Don't Compromise on Quality for your Pets
This is one area where you can find everything you need for your fur friends, made by companies you can trust, made in the USA. If you can't find something you need for your pet: food, treats, beds, toys, ask us and we will point you to pet products you can trust.
Stay Away from Chicken Jerky Dog Treats Made in China
Chicken Jerky made in China is the treat most often cited as the cause of pet deaths and illness. This issue came up years ago and was one of the inspirations behind the launch of USA Love List. Two years later, thousands more beloved pets have been sickened or killed and the FDA still does not know the cause, but they have issued a new warning against treats from China. Chinese made jerky treats are easy to find and are often even packaged in western-themed bags making them seem wholesome, even all American, but they are not.
Sources for Dog Treats Made in the USA
There are many great sources for American made treats. If you want to recommend one that is not listed here, please feel free to add it in the comments and we will continue updating this post. Dog treats can be stored so it is easy enough to order online from sources you trust. When shopping in your local stores, PLEASE check those labels.
American Made Chicken Jerky
- TriPom Chews sells jerky made in Maine. Autumn, the owner of TriPom Chews, started making chicken jerky for her 3 Pomeranians six years ago after learning chicken jerky from China was dangerous. Her labor of love turned into a successful cottage business. TriPom ‘Chicky Strips' are a single ingredient chicken jerky handmade from slices of whole, human-grade chicken breast–no additives or preservatives. They are sold only online, and each order ships with chicken jerky made that day!
- Earth Animal makes chicken cutlet jerky and other treats from meat and fruit in Pennsylvania.
- Kona's Chips chicken jerky was created after Kona, a black pomeranian became severely ill after eating chicken jerky from China. They also make sweet potato bones, peanut butter cookies, and treats for cats too.
Made in USA Dog Bones and Other Chew Treats
- Prairie Dog Antlers are top quality naturally shred deer, elk, and moose antler chews.
- Wholesome Hide makes rawhide bones and treats in the USA from American Beef.
- Boots & Barkley American Rawhide from Target. Rawhide treats are inexpensive and if you like to give them to your pet, you may have noticed that they are surprisingly hard to find made in the USA. Next time you are at Target look for the ones clearly marked Made in USA.
- Greenies are green, toothbrush shaped consumable dog chews made with chlorophyll, green tea, and other herbal ingredients designed to address the dreaded dog breath. They are made in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Moozle Beef Snout Chews are just one example of the many chewable treat varieties made in the USA from Merrick.
American made Dog Biscuits and Other Treats
- Cloud Star is a source for natural treats with an ingredient list so readable that you won't be afraid to take a nibble for yourself.
- Zuke's makes a full line of cat treats, dog treats, jerky, and consumable bones. They make wheat free, corn free and soy free hypoallergenic treats, a good source for dogs with allergies, but we can attest that they will be popular with any pet.
- Licks N'Love is a source for “deliciously healthy dog treats” in flavors like Cheesy Pup Fries and Peanut Butter Oat. They smelled so good that I tasted them myself. No kidding. Baked in New York's Hudson Valley.
Easy Sources for Made in USA Pet Products
- Cherrybrook Premium Pet Products is a site that does not sell American-made exclusively, but their products are well-marked and they have a special section for Made in USA sources. This is a good guide to check for American Made dog treats, Made in USA Chicken Jerky, USA Rawhide, all natural treats, wheat free dog cookies, grain free treats, hypoallergenic dog treats, freeze dried liver, and more.
- Dog.com has a Made in USA section making it easy for you to avoid foreign made pet products.
Again, this is just a sampling of the many, many high quality American made pet treats and products that are available to in your local stores or to order online. This is one category where you never need to compromise on buying American. Check the related links below and stick with USA Love List for ongoing information about American made pet products you can trust. If your company makes treats in the USA that are safe for pets, or if you buy a brand that you can recommend, leave a note in the comments or contact us directly.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.