These easy makeup tips for summer will keep you polished and fresh in the hot summer sun. If you plan to spend some time out in the heat this summer, a minimal approach to makeup is a great option. No sweat pool of makeup, no running eyeliner, and easy maintenance.
5 step makeup routine for summer
- Moisturize with an oil free face lotion that includes SPF of 20 or more. This will be the only prep you need and provide a barrier against the sun in one step. Mario Badescu offers Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30, it is one of the lightest hydrating lotions available.
- Spot conceal any blemishes or dark circles. Fake up doubles as concealer and a bit of highlighter so don't be afraid to use this liberally to get your skin tone evened out. It blends effortlessly with your finger tips.
- To add a natural looking hint of tan to your face use a light sweep of bronzer all over focusing on the cheek bones. Hoola by Benefit is my favorite matte bronzer. It has a real looking finish, no sparkle, shimmer or glitter.
- Add a pop of color to your eyes with a cream eyeshadow and waterproof mascara. It doesn't melt off and can with stand a little splashing in the ocean while giving you a complete look. The teal shade pictured is Cream eyeshadow – witness by Whip Hand Cosmetics of Detroit.
- Finish your lips with a protectant with SPF. Chapped, burnt lips are the worst! Buddha Balm has natural zinc oxide to prevent a sun burn and plenty of smoothing ingredients to keep you pucker pretty.
These short and sweet steps will keep you looking your best with minimal effort. Packing for summer trips is cinch when you minimize your routine too. Bring on the sunny days.