Labor Day is one of those holidays where the meaning has been lost over the years. It is the traditional end of summer and a day for backyard barbecues with friends and family. But is was originally created as a day to honor the American worker. That's something we try to do every day at USA Love List when we celebrate the very best of what's made in the USA. Here are seven more ways to celebrate Labor Day now and into autumn.
7 Ways to Celebrate Labor Day Mindfully
- Plan a fall day trip to a farm or a factory tour.
- Look ahead to the gifts you need to buy and seek out American-made.
- Bake a batch of cookies and drop them at your local police or fire station.
- Explain to a child why we celebrate Labor Day.
- Buy your pet some treats made in the USA.
- Go to the mall or through your own home on a “Made in USA” label-reading mission
- And of course, have a BBQ and RELAX!!
SUPPORT AMERICAN MADE. THESE POSTS HAVE TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU DO JUST THAT.
What Does the Made in the USA Label Mean? Your Questions Answered.
Trying to Buy American? 3 Rules to Follow EVERY time you go Shopping
Ask your favorite stores to help you Buy American
Let’s buy American made gifts. We’ve got all the good ideas.
How to Avoid Tariffs: Buy American! Start Here