Kids’ Clothing Made in the USA: The Ultimate Source List

Clothing for kids made in USA

I’m here to tell you… finding kids’ clothes made in the USA is possible! Believe it or not, there ARE a lot of companies out there that manufacture children’s clothing in America. Here is a list to prove it!

This list is constantly being added to, so check back often! If we missed a source you love, add it to the comments so we can include it with our next update.

Also, don’t miss our Ultimate Source List for American made Toys for Babies, Toddlers, and Kids.

Made in USA Organic Kids’ Clothing: Two Crows for Joy

Two Crows for Joy is the website to visit if you are on the hunt for American made organic clothing for baby (0-24m), boys (2t-8), and girls (2t-8). Adooka Organics, Two Crows for Joy’s own clothing line, is manufactured in a small factory in Philadelphia, PA. Two Crows for Joy also sells made in the USA baby shower gifts, cloth diapers and organic mattresses and bedding.

Organic clothing for kids | Two Crows for Joy | Made in USA

Organic baby clothes | Two Crows for Joy | Made in USA

American Made Kids’ Clothing Online Retailer: American Adorn

American Adorn is an online retailer of designer kids’ clothing ALL made in the USA. In fact, several of the brands you’ll spot on this list are available at American Adorn! American Adorn sells comfortable and trendy clothing for boys and girls in sizes 0-6x. Organic styles and brands are available as well.

Cavelle Kids | American made clothing for kids | Available at American Adorn | Promo code USALOVE for 25% off ends 1/31/16 http://bit.ly/1NEO0Ps
hoonana made in USA clothing for kids | Save 25% with promo code USALOVE | Ends 1/31/16 http://bit.ly/1NEO0Ps

Made in USA Special Occasion Dresses: Max & Dora

If you are on the hunt for a special dress for a girl sizes 2-12, Max & Dora is the place to start. The brand is about understanding the beauty of simple, classic style with a touch of whimsy. Since Max & Dora sells from manufacturer to consumer, prices are kept low and quality high. Max & Dora offers a large selection of dresses, fancy skirts, tops, cardigans…and more, all made in America. Max & Dora makes its collection in Florida.

