I’ve curated a list of the best products made in North Carolina that I'm sure USA Love List readers will love. There are things that distinguish North Carolina from the rest of the country and brands that make it stand out. While I'm native to West Virginia, I now reside in North Carolina. Not only is it a special place to me because I've raised my family here, but also because of the beautiful scenery that surrounds it and the distinct culture that is North Carolina.
Do you know these Made in North Carolina products?
- Crab Pot Trees began when Harvey and Sons in Davis, NC experimented with their colored crab traps (locally termed “crab pots”) and the Core Sound Christmas tree was born. The unique artificial tree was an immediate hit with friends and neighbors, who loved seeing the traditional material put to a new use. LED lights are woven through the crab pot mesh to add the festive touch to these unique and durable holiday decorations made in North Carolina.
Get 30% off and free shipping with code USALOVE
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts was founded in 1937 by Vernon Rudolph who bought a recipe from a French chef. He had intended to only sell to the local grocery stores but through constant public demand to buy the sweet smelling pastries, he relented and started selling right from the bakery as well. The first bakery was opened in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Le Bleu is bottled water, bottled under a patent pending purification process and nationally sold. They also bottle sport drinks, coffee and flavored drinks. This made in North Carolina product hails from Advance, North Carolina.
- Simplicity Sofa, sold only through the company website, this unique furniture store creates unique, one of a kind furniture that is multi-functional and assembled by the consumer. They offer one of kind designs that are all hand-made and customized based on 30 frame options. These 30 frames are able to create hundreds of sofa's, sofa sleepers and sectionals.
- Cheesecakes By Alex started when Alex baked his first cheesecake at the request of his mother-in-law. Unhappy with the way it turned out, he baked and baked until he had the perfect recipe. Not long after, his friends and family agreed he had the best cheesecakes around and Cheesecakes By Alex was born.
- Lenovo, based out of Whitsett, North Carolina, Lenovo is the world's second largest manufacturer of PC's. Responsible for hand-held electronics like the ThinkPad and the ThinkPad Helix. The opening of this facility is the beginning of American made products relinquishing the reliance on overseas manufacturers and it created hundreds of jobs.
- Whether the person on your list drinks their beverage of choice from a can, bottle, or even a jar (with a cuppow lid, of course!), the made in North Carolina Freaker USA koozie will stretch to fit.
- Pepsi, originally “the Brad drink”, developed by Caleb Bradham in New Bern, North Carolina in 1893. Pepsi is now one of the world's top competing soft drinks.
- The Universal Bar Code, developed by George Lauer in collaboration with IBM in 1969 and implemented in 1972. The Universal Bar Code was intended to make a supermarket scanner code for inventory purposes.
- Goody's headache powder, developed in Winston-Salem, North Carolina by a pharmacist by the name of Martin Goodman in 1932. Goody's Headache powder in made in North Carolina and can now be found in grocery stores and convenience stores nationwide.
- Mt. Olive Pickles is the largest independent pickle company in the United States, made by Shickrey Baddour in the mid 20's in Mt. Olive, North Carolina. Mt. Olive Pickles are made in North Carolina and are now sold nationally in most food chains.
Do you have a favorite Made in North Carolina product? Feel free to add it in the comments below.
Ashley Walkup is the blog owner of EmbracingHomemaking.net
Wondering what's made in your home state?
Don't miss our clickable map and be sure to let us know if we missed your favorite.