This list of cruelty free makeup and beauty brands that we love made in the USA keep getting longer! Make sure that your beauty products are non-toxic and that no animals are used for testing. Our editors have tried and reviewed the products on this list so you can be confident that they are the best.
When it came to finding the best cruelty-free makeup brands to add to this list, here is what we considered.
Why invest in cruelty free makeup and beauty products?
- Cruelty-free makeup brands – they are not tested on animals
- Non-Toxic – they do not contain harmful, cancer-causing ingredients
- American made – while they might not use 100% ingredients sourced in the States (as that would be impossible), they are sourcing as much as possible in the U.S. and supporting manufacturing jobs here resulting in products you can trust on your skin
Cruelty-Free Makeup & Beauty Brands We Love
You can find LOTS of options here. We know because we found many brands we love and support and they are listed below in alphabetical order. Did we miss your favorite cruelty free makeup or beauty brand? Let us know in the comments below.
- Aphorism Bright As Day Radiance Serum is handcrafted in micro-batches in New York City. This urban minimalistic skincare collection features four facial products that are bioactive, organic, wildcrafted, 100% plant-based, vegan, and cold-pressed. To combat environmental skin stressors such as congestion, air pollution and lack of beauty rest in a city that never sleeps, these day-to-night serums and facial oils feature powerful properties to replenish the skin.
- Axiology natural lipstick comes in vivid, eye-catching colors, and it's long lasting too. If you're looking for a cruelty-free lipstick made with non-toxic lipstick ingredients you can pronounce, including organic avocado, coconut, grapeseed and castor seed oil, organic candelilla wax, and mineral powder, look no further. Axiology Lipstick is one of our favorite cruelty free makeup brands because it is vegan and does not contain palm oil, the production of which continues to destroy the rainforest and its endangered inhabits, including orangutans. Axiology was founded and is run by Ericka Rodriguez, who has made it her company's mission to produce a vegan lipstick ethically and kindly.
- Benedetta cruelty-free skincare brand is based in California and has been making organic, farm-sourced small-batch skincare products since 1996. Their products are luxurious and excellently crafted for all skin types. We're huge fans of this American made luxury beauty brand.
- berlin skin care company is inspired by founder Monica's German grandmother, who always taught her that less is more when it comes to caring for the skin. After a two-year-long struggle with constant cystic acne, Monica finally learned how to heal her own skin. She followed a holistic lifestyle and used botanical ingredients in her skincare routine. Monica began studying aromatherapy and essential oils and quickly fell in love with how diverse, powerful, and invigorating plants could be for the entire body and mind.
I am very sensitive to smells but berlin smells fresh without being overly perfumey. The carrot serum goes on really easily and absorbs very quickly without being oily. The body oil smells soooo good. I love how black spruce smells kind of medicinal. The body oil also absorbs very quickly and doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily at all. All products are made in America with renewable energy and all packaging comes in recyclable boxes that are also made in the US.
- Biossance is a clean skincare cruelty-free brand that is pioneering sustainable beauty through biotechnology. Their 100% plant-based squalane, a mega-moisturizing molecule found in each of their products, is sourced sustainably from sugarcane. Biossance prioritizes sustainability with tree-free outer packaging made from sugarcane paper. They do not use bleach chemicals, dyes, or foil, and they package products in recyclable bottles. We love the weightless hydration of the brand's bestselling SQUALANE + VITAMIN C ROSE OIL. This sugarcane-derived, sustainable squalane oil contains the brightening power of Vitamin C, plus rose oil, which is revered for reducing the look of lines and wrinkles. A little goes a long way – you'll only need a drop or two for radiantly healthy-looking skin. Shop Biossance at Sephora.
- Cannabliss Organic offers natural, organic, cruelty-free products made with naturally rich hemp oil to provide numerous healing benefits. The full-spectrum hemp oil is grown organically in Colorado and works wonders on dry skin, acne, wrinkles, scars, sun spots, eczema, and psoriasis. The brand uses the finest ingredients and supports sustainable practices. These products are rich and luxurious and not diluted with water or harmful chemicals. We especially love the Bliss Body Oil.
