We often are asked for sources for American made tools. It makes sense that workers and homeowners alike would want to buy tools made in the USA. Here is our list of brands you should seek to build your toolbox.
American Made Tools
Chapman MFG.: Chapman Interchangeability
Chapman Mfg. interchangeable screwdriver sets have been manufactured in Durham,Connecticut since 1936. Chapman insert bits are milled from USA tool steel. The ball bearing and spring in every bit are also made in the USA, and the bits are heat treated and finished with black oxide in Connecticut. Chapman's famous midget ratchet is punched from USA stainless steel and all the internals are also made in USA. All three of Chapman's cases are made in the USA, and one of them is made about an hour away from the Chapman shop in CT.
RevMark Quickdraw Marker
The RevMark quickdraw marker has a patented belt clip design. The marker's cover stays attached to your belt, so you don't lose it while making your mark. The RevMark marker comes in blue, black or red permanent ink and the tip is an industrial grade for heavy use. This is the perfect marker for electricians, plumbers, carpenters, and DIY'ers!
Made in USA Tools Deal: Save 10% off your RevMark total order with code USALOVE
American Made Tools: The Source List
Please note: Many of the companies that are listed below also manufacture tools in other countries. We always support any effort a company makes to keep American jobs. Please read labels carefully.
- Armstrong hammers and mallets are made in USA.
- Bondhus is a manufacturer of ball end, hex and star tools located in Monticello, Minnesota.
- Bully Tools garden and yard tools, including rakes and shovels, are made in Ohio.
- Chapman Mfg. interchangeable tools, screwdriver sets, are made in Connecticut. Learn more about Chapman Mfg. tools at the top of this article.
- Channellock pliers (over 120 different sizes and types) are made in Pennsylvania.
- Craftsman still manufactures many hand tools like screwdrivers and hammers in the USA.
- Council Tool has been manufacturing hand tools in the US since 1886. The steel and hickory used to make these high-quality tools are both sourced in America.
- All Derma-safe utility knives, which are handy when fishing, camping, and even hiking, are manufactured in New Jersey.
- Diggit garden hand tools are made in the USA.
- Dimide clamps are manufactured in Connecticut.
- Estwing has been manufacturing claw hammers, mallets, axes, and specialty tools in Rockford, Illinois since 1923.
- Florian ratchet pruners and select garden tools are made in USA.
- Geneva tool boxes, truck and van boxes, and garage storage systems are manufactured in Illinois.
- Hardcore Hammers premium hatchets are proudly made in the USA.
- Klein Tools has been manufacturing tools in the USA for over 100 years! Klein Tools currently has four facilities in the USA that manufacture screwdrivers (Lincolnshire, Illinois), steel foraging (Elk Grove Village, Illinois), high-quality scissors and cutlery products (Bolivar, New York), and pliers and wire strippers (Mansfield, Texas).
- Kraft Tool Co. includes a product line of time-tested American made tools for the construction professional. Kraft Tool Co. includes W.Rose, a manufacturer of edging tools, trowels, and knives in Pennsylvania since 1798; Sands Level and Tool, a leader in levels and straight edges, all American made; Superior Tile Cutter Inc, a manufacturer of tile cutters, chisels, and scribes.
- Leatherman also manufactures select pocket wrenches, and knives in Portland, Oregon.
- Lie-Nielsen Toolworks Inc manufactures heirloom quality hand tools for woodworkers and others, made in Maine.
- Montana Brand drill and drive sets, drill and drive bits, and other power tool accessories are manufactured by the Jore Corporation in Ronan, Montana.
- Moody Tools, Inc has been manufacturing the finest precision hand tools in Rhode Island for nearly 60 years.
- Red Pig Garden Tools hand-forged garden tools- weeders, hand hoes, trowels, and more- are made in Oregon.
- RevMark quickdraw marker with patented belt clip is made in USA. Learn more about RevMark at the top of this article. Made in USA Tools Deal: Save 10% off your RevMark total order with code USALOVE
- SK Professional Tools wrenches, socket sets, pliers, screwdrivers and more are made and assembled in the USA from US steel.
- Studpop magnetic stud finder is 100% made in the USA. The Studpop is VERY simple to use, requires no batteries, and comes in various colors. When I'm not rearranging artwork or putting up wall shelving, my Studpop serves another purpose as a refrigerator magnet, making it easy to find when needed!
- Trucker's Friend all purpose, multi-tool hand tool is manufactured in the USA.
- U.S. Tape manufactures a line of short and long measuring tapes, Spencer forestry logger tapes, and most oil tank gauging tapes in Pennsylvania.
- USA Tool Supply is an online retailer of American made tools.
- Vaughan has been manufacturing hand tools like hammers, hatchets, handsaws and claws in America since 1869.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.