Pack an Eco-friendly lunch with these Four Tips
1. Replace those paper bags that are tossed after each use with an Eco-friendly, reusable lunch bag. It is getting harder every year to find lunch bags made in the USA, but there are some out there! Check our list here.
2. Use reusable lunch containers or bags instead of plastic baggies, plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Also, you can save money AND make less trash by purchasing the regular package size of snack items instead of individual pre-packaged snack sizes.
3. Instead of purchasing water or juice boxes (by the case) that will just get thrown away, pack that drink in a reusable bottle. The use of just one re-useable bottle can save so much waste!
4. Stop purchasing paper napkins and disposable utensils and invest in cloth napkins and reusable forks/spoons. You could also pick up silverware cheap at yard sales or use old odd and end pieces. Etsy offers a great selection of handmade cloth napkins in patterns that kids will love. Support small American business!
For more Eco-friendly living tips, don't miss the following USA Love List articles
- Six Tips for Planning an Eco-Friendly Wedding
- Five Eco-Friendly Spring Cleaning Tips
- Eco-Friendly BBQ Ideas: Green Your Summer Cookout With American Made Products
- 5 Ways to Save Water at Home With American Made Products
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Tips to Reduce Waste With American Made Products
- A Radical Made in USA Idea: Don't Buy Stuff!