- COOLA makes great mineral-based, made in USA non-toxic sunscreen. My go-to cruelty-free foundation is COOLA Mineral Face SPF 30 – Matte Tint. It goes on smooth and provides the perfect coverage without being heavy. It is hypoallergenic, vegan, TSA-friendly, cruelty-free, and water-resistant for up to 40 minutes. Read more about the specific products we've reviewed and love already. Shop Cooola at Sephora.
- Earth Harbor uses only the highest quality and ethically-sourced ingredients to lovingly bring you 100% natural, effective, cruelty-free beauty products. I love the GLOW JUICE Refining Enzyme Mask because it leaves my skin glowing for days and works diligently to improve the skin's texture, tone, and clarity. I leave it on all day long to work deep into my pores. The ingredients are wildcrafted, non-toxic, certified organic, and non-GMO.
- Erin's Faces is the PETA Certified cruelty-free mineral makeup, organic, and vegan skincare line from NYC makeup artist, Erin Williams. Erin's story is a really incredible one of passion, honesty, and determination. Her entire purpose is to empower, educate, and include women (and the occasional gent!) of all shapes, sizes, and shades.
I love Erin's beauty connection for its simple, clean, and yet effective ingredients. It's easy to find products that address your skincare concerns, like Tamanu Oil, which is wonderful for all skin types that are in search of hydration.
Use discount code USALOVE for 10% off of an entire order. It's valid for 1 use per customer through December 31, 2020.
- FREEDOM is a cruelty-free, natural deodorant that actually works! Be healthy – be sweaty – just don't be stinky. The deodorant is so natural you can actually eat it! (Although I don't advise it!) FREEDOM is formulated without aluminum, parabens and synthetic fragrances so you can be sure you're using something safe. Post gym shower, swipe on wrists and neck as your fragrance of choice too. Visit the Freedom Amazon shop.
- Indie Lee beauty brand was created after the brand's founder conquered a life-threatening brain tumor that pointed to environmental toxins as the culprit. Indie Lee awoke on April 22, 2009 with a new lease on life and the passion to create a chic, eco-friendly, cruelty-free namesake skincare collection. We've been fans for a long while. Read about why we love Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil and Indie Lee Patchouli Sandalwood Moisturizing Oil. Shop Indie Lee at Sephora.
- Jane Iredale makes cruelty free makeup, cosmetics, and cruelty free makeup brushes all in the United States. The brand's namesake founder was inspired to develop a makeup line that was also good for the skin. Using the highest-quality minerals available and organic ingredients when possible. The Jane Iredale full line of hypoallergenic, cruelty-free skincare and makeup is nourishing for your spirit and skin alike. Read more about the specific products we've reviewed and love already. Visit the Jane Iredale Amazon shop.
- Juice Beauty offers the best in class when it comes to organic, cruelty-free skincare and makeup. One of the very top cruelty-free makeup brands, Juice Organics was developed by wellness entrepreneur, Karen Behnke. I love Juice Beauty Antioxidant Moisturizer for its hydrating, organic ingredients. I also like to put this moisturizer on under my facial oil before bedtime. I've never used a CC Cream that I love more than Juice Beauty STEM Cellular CC Cream. It offers the perfect coverage and it protects with mineral SPF 30. Coola ranks one, a great ranking, on the Environmental Working Group (EWG) scale. Visit the Juice Beauty Amazon shop.
- Kindred Skincare Co. offers 100% organic oil cleansing skincare collection that caters to any man, woman, or teen. This cruelty-free skincare line is 100% organic and vegan-friendly, and consists of facial and body cleansers, oils and treatments. These products are free of parabens, sulfates, fragrances, animal by-products, and harsh chemicals. Kindred Skincare Co. was founded and created by a female Materials Science Engineer. Her mission with Kindred Skincare is, with its bounty of nature’s ingredients, is akin to a “walk through the woods,” immersing your skin in nature and allowing it to reset naturally, be nourished and rejuvenated as well as lifting your spirits and soothing your mind.
