American made fashion can be difficult to find. Dresses made in the USA can be one of the hardest categories too. We've compiled this list of American made dresses with styles from casual to cocktail to formal dresses so you can find dresses you love best.
American Made Dresses: Casual, Cocktail & Evening, Workwear, Plus Size Dresses
American Made Dresses – Casual Dresses
- Amma's Umma online boutique offering ethical fashion that is made in the USA. We love their range of casual dresses for women, you'll surely find something you love. The selection of American made dresses are so well priced with many of them under $50. NOTE: Not all dresses are American made but the Made in USA items are clearly marked.
15% off Amma Umma with discount code USALOVE. No expiration, limit one per customer.
- Amour Vert makes sustainable American made dresses in the California Bay Area. We particularly love Amour Vert's collection because they transition well from season to season, year to year. The Neeta Dress (shown below) is a 3/4 sleeved ribbed modal and spandex that comes in black and navy. It's the perfect transition dress to take you from desk to drinks. Pair it with a blazer for the boardroom or a motorcycle jacket around town. You can read our full review of the brand in our spotlight.
- Amma's Umma is an online boutique offering ethical fashion, including dresses. NOTE: Not all dresses are made in the USA, but those that are clearly marked. 15% off Amma Umma with discount code USALOVE. No expiration, limit one per customer.
- Bailey 44 offers cool, classic styles made with soft luxurious fabrics for the modern woman. I've always loved this collection for its stylish and timeless pieces and was happy to learn that they make American made dresses in Los Angeles, California. NOTE: Not all dresses are made in the USA, but those that are clearly marked.
- Eva Franco‘s dresses embody wearable high style to elevate every day with distinctive fabrics and designs that manage to be both classic and cutting edge all at once. Designed and made in Los Angeles.
- Flynn Skye whimsical, bohemian collection includes dresses designed in Venice and made in Los Angeles, California.
- Hard Tail Forever makes short and maxi dress in Los Angeles, California. These whimsical styles easily dress up or down.
- JudyP made in USA women's dresses are great for business and casual alike. JudyP fabric is USA made and has a built-in UPF of 50+. The fabric is thicker, so it lays well to highlight your best features. I personally love the V-Neck 3/4 Sleeve Dresses because it's perfect to wear for all season and can be dressed up with a blazer and boots or dresses down with a simple statement necklace.
- Karen Kane almost all of this namesake clothing line is cut and sewn by hand in Los Angeles since Lonnie and Karen Kane started the company back in 1979. Dresses come in regular and plus sizes. Military gets a 20% discount too; see details here. NOTE: Not all dresses are made in the USA, but those that are clearly marked.
- Lazy Caturday dresses are affordable and American made.
- Mahi Gold nautically inspired signature prints made to fit and flatter. These effortless and comfortable dresses take you from the sand to the street.
- Michael Stars produces 75% of its garments in Los Angeles, California. They are cut and sewn in LA at the company's headquarters.
- Three Dots offers casual women's dresses, with 95% of their collection is made in California. Three Dots is synonymous with classic and feminine contemporary women's wear, reminiscent of the easy Southern California lifestyle. We love this collection season after season. Editor's style tip: Take the Eco Knit Long Sleeve Shirred Dress from desk to drinks with American made boots and an American made moto jacket.
- Nordstrom carries a wide range of casual dresses made in the USA. Use our exclusive link to see their current lineup.
American Made Dresses – Cocktail & Evening Dresses, Gowns
Light up a room with these American made dresses from Betsy & Adam. The company has been in business since 1982 and also offers American made dresses from its sister companies, Xscape Evenings and Blondie Nites. They have been dedicated to offering the best fitting, and best quality garments that you can find. One of the company’s major goals is to produce and to continue to produce the majority of its dresses in the USA. They are extremely proud to display the “Made in USA” tag. Look for it when you're shopping from American made dresses at your favorite department store!