Special Occasion Dresses for Girls | American Made | Max & Dora

Kids’ Clothing Made in the USA: The Ultimate Source List

• American Adorn is an online retailer of American made clothing for boys and girls sizes 0-6x. Organic styles available.
  • American Apparel manufactures ALL of their clothing in the USA. They carry clothing (even organic options!) for everyone in the family from babies to adults.
  • Art & Soul boutique clothing for girls is available in sizes 12m- 12.
  • Aviator Nation hoodies, sweatpants, and tops are made in sizes 2-14.
  • Axl Brand organic clothing for infants is made in San Francisco.
  • The Bailey Boys classic clothing for boys + girls in sizes 0-10 is only available in stores or by catalog.
  • barley & birch onesies and toddler Ts are organic and made with water based inks.
  • Birdwell Beach Britches board shorts for boys are made in California.
  • Books to Bed 2 piece pajamas are made in the USA and feature popular children’s book characters and run in sizes 12M- kid’s size 10.
  •  fleece jackets and snow suits for baby and toddler are made in Vermont.
  • Brian the Pekingese cotton pajamas for kids are available in sizes 18 months to 10 years. These PJs last forever and are my daughter’s favorite!
  • Buddy’s Jeans American made blue jeans are available in kid sizes 11-15.
  • Castleware Baby   non-toxic baby to toddler size clothing made in California
  • Cavelle Kids designer clothing for baby and kids available in boys and girls sizes 0-6x.
  • Chasing Fireflies is an online retailer of children’s clothing. Not all clothing is American made, but just enter ‘Made in USA’ in the search and then choose the size that you are in need of- from baby to size 16.
  • City Threads  clothing for boys and girls sizes 0-12 is American made. Underwear, PJs, pants, tops…City Threads has it!
  • Coastal Dog Apparel anti chafe swimwear is available in boy’s sizes.
  • Colette kids is a maker of onesies + toddler tees. Some organic styles are available.
  • CWD Kids has a “Made in USA” tab at the top of their site for shoppers who are looking specifically for made in America kids clothing- Gotta LOVE this!!  They are a retailer of boys and girls clothing sizes 2t-14/16.
  • Earth Creations makes and sells unisex organic cotton Ts up to youth size 10. Their T-shirts are dyed with natural clay dyes.
  • Esme sleepwear for girls is available in sizes 2T-14. Esme clothing runs small, so order 2 sizes up from what your kiddo normally wears.
  • Feather 4 Arrow T shirts for boys + girls in sizes 6/12m-12 are made in California.
  • Flap Happy  manufactures UPF 50+ hats (sizes 0-3t), and swim wear for boys and girls in sizes 6m to 10.
  • Garden Kids makes all of their children’s clothes in the US. They carry boys and girls organic clothes sizes 6-12, as well as smaller sizes.
  • GrUVy Wear manufactures UV protected swimwear for boys and girls sizes 3-14.
  • Hank Player USA manufactures edgy, cool, retro tees for kids and babies are all made in the USA.
  • Hoonana is a manufacturer of boys clothing 0-6, located in LA.
  • King of Harts is Melissa Joan Harts clothing line for boys, size 2t-12.
  • LA Made  made in USA girls clothing is available insizes 7-14, baby girls clothing comes in sizes 3/6m-24 months.
  • Laura Dare made in the USA kid’s pajamas, night gowns, and robes are available in sizes 9M- kid’s 14.
  • Max & Dora tops, bottoms, + dresses for girls sizes toddler to 12, are all made in the USA.
  • Mouthman unisex long sleeve hoodie T’s are fun and eco-friendly. They are made eco-fabric that’s created from recycled bottles.
  • NoNetz bathing suits and rash guards for boys are specially designed to be anti-chaffing.
  • Nordstrom + Nordstrom Rack both carry a huge selection of made in the USA brands. In store and online, from babies to teens and in between you are sure to find something for your kiddo!
  • Orangeheat T shirts and onesies, available in sizes 0-8, are made in Venice, CA.
  • Paigelauren luxury baby clothing comes in sizes 0-4t.
  • Ses Petites Mains chic clothing for girls, tweens, and women too, made in San Francisco.
  • Shirts That Go are graphic Ts printed in the USA on American Apparel T shirts that feature planes, trains, construction vehicles, space ships- it has a motor and moves, it’s on one of these T-shirts!
  • So Nikki is a fashionable clothing line for tween + teen girls.
  • Thingamajiggies 4 Kids made in the USA kid’s pajamas run in sizes 2T-kid’s size 12.
  • Tidepools Swimwear UV protected swimwear is available in boys and girls sizes 2-14.
  • Two Crows for Joy is an online retailer of made in USA clothing for boys, girls, and baby, sizes 0-8. Almost all of the clothing available is organic.
  • TJ’s PJ’s collegiate sleepwear for boys and girls are available in sizes baby– kid’s 14.
  • Tuff Kookooshka hats and coats for boys and girls sizes 3/6 months to 6, are manufactured in Massachusetts.
  • Twirly Girl American made dresses and skirts are perfect for, well, twirling. And they are reversible too!
  • Winter Water Factory certified organic clothing is available in baby, toddler and kids sizes up to 8.

For more specific kids’ clothing lists, check out the following USA Love List articles:

American Made Swimwear + Swim Accessories for Children of All Ages

Summer Clothing for Kids: Made in the USA from Head to Toe

Four Sources for Made in the USA School Uniforms

Clothing Gifts for Kids, Made in the USA

Made in the USA Kids’ Pajamas: A USA Love List Source Guide

Children's clothing Made in USA

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.

Follow USA Love List’s board Stuff We Love Lists: Made in USA on Pinterest.