- Kopari is a Hawaiian born brand that uses 100% coconut oil in all its products. We love this skincare line for its cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free and vegan products. Coconut oil won't dry out your skin, which actually helps heal acne. Your skin won't go into excess oil production from being dried out from harsh chemicals and products that don't support your skin's natural balance. We particularly love the Face the Day & Night Kit for making cruelty free skincare simple. Shop Kopari at Sephora.
- Kypris Beauty is made with organic, wildcrafted, and local and sustainably procured ingredients from woman-owned farms and is one of the most luxurious cruelty-free skincare lines made in the USA. If you're going to try one of their products, I suggest the Beauty Elixir II: Healing Bouquet. This elixir softens, tones, and balances skin.
- Leahlani Skincare is a botanical skincare line formulated in Hawaii by holistic skincare expert, licensed esthetician, and botanical alchemist Leah Klasovsky. Leahlani transforms your mundane skincare routine into a treasured ritual that nourishes and feeds the skin with natural ingredients found in beloved Hawaii. Shop by skin type or ritual kit, you'll be sure to find everyday luxuries that will transform and heal your skin.
Balance and soothe your skin with Leahlani Happy Hour Serum. Happy Hour protects the skin from free radical damage and unveils a calm, radiant, and balanced complexion while alleviating inflammation, neutralizing redness, soothing irritation, and diminishing scarring. It's a nourishing cocktail of chardonnay grapeseed oil, antioxidant tea extracts, soothing lavender, and blue tansy,
- Legend's Creek Farm cruelty free skincare products are certified cruelty free and have the Leaping Bunny on the label. “Everything your skin needs to feel great, and nothing it doesn't” is Legend's Creek Farm's slogan. They aren't exaggerating either when they say ‘everything'. Legend's Creek Farm offers beauty products you can use from your head (herbal shampoos and conditioners) to your toes ( goat milk lotion). Today, Legend's Creek Farm is known world wide for their Premium Goat Milk Lotions. This lotion can be used as a body and hand lotion, yet it is natural enough to be used on the face too. What I love about Legend's Creek Farm's lotions is the variety of scents they come in (there is non scented too!). You are sure. to find one to your liking.
- Odacité makes a line of facial oils ultra-specific to your skin type. You will see immediate results. My favorite is the black cumin + cajeput serum concentrate, perfect for oily and acne-prone skin. If you're looking for age-defying and skin glowing benefits, this is your go-to facial oil. It's vegan, non-GMO, cruelty-free, gluten-free and made in California. Visit the Odacite Amazon shop.
- One Love Organics harnesses the healing power of plants and specializes in holistic skincare essentials packed with antioxidants and vitamins to deliver a fresh, healthy glow. We're huge fans! Suzanne LeRoux created the brand's award-winning skincare products which are produced in micro-batches at the company’s ECOCERT® licensed manufacturing facility in St. Simons Island, Georgia. The products never include parabens, phenoxyethanol, nanoparticles, silicon, PEG, synthetic perfumes or dyes. Shop One Love Organics at Bluemercury.
- Organic Bath Co. makes clean, simple non-toxic, organic bath, and personal care products. The body butter has simple and hydrating, all organic ingredients including, shea butter, sunflower seed oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, and essential oils. There are no nasty fillers or chemicals in these beautifully simple products. Expect soft, supple, and hydrated skin.
- OSEA offers products with a natural blend of potent organic seaweed concentrates, combined with lush botanicals and essential oils to deliver effective natural skincare solutions for anti-aging, sensitive skin, and blemish care. OSEA is a family run and operated cruelty-free beauty business that's been around since 1996. We love that OSEA is non-toxic, vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free skincare line. Read more about the specific products we've reviewed and love already. Shop OSEA at Bluemercury.
- Sara Elizabeth Cruelty-Free Advanced Skincare contains highly effective cosmeceutical grade ingredients such as Peptides, Plant Source Collagen, and Hyaluronic Acid, stable forms of Vitamin C and Enzyme and AHA exfoliants. We are fans of the line overall. The namesake beauty brand was created and is owned by Sara herself. We're particularly fond of the Ylang Ylang Moisture Quench Firming Cream which makes for the perfect cruelty-free face moisturizer. Hyaluronic acid and Konjac spheres penetrate the upper layers of the epidermis, rapidly tightening the skin and smoothing out wrinkles to fortify facial skin, leaving it supple and hydrated.
