Labor Day is one of those holidays where the meaning has been lost over the years. It is the traditional end of summer and a day for backyard barbecues with friends and family. But is was originally created as a day to honor the American worker. That's something we try to do every day at USA Love List when we celebrate the very best of what's made in the USA. Here are seven more ways to celebrate today and into autumn:
- Plan a fall day trip to a farm or a factory tour
- Look ahead to the gifts you need to buy and seek out American-made
- Bake a batch of cookies and drop them at your local police or fire station
- Explain to a child why we celebrate Labor Day
- Buy your pet some treats made in the USA
- Go to the mall or through your own home on a “Made in…” label-reading mission
- And of course, have a BBQ and RELAX!!
Have a good Labor Day idea to share? How will you celebrate today?