- Betsy & Adam offers evening dresses and gowns, cocktail dresses. The collection offers simple, classic elegance perfect for weddings, prom, or special occasions.
- Black Halo designs and manufactures many of its iconic dresses in Los Angeles, California. The line was founded by Laurel Berman who was inspired by Jackie O. Laurel's favorite go-to looks was a high-waist pencil skirt and a silk camisole and her signature Jackie O Dress is fashioned with that style in mind.
- Blondie Nites makes short and long dresses ideal for prom. If you're looking for American made prom dresses, Blondie Nites is the best source.
- Camilyn Beth offers modern and classic silhouettes. We love her collection for its superior fabric, excellent craftsmanship and eye-catching designs. I cannot tell you how many people complimented me while wearing the ‘Fina‘ dress at the last wedding I attended! The classy styles are great made in USA dress options for special occasions or wedding. There are ready to wear options and custom American made formal gowns too. The namesake designer has designs her collection in Sarasota, Florida and has them manufactured in New York City since 2014.
- Dress the Population was founded by designer Franklin Morales in 2011 and many of its dresses are made in the USA.
- Eva Varro offers designer quality and looks at a non-so-designer price, and above all, her collection is made with love and passion in the USA. All the pieces from her namesake collection are made with excellent fabric that fits and flatters. Discount code USALOVE saves you 20% off at Eva Varro.
- Xscape Evenings designs and manufactures glamours prom and evening dresses and gowns in New York City. The collection is both modern and stylish with an exceptional fit.
- Nordstrom carries a fantastic collection of formal, semi-formal, and cocktail dresses made in the USA. Use our exclusive link to see their current lineup.
American Made Dresses – Workwear Dresses
- Eva Varro offers designer high-quality, designer collection, made with love and passion in the USA. All the pieces from her namesake collection are made with excellent fabric that fits and flatters. Code USALOVE saves you 20% off at Eva Varro.
- Karen Kane makes about 85% of its garments in the USA, outside of Los Angeles. and they are clearly marked next to each product on the site. The Cascade Wrap Dress is a go-to workwear classic. Military gets a 20% discount too; see details here.
- KOKOON was started by designer, Laine Sou Weinberg, 30 years ago in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Her feminine silhouettes are exclusively produced in small batches, proudly, and ethically in the USA.
- Leota makes perfect dresses, made in the USA in New York City. Always flattering, never wrinkles. NOTE: Not all dresses are made in the USA, but those that are clearly marked. 20% off Leota with discount code USALOVE through May 31, 2019. (One use only and cannot be combined with other discounts.)
- Rachel Pally offers timeless classics with modern fabrication. Her namesake collection has been dedicated to local manufacturing since the brand's beginning in 2002. Her fabric is milled in Los Angeles, right down the street from where the garments are cut, sewn, and finished. 15% off full-priced merchandise with code USALOVE. Cannot be combined with other discount codes.
- Nordstrom carries a wide range of business or work dresses made in the USA. Use our exclusive link to see their current lineup.
American Made Dresses – Plus Size Dresses
- Betsy & Adam also offers its evening dresses and gowns and cocktail dresses in plus sized.
- Eva Varro also offers select American made styles in plus size. Her entire collection is made in Los Angeles, California. 20% with code USALOVE at Eva Varro through October 31, 2020.
- Karen Kane almost all of this namesake clothing line is cut and sewn by hand in Los Angeles since Lonnie and Karen Kane started the company back in 1979. Dresses come in regular and plus sizes. Military gets a 20% discount too; see details here.
- Leota makes perfect dresses, made in the USA. Always flattering, never wrinkles. Code USALOVE gets you 20% off your Leota order (one use only and cannot be combined with other discounts.)
- Xscape Evenings also offers its evening dresses and gowns and cocktail dresses in plus sized. The styles are fitting and flattering, making Xscape Evenings a great option for plus-sized dresses and gowns.
Love this List?
You'll find even more sources for American Made Dresses in our Guide to Preppy Style made in the USA.
Disclosure: This post is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.