These easy makeup tips for summer will keep you polished and fresh in the hot summer sun. If you plan to spend some time out in the heat this summer, a minimal approach to makeup is a great option. No sweat pool of makeup, no running eyeliner, and easy maintenance.
5 step makeup routine for summer
- Moisturize with an oil-free face lotion that includes SPF of 20 or more. This will be the only prep you need and provide a barrier against the sun in one step. Mario Badescu offers Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 30, it is one of the lightest hydrating lotions available.
- Spot conceal any blemishes or dark circles. BaeBlu Organic Concealer blends effortlessly with your fingertips.
- To add a natural-looking hint of tan to your face, use a light sweep of bronzer all over, focusing on the cheekbones. Hoola by Benefit is my favorite matte bronzer. It has a real-look finish, with no sparkle, shimmer, or glitter.
- Add a pop of color to your eyes with a sparkly eyeshadow and waterproof mascara. It doesn't melt off and can withstand a little splashing in the ocean while giving you a complete look. Try Colourpop Shore Thing Jelly Much Eyeshadow in Mystical. It gives the perfect amount of shimmer for summer days and nights while also looking natural with its taupe undertone.
- Finish your lips with a protectant with SPF. Chapped, burnt lips are the worst! Sun Bum has natural zinc oxide to prevent sunburn and plenty of smoothing ingredients to keep you pucker pretty.
These short and sweet steps will keep you looking your best with minimal effort. Packing for summer trips is a cinch when you minimize your routine too. Bring on the sunny days.
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
Pin this list to save it for later!
Mario Badescu products are great! I suggest trying their “silver powder” product for blackheads. I’ve never seen any other product out there like it.
I love reading your posts and finding out that products I have been using are made in the USA! Thank you, Benefit!
Oooh! I’ve been meaning to pick up a good bronzer – I’ll have to check this one out! 🙂
you gotta stay moisturized and these products seem light enough that you could do anything! and i agree with susan…waterproof mascara is definitely a must!
Waterproof mascara is a MUST!