- SIGIL SCENT offers unisex fragrances and body care products are free of harsh chemicals and synthetics. The sampler set takes you on a sensorial journey through these vegan, cruelty-free made in USA perfumes. It includes all six of SIGIL's powerful, plant-based fragrance blends made with organic corn-based alcohol and fragrance comprised of organic and wildcrafted essential oils. SIGIL Scent is formulated without phthalates, parabens, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, or propylene glycol.
- SUNDAY RILEY is another cruelty-free skincare line created to target specific skincare issues. We're big fans of Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil, a blend of superfood seed oils mean to deliver anti-oxidant treatment while hydrating and smoothing your face. Brand founder, Sunday Riley, created a line for targeted skincare treatment designed to improve skin immediately that continue to be effective over time. Sunday Riley products are cruelty-free and formulated without fragrance. Shop Sunday Riley at Sephora.
- Tammy Fender makes exquisite, holistic, plant-based cruelty-free skincare products and is also a woman-owned beauty business. I have tried a lot of beauty products, and I couldn't have put it better myself…Tammy Fender Epi-Peel, is a facial in a jar. Your skin is left feeling soft and smooth. I like using this product once a week before my nighttime beauty routine. The results are just like going to get a spa facial. A little goes a long way and the jar can be used for about 9-12 uses. Shop Tammy Fender at Bluemercury.
- Tata Harper is a non-toxic, luxury skincare line that's cruelty-free. All products are brought to your face from Tata's farm in Vermont. We're huge fans of Tata Harper Beautifying Face Oil for its luxuriously lightweight, fast-absorbing face oil helps to instantly energize the look of the skin, leaving a silky-soft, hydrated surface with a brighter and firmer appearance. Powered by Brown Algae Extract, this oil helps turn back the skin’s age clock to reduce the appearance of dullness and fatigue for a toned, radiant look, while Camellia Flower oil deeply moisturizes with essential fatty acids. Shop Tata Harper at Sephora.
- Vapour Beauty offers a bold approach to crafting high-performance cosmetics includes only the purest, active ingredients from the earth—and nothing else. Of all of the cruelty-free makeup brands, this one has one of the largest product ranges. The brand was created by Krysia Boinis and Kristine Keheley in the enchanted mountains of Taos, New Mexico. Vapour Organic Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation is worth every penny. This product is absolutely amazing. You only need one pump to cover your entire face – a little goes a long way. It is so natural looking and offers a great sheen, without being shiny. I love it.
- Vert Mont Perfumery makes essential oil-based, non-toxic, vegan, cruelty-free fragrance. The brand offers artisanal botanical perfumes handmade in Vermont. Each product is perfumed to be experienced as an intimate scent – in that only those who are closest to you will smell your perfume. I personally love the Ver Mont Perfumery's Neroli Body Nectar. It is a luxurious perfumed moisturizer made with simple ingredients, including, organic sweet almond oil, coconut oil, Marula oil, organic neroli, & Moroccan rose absolute, resulting in silky, hydrated and healthy skin.
- Yarok is one of my favoritehaircare brands that offers cruelty-free shampoo and conditioner along with cruelty-free and non-toxic hair care products. The products smell intoxicating, work so well, and leave your hair clean all while using non-toxic, vegan ingredients. If you have dry, damaged, or color-treated hair that needs hydration and nourishment, I highly recommend the Yarok Revitalization Trio. The trio includes the Feed Your Moisture Shampoo (12oz), Feed Your Moisture Conditioning Masque (4oz), and your choice of Feed Your Youth Hair & Scalp Treatment (1oz) or Feed Your Sunshine Hair Serum (1oz).
- Zak Body uses the finest nourishing plant oils to make its cruelty free Shave Oil. It protects your skin from razor burn while moisturizing and conditioning your skin for a beautiful shave. ZAK Shave Oils nourish like a lotion so your razor glides over your skin for an effortless shave. Essential oils give this one of a kind oil blend an unforgettable smell to energize your shower routine.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.