About The Author

Post by Tracey Hanson

Tracey Hanson is the USA Love List Green/Family Living Editor. Follow her on Twitter and Pinterest

Comments

1. Thanks for the great suggestions. It's really, really sad that we have to search so hard for things that are actually made in this country!
    My recent post Which Pantone color trends will you be wearing this Fall?

2. Michelle F. says:

What a great list thanks!

3. Lisa in NH says:

I love Earth Creations t-shirts…very comfy! The sizing is a bit off on their pants, so be careful on that.

I'm still trying to find a girls raincoat Made in USA…no luck yet…hello US manufacturers? There's a gap that needs filling!

4. Hi, it's depressingly difficult to find affordable, simple clothes for kids that are made in the USA. I went to American Apparel and they kept showing cardigans to me. For kids. Ugh. I just want some well made t-shirt, and pants, maybe a few coats. Anyway, thanks for your links! They were informative, and exactly what I was looking for.

5. Jennifer D. says:

I found a great brand of girls clothing made in the USA called Lavender Alley. Unfortunately I bought a shirt used and am unable to find anywhere that sells this brand!

• Hi Jennifer! Of course I can’t resist the search for a made in the USA item, so I did a little poking around. It seems that Lavender Alley brand was sold at Nordstrom. I am unsure if they still carry the brand in store, but they don’t have it online. I did see a lot of pieces available on Ebay and in online consignment boutique clothing shops. I also saw that Nordstrom now carries a brand of girls clothing called Mignone that is made in the USA. Hope that helps you some!

6. Thanks so much for this great and up-to-date list. I’ve been ordering clothing for my kids and now grandkids for years from a manufacturer that recently changed from Made in U.S. to Made in China—so this site is just what I’ve been looking for!

7. So nikki is a girls clothing line based out of ny that still makes 99% of there clothes in the usa.

8. NIKKI MCDANIEL says:

Chasing Fireflies carries a lot of made in the USA clothing!

9. michelle e says:

I have found a few items from Mignone and Lavender Alley at Nordstroms Last Chance stores..they are extremely well made-some of my favorite baby clothes I have purchased!

10. Another fabulous clothing site (they sell newborn – Adult) is Splendid. They are sold online or Nordstrom carries their line. They also have some free standing shops.

• Tracey Hanson says:

Most of the Splendid for kids clothing that I have found on line has been made in China or somewhere else over seas 🙁

11. Thanks for the tips- I did not know about Hank Player, and just ordered some tees for my son and hubby! We love American Apparel and Splendid, but I recently scoured the Internet and found some other great American made brands (and I have ordered from all!) Mini and Maximus is out of California and make pretty fantastic children’s clothes. Unique, soft and fun. Lettuce turnip the beet is a brand out of manhattan, they make adorable tees. Our all time favorite though- Aviator Nation. Pricey, but super fantastic tees, shorts and sweatshirts. My teenage daughter and husband both love their sweatshirts- amazingly cozy and feel like they’ve been worn and loved forever. I have also found that Bebe makes about half of their stuff in the USA, and at a pretty fair price point. Again, I appreciate your suggestions. Happy school shopping, but in the meantime have an outstanding summer!

12. Tina Hughes says:

This is wonderful , thanks for sharing 🙂 I have been working on a project for making a clothes line Made in the USA and trying to build a brand from it check out my link 🙂 https://www.fundable.com/tina-marie

13. Unfortunately by buying from a company that makes only some of their goods in the US you are still supporting a company that has shipped part of their operation elsewhere. I’m almost positive that the sku on the made in America hanes package is no different than the made elsewhere one. You are still potentially supporting human rights and environmental abuses. Depending on your values and reasons for choosing american made products, it’s best to look for brands committed completly to American manufacturing.

14. Tim Terrillion says:

I’ve been searching all over the web for toddler suits for my grandson that are made in the USA, but can’t find any. could you or anyone help.

15. twocrowsforjoy another small scale usa made organic company for littles up to 6 or so.

