I’ve curated a list of the best products made in North Carolina that I'm sure USA Love List readers will love. There are things that distinguish North Carolina from the rest of the country and brands that make it stand out. While I'm native to West Virginia, I now reside in North Carolina. Not only is it a special place to me because I've raised my family here, but also because of the beautiful scenery that surrounds it and the distinct culture that is North Carolina.
Do you know these Made in North Carolina products?
- Big Spoon Roasters, if ya don't know, now ya know! This brand makes the best handcrafted nut butters from scratch. They use ingredients sourced directly from like-minded producers who share a dedication to authentic quality. Each flavor option is unique and let's you discover nut butters in a way you never thought possible. These are next level! Surpise and excite with this ultimate gourmet gift.
- Cheesecakes By Alex started when Alex baked his first cheesecake at the request of his mother-in-law. Unhappy with the way it turned out, he baked and baked until he had the perfect recipe. Not long after, his friends and family agreed he had the best cheesecakes around and Cheesecakes By Alex was born.
- Crab Pot Trees began when Harvey and Sons in Davis, NC experimented with their colored crab traps (locally termed “crab pots”) and the Core Sound Christmas tree was born. The unique artificial tree was an immediate hit with friends and neighbors, who loved seeing the traditional material put to a new use. LED lights are woven through the crab pot mesh to add the festive touch to these unique and durable holiday decorations made in North Carolina.
- Whether the person on your list drinks their beverage of choice from a can, bottle, or even a jar (with a cuppow lid, of course!), the made in North Carolina Freaker USA koozie will stretch to fit.
- Goody's headache powder, developed in Winston-Salem, North Carolina by a pharmacist by the name of Martin Goodman in 1932. Goody's Headache powder is made in North Carolina and can now be found in grocery stores and convenience stores nationwide.
- Le Bleu is bottled water, bottled under a patent pending purification process and nationally sold. They also bottle sports drinks, coffee, and flavored drinks. This made in North Carolina product hails from Advance, North Carolina.
- Lenovo, based out of Whitsett, North Carolina, Lenovo is the world's second largest manufacturer of PCs. Responsible for hand-held electronics like the ThinkPad and the ThinkPad Helix. The opening of this facility is the beginning of American made products relinquishing the reliance on overseas manufacturers and it created hundreds of jobs.
- Mt. Olive Pickles is the largest independent pickle company in the United States, made by Shickrey Baddour in the mid '20s in Mt. Olive, North Carolina. Mt. Olive Pickles are made in North Carolina and are now sold nationally in most food chains.
- Simplicity Sofa, sold only through the company website, this unique furniture store creates unique, one of a kind furniture that is multi-functional and assembled by the consumer. They offer one of a kind designs that are all hand-made and customized based on 30 frame options. These 30 frames are able to create hundreds of sofa's, sofa sleepers and sectionals.
- The Universal Bar Code, developed by George Lauer in collaboration with IBM in 1969 and implemented in 1972. The Universal Bar Code was intended to make a supermarket scanner code for inventory purposes.
Do you have a favorite Made in North Carolina product? Feel free to add it in the comments below.
Ashley Walkup is the blog owner of EmbracingHomemaking.net
SUPPORT AMERICAN MADE. THESE POSTS HAVE TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU DO JUST THAT.
What Does the Made in the USA Label Mean? Your Questions Answered.
Trying to Buy American? 3 Rules to Follow EVERY time you go Shopping
Ask your favorite stores to help you Buy American
Let’s buy American made gifts. We’ve got all the good ideas.
How to Avoid Tariffs: Buy American! Start Here
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
Pin this list to save it for later!
Chapel Hill toffee! Absolutely the best toffee in the world.
Elizabeth’s pecans in Turkey, NC. They have pecan brittle along with other items made from locally grown pecans.
Please add “Chapel Hill Toffee” to your list of made in America and here in Chapel Hill. It’s great.
I’d also suggest Simbly (https://simbly.com), a maker of affordable, sustainable furniture with a distinctly modern twist. Simbly’s furniture is manufactured in Hendersonville, NC.
