
- Add structure with a blazer or jacket. American made jackets.
- Lastly dress them up with add on accessories. USA Love List Eco Jewelery Source Guide.
- Belts accentuate the smallest part of your waist to create the hour glass silhouette
- Scarves add texture, color, and dimension.
- Necklaces select a long piece to work into the outfit.
Don't be afraid to mix it all together, layering can create several outfits just by swapping a few pieces.
Belt your scarf in with your other layers and add a long necklace to complete it.
Use different textures – lace, shimmer, and wool for example.
Add a pattern like floral or chevron.
These tips are for the cozy winter months – the more layers, the merrier.