We often are asked for sources for American made tools. It makes sense that workers and homeowners alike would want to buy tools made in the USA. This is our list of tool brands you should seek to build your American Made toolbox.
Tools Made in USA
Our USA Love List editors are always on the look-out for tools made in USA. We search tool websites, where we read company information and brand descriptions. We search the shelves at big box stores and read tool packaging.
This list of American Made Tools was originally started in 2014. Sadly, over the years we have removed many companies. However, we still have a lot of companies on our list that have been manufacturing tools in the states for over 100 years. We also have found several companies that manufacture most of their tools overseas, but have some made here. We have included these companies
We also have list of Made in USA Garden Tools and an article on Made in USA Yard: Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, and More.
What Tools are Made in USA?
This list of tools made in America includes hand tools and power tools. To be included in our list the tool brand had to have at least one tool that:
- Has its final assembly in the United States- these tools are labeled ‘Assembled in the USA'.
- Is significantly processed in the US from materials sourced globally and/or in the USA.
- Is processed completely in the USA from components or materials sourced in the USA.
American Made Tools: The Source List
Please note: Many of the companies that are listed below also manufacture tools in other countries. We always support any effort a company makes to keep American jobs. Please read labels carefully.
Hand Tools Made in USA
- Barr Specialty Tools hand forged specialty tools are made in Idaho. Tool selection includes framing and bench chisels, chair building tools, draw knives, slicks, ADZ & scorps, and mallets.
- Blue Spruce Toolworks quality hand tools are made in Ohio. Products include chisels, knives, saws, mallets, and layout tools.
- Bondhus is a manufacturer of ball end, hex and star tools located in Monticello, Minnesota.
- Bully Tools garden and yard tools, including rakes, shovels, cultivating tools, digging tools and more are made in Ohio. Shop the Bully Tools Amazon shop.
- Channellock pliers (over 120 different sizes and types) are made in Pennsylvania. They also have a selection of nut drivers, and screwdrivers made in USA. Note: Not all Channellock products are made in the USA, but those that are are clearly marked.
- Chappell Universal Square & Rule high quality framing squares are made in the USA.
- Cornwell has been manufacturing quality mechanic tools in Ohio since 1919.
- Council Tool has been manufacturing hand tools in the US since 1886. The steel and hickory used to make these high-quality tools are both sourced in America. Tool selection includes axes, hammers and garden/ landscaping tools.
- Craftsman manufactures tape measures and select saw blades and knives in the USA. They have just opened a new manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas that will be making hand tools. Products are expected to be released by the end of 2022. Stay tuned!
- Crick Tool premium wood levels are made in Texas. Shop Crick Tool levels on Amazon.
- Derma-safe utility knives, which are handy when fishing, camping, and even hiking, are manufactured in New Jersey. Shop Derma-safe at Amazon.
- Diamond Saw Works manufactures Sterling Saw Blades small tool blades in the USA.
- Dimide clamps are manufactured in Connecticut.
- Empire levels and squares are made in Wisconsin. Shop Empire at Amazon.
- Estwing has been manufacturing claw hammers, mallets, axes, and specialty tools in Rockford, Illinois since 1923. Visit the Estwing Amazon store.
- Flange Wizard is based in California and manufactures made in USA welders tools
- Grace USA tools for gunsmith, woodworking, industrial, mechanical and military are all handcrafted in the USA. Tools include screwdrivers, hammers, and punch sets. Shop the Grace USA Amazon store.
- Hardcore Hammers premium hammers and hatchets are proudly made in the USA.
- Klein Tools has been manufacturing tools in the USA for over 100 years! Klein Tools currently has four facilities in the USA that manufacture screwdrivers (Lincolnshire, Illinois), steel foraging (Elk Grove Village, Illinois), high-quality scissors and cutlery products (Bolivar, New York), and pliers and wire strippers (Mansfield, Texas). Note: Not all Klein Tools products are made in the USA, but those that are are clearly marked. Shop the Klein Tools Amazon store.
- Kraft Tool Co. includes a product line of time-tested American made tools for the construction professional. Kraft Tool Co. includes W.Rose, a manufacturer of edging tools, trowels, and knives in Pennsylvania since 1798; Sands Level and Tool, a leader in levels and straight edges, all American made; Superior Tile Cutter Inc, a manufacturer of tile cutters, chisels, and scribes.