SockTips ease my foot discomfort, & allow me to make daily walks which are longer. In dress shoes, I feel the freedom to wear them all day long. This product actually does what is advertises it will do. Wear these and your feet will thank you!
Would love for The Carpenter Craftsman in Apex, NC to be added to the list: http://www.thecarpentercraftsman.com Custom home decor made from reclaimed wood!
Add to the list Crave Mattress, an internet company selling direct to consumers and ships for free. http://www.cravemattress.com
What a great list! I had no idea so many of the brands I use often got their start in NC.
Lighthouse Candles in Kernersville NC. Wonderful scents lovingly developed and available as air fresheners, candles, sprays, lotions and more!! Especially great is their Poot Away that actually absorbs odor. Also a formula designed for skunk odor elimination. Local owner is Betty Burger. Check them out on FaceBook.
I knew many on this list, but was surprised by a few! Proud NC girl here!
Duke’ s Mayonnaise
Duke’s was born 100 years ago, in Greenville, SC…. not a NC product… and now made in Richmond, Va.
Cheerwine was also created in Nc, Barcodes, Overalls, and The first airplane. I am a professor from North Carolina and I am studying North Carolina. I hope this was helpful to you and may surprise you.
Lace socks and women’s hosiery knitted in North Carolina since 1991
I have some Mt Olive pickles in my fridge right now! They’re quite tasty.
Sad to say that I will not be buying any products made in NC until anti-trans laws are reversed and new laws that protect LGBT people are written in.
How’s that working out for you? Drink products…clothes..make up..major pharmaceutical products..meats..cheeses..wines.. Why punish businesses that have nothing to do with law making? Smh. Very “I’m taking my toys and going home”. Honestly though; peace. We don’t want your business.
If you’re so against nc; why are you on a forum about our state? Just stirring up drama..never trying to fix anything. Typical. Why you feel the need to spread your negativity astounds me. Do you really think you’re that important? Bless your heart.
You are confused. The laws aren’t anti anyone. They give business owners the right to choose. If the owners want to sabotage their business by excluding people, then they can.
I grew up in NC and I loved Neese’s extra sage country sausage! I live in California now, and I don’t eat sausage too often anymore, but theirs is so good! I haven’t tried their other products, but here is the link to check them out:
Love Mt. Olive Kosher Dills!
so hot love it tinder at gary withorpe
There’s also Raleigh Denim, Stuart Nye Jewelry, Ashe County Cheese, Smithfield, Lenox China, Old Carolina Brick Company, Statesville Brick Company, Weyerhaeuser Lumber, and countless others including a few hundred furniture companies. Here in the Land of the Longleaf Pine there is never a shortage of locally sourced and manufactured goods for all of your needs.
While your at it… Brooks Brothers makes button down Dress Shirts in NC too… There are so many things Made in NC it is a difficult list to make. As for the Lenovo plant in Whitsett I believe they only make product now for government & corporate contracts.
On top of all that North Carolina is absolutely beautiful!
My family and I usually go to the Cheesecake Factory when we have a hunkering for cheesecake, so I wonder if the Cheesecakes by Alex are just as good or are his better!
Alex’s are generally “richer” and I would argue better. For a chain business I don’t think you can beat Cheesecake Factory though.
His are BETTER! All his cheesecakes are good, but his Key Lime Cheesecake… … …s-p-e-c-I-a-l
No Kidding Goat’s Milk Soap is made in the Southern Piedmont of North Carolina. It is a wonderful product that I have used since just after it’s conception. Attached is their sales web site: https://no-kidding-soaps.myshopify.com/pages/about-us. Don’t let the NY address fool you at the bottom. I know for a fact that this soap is still handmade and hand cut in NC.
I would love to try Cheesecakes By Alex
Ole Mason Jar Apparel is Made in NC, as are the American Made gloves at Carolina Glove Company.
This is such a nice, wide ranging list of things made in North Carolina.
Don’t forget Adam’s Rib Rubb, the best rub ever. Also, Moon Pies and Cheerwine…
Mt. Olive Pickles are my favorite from North Carolina.
I am a Krispy Kreme fan and was unaware that the first bakery opened In North Carolina. They are such a treat.