Makeup allows you to get a brow lift when your eyes need some perking up. As we age, our eyelids lose some of their elasticity and start to droop slightly, lessening the space between our brow and lash line. To visually correct that, and to open your eyes back up, you can do a few easy tricks with your makeup to “lift” your brow line and make those eyes pop. I'm going to teach you how to lift eyebrows naturally and, even better, we're going to do it with American made cosmetics.
How To Lift Your Eyebrows Naturally with American Made Makeup
Don't miss our source list of American made beauty products for makeup brand suggestions.
How to create an eyebrow lift using makeup
1. Always keep your arch waxed and tweezed creating a clean line with no sparse hair out of line. Get a trusted professional to shape your brows, they are the frame of your face. There is a right and a wrong to tweeze and wax in the eyebrow world!
2. Fill in your brows with a pencil or brow powder to frame your face and keep your brows defined. I suggest Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo, which is available at Ulta Beauty.
3. Use a matte, non-shimmering all neutral color eyeshadow all over your eyelid. Try Au Naturale Creme de la Creme Eyeshadow.
4. Shade under your brow bone using highlighter. Start from about the arch of the brow stroking outward to the tail of your eyebrow. Try Au Naturale All-Glowing Creme Highlighter.
5. Eyeliner should be applied in a thin line slightly getting thicker at the outer corner of your eye. Take care to have the finishing point direct upwards toward the temple to draw the eye upward. This does not need to be a dramatic cat eye, just the direction of the point. Try Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner.
This is no surgical fix but with the right technique and your favorite American made beauty products you can see a visible difference for very little effort. Read all of our anti aging tips, here.
Follow our American Beauty boards on Pinterest:
I looove the eyeliner trick!
Can perhaps you post a visual tutorial of this?
I’ve been noticing gorgeously done eyes lately, and have been envying them. I want to try these as I want to look glamorous!!!
I like these tips–I’m going to try a couple of them! Thanks for the American made suggestions!
A bit of white on the inside of the lid is another eye opening trick
I just realized I haven’t changed my makeup routine since high school – and that was a long time ago! I’d like to try these ideas, and the makeup, too!
I have also found that if you use eyeliner just a smidge (not far!!!!) off the actual lid line, you can open up eyes a little more.
Great tips…. to misquote the dearly departed Nora Ephron, “I feel bad about my eyes.”
Thanks for the post. I usually try to buy American, but never really tried with make-up. Thank you for the list, and the tips.
The eyeliner trick really works, but it takes some getting used to, so you don’t end up looking like Amy Winehouse
LOL – I’ve seen a lot of people walking around lately that haven’t quite perfected it yet! 🙂
Very true, it is so right until it is just wrong!