Pumpkin pancakes are a HUGE hit with my kiddos for breakfast, and yes, even for dinner- especially when they come served with whipped cream on top! I love serving pumpkin pancakes for meals because, not only are they quick and easy to make, but unbeknownst to my kiddos, they are also packed with vitamins and nutrients. Pumpkin is high in vitamin A, which supports immune system functions, so this is the perfect time of year to eat pumpkin pancakes ALL. THE. TIME.
Bob's Red Mill recently sent me some products to try out, and I gave my pumpkin pancake recipe a whirl with Bob's Red Mill Unbleached White Flour. Bob's Red Mill manufacturing facilities are located in Oregon, and all of their whole grain products are milled there the old fashioned way- using a traditional stone mill.
I usually make a double batch of this recipe and freeze the leftovers. To freeze pancakes, place them (cooled) in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in the freezer until pancakes are hard. Then remove the pancakes from the cookie sheets and place them in a freezer bag or freezer safe container. Freezing them this way prevents them from sticking together.
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
2 cups Bob's Red Mill unbleached white flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
2. In a medium bowl combine eggs, pumpkin puree, yogurt, and milk.
3. Stir liquid mixture into the dry mixture, mixing until just blended.
4. Add melted butter, and mix a bit more. If mixture seems extra thick, I will add a tad bit more milk.
5. Heat pan or griddle, lightly grease (I use coconut oil).
6. Pour batter onto pan using 1/4 measuring cup.
7. When small bubbles are visible on the edges of pancake, flip. Cook until golden.
Top with local maple syrup, walnuts, pecans, and/or whipped cream.
This recipe is easy to alter for tastes and diet restrictions. I previously shared a paleo version, also using Bob's Red Mill products.
Love This Recipe? Check out These:
It’s Pumpkin Pie Time! Made in USA Pie Necessities
(Plus A Tito’s Pumpkin Pie Martini Recipe)