16. Betty Southerland says:

I went to RUUM after a Google search for “American made kids clothing” showed me a paid search result. I also check out this article. However, RUUM American Kids clothing is NOT made in America. I bought several items and ALL of them had Made in China labels on them. I called RUUM and they assured me that their stuff used to be made overseas when they were “part of American Eagle” but all the new stuff (not clearance) was made in America. I posted on their Facebook about it weeks ago and finally got a response today. They admitted that their clothing is made overseas and that “American” is just part of their name. I can’t stand it when a company purposely misleads consumers. Shame on RUUM.

17. Sespetitesmains.com is an online store that has lovely girl dresses and girl clothing designed by a San Francisco Mom and made in the USA.
    I think it is important to support small scale local products because as the more we buy from sweatshops around the world and not locally, the more price difference there will be in between them and the more likely that only mass produced items will exist in the future

18. Raindrops is all made in the USA and has been for over 70 years. Please, go to http://www.RaindropsBaby.com and check out all of our baby gift sets, bibs, blankets, body suits, and more. Everything is cut, sewn, embroidered and screen printed all domestically in Downers Grove, IL.
    Thank you!

19. What a great list!
    Latest Post: Crisscross shoes for fall 2015? Yes, please!My Profile

20. Thanks so very much for sharing Kids’ Clothes Made in the USA: The Ultimate Source List! WOW! That’s a very long list! I recognized several names in the list! I think it’s terrific that all of these places have made in the USA clothes! I’m always looking for clothes (when we can afford it) for the kids and my daughter loves Delias for her clothes! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful list with all of us! I truly do appreciate it! Thanks again oh so much! Michele 🙂
    Latest Post: Kids’ Clothes Made in the USA: The Ultimate Source ListMy Profile

21. I’d like to thank everyone who posted in this thread. In 1995, 50% of all clothing sold in this country was Made in America. Today, it’s less than 2%. TwirlyGirl proudly manufactures in Los Angeles, CA. It’s great for the local economy, and it allows us to keep a close eye on quality… something we could never do if we outsourced overseas. And I haven’t even addressed the human rights issues. Generally, foreign workers get paid so little, they have to crank out high volumes of garments. Naturally, for them quantity is more important than quality. We believe the opposite should be true. Thank you for appreciating what we’re doing. 🙂
    Latest Post: Aster talks TaTa, Krump, and Girls Rainbow DressesMy Profile

22. I am having a baby in November and I love that I know have this list. It is hard to know what companies to buy clothing from. I will be using this as a shopping guide for years to come. Love USA made!

23. I have 3 children and I can honestly say that you don’t see made in America on the tag often, if ever at all. It’s nice to see that they are out there! Very cute clothes, too!

24. Saving to Pinterest! As a mother of 4 young ones, I am always on the hunt for American made children’s clothing! These sites will help me out for many years to come!

25. For USA -made fleece snowsuits, buntings, hats, jackets, ect. for babies and kids, http://www.boysenberryvt.com/
    There’s stuff for adults, too. I’ve ordered stuff several times and have been VERY pleased with it. I’ll be ordering my daughter’s snowsuit from them every year. The owner has been super nice and very easy to work with, even when I needed to do an exchange (wrong size on my part).

26. Marisela C. says:

Thank you so much for making it so much easier in finding USA affordable clothing . It is sometimes overwhelming on trying to find USA products for kids.

27. Marisela C. says:

Thank you for the list of companies that make kids clothing that can fit any budget !

28. This is a great list! And I’m only familiar with a couple of these – it will be fun exploring and finding nice things made in the USA.

29. Please not, the tomandjerry.com on line retailer is now Lauradaresleepwear.com

Please update your site info..thanks

30. http://castleware.com/
    NB to Toddler size 6. All organic! Pants, shirts, hats, slippers, footed pjs, pjs, and sleepsacks.

Something to Say?

Include my latest blog post.

Home