You may wonder how to repair sun damage that has started to show. After enjoying long summer days, your skin shows the signs of being tired, dull, and even discolored. Of course, the best way to control sun damage is prevention, but even then most of our skin can still use some rejuvenation. There is a broad range of options to recover sun-damaged skin. Today, we are focusing on the fundamentals and an over the counter option that's American made, ALPHA Skin Care. Depending on the severity of sun damage this may be all you need.
HOW TO REPAIR SUN DAMAGE
- Never skip using sun protection! We recommend using sunscreen with at least an SPF 30; this blocks the body's cellular response to the sun.
- Exfoliate regularly; this increases cellular turnover, sloughing old cells for fresh cells.
- Treat unwanted pigment; it will not bleach skin but will target damaged areas.
- Always hydrate; this will nourish healthy skin.
- Use an esthetician's services in conjunction with your home care.
- Visit a dermatologist for advanced treatments or if you see anything suspicious.
PRODUCTS & INGREDIENTS THAT REPAIR SUN DAMAGE
There are a variety of organic and inorganic ingredients used to exfoliate and lighten hyperpigmentation. Three well known and time tested favorites are glycolic acid, hydroquinone, and retinol.
The use of alpha hydroxy acid-containing products ensures proper penetration of your treatments as the AHA's prep the skin to receive and absorb readily. It will also help the overall radiance and even tone of your complexion. Additionally, the increased cellular turnover promotes healthy collagen production.
What are your skin care concerns? Are you looking for American made products you can trust? Let us know in the comments below.