- Lie-Nielsen Toolworks Inc manufactures heirloom quality hand tools for woodworkers and others, made in Maine. Selection includes hand planes, saws, chisels, and more.
- Loggerhead Tools Bionic Wrench is made in the USA.
- Lumberjack Tools woodworking tools that can be used to build wood furniture are American made.
- Mac Tools manufactures some of their mechanic tools in the USA including pliers, pry bars, hammers and more. Note: Not all Mac Tools products are made in the USA, but those that are are clearly labeled in the descriptions.
- Moody Tools, Inc has been manufacturing the finest precision hand tools in Rhode Island for nearly 60 years.
- Red Pig Garden Tools hand-forged garden tools- weeders, hand hoes, trowels, and more- are made in Oregon.
- RevMark quickdraw marker with patented belt clip is made in USA.
- SK Professional Tools wrenches, socket sets, pliers, screwdrivers and more are made and assembled in the USA from US steel. Shop the SK Tool Amazon store.
- Stanley is manufacturing a select line of tools (tape measurers, screwdrivers, knives, tool boxes, saws and more) from globally sourced materials, identified by a special flag label on the packaging. Stanley is owned by Stanley Black & Decker.
- Studpop magnetic stud finder is 100% made in the USA. The Studpop is VERY simple to use, requires no batteries, and comes in various colors. When I'm not rearranging artwork or putting up wall shelving, my Studpop serves another purpose as a refrigerator magnet, making it easy to find when needed! Shop the Studpop Amazon store.
- Trucker's Friend all purpose, multi-tool hand tool is manufactured in the USA.
- U.S. Tape manufactures a line of short and long measuring tapes, Spencer forestry logger tapes, and most oil tank gauging tapes in Pennsylvania. Note: Not all U.S Tape products are American made.
- USA Tool Supply is an online retailer of American made tools.
- Vaughan has been manufacturing hand tools like hammers, hatchets, handsaws and claws in America since 1869. Dalluge decking and framing hammers are made in the USA by Vaughn.
Tool Sets Made in USA
- Channellock has a selection of plier sets, and screwdriver sets made in USA. Note: Not all Channelock products are American made, but those that are are clearly marked.
- Eklind Tools makes their legendary Allen wrench hex key sets and screwdriver sets in their Illinois factory that employs over 100 people. Shop the Eklind Tools Amazon store.
- Grace USA manufactures punch sets and wooden handled screwdriver sets in the USA. Shop the Grace USA Amazon store.
- Tekton wrench sets and socket rail and tray sets, and screwdriver sets are made in USA. Note: not all Tekton tools are made in the USA.
Power Tools Made in USA
This category includes power tools, as well as power tool accessories.
- Atlas Cutting Tools end mills, reamers, taps, drills, bars, and more all manufactured in Connecticut.
- Big Gator Tools drill and tap guides are manufactured in the USA. Shop the Big Gator Tools Amazon store.
- Craftsman offers select power tools, like the CRAFTSMAN V20+ Drills/Drivers, Impact Drivers and Hammerdrills that made in USA with global materials.
- Dewalt makes select power tools in their seven US manufacturing plants using globally sourced materials. Look for special labeling on item packaging.
- Eagle America router bits are made in USA Note: Not all Eagle America products are American made, so read labels carefully.
- Leatherman multitools are made for multiuse and made in the USA.
- MBW INC. manufactures compaction and concrete construction equipment in the USA.
- Montana Brand drill and drive sets, drill and drive bits, and other power tool accessories are manufactured by the Jore Corporation in Ronan, Montana.
- Rocket Socket by Hudson Bearings offers tools that remove stripped, damaged, and rusted fasteners and are also made in the USA.
- Sterling Saw Blades by Diamond Saw Works manufactures band saw blades.
- Stanley Black & Decker owns 49 US factories and employs 18,000 American workers (as well as others in other countries), but it is difficult to find any information on specific items that can bear the Made in USA label. Find more information here. Stanley Black & Decker owns Craftsman, Stanley and Dewalt.
Make sure you have the best American made tool storage products. Our list of Made in USA Tool Boxes, Tool Bags and Tool Storage Solutions includes every option. We found tool boxes, tool chests, tool vests, tool bags, tool belts, and more!
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
Pin this list to save it for later!