Honestly, I thought it was going to be a struggle to find enough made in USA sunglasses to create a source list. However, to my surprise, there are numerous options for American made sunglasses and eyeglasses!
Our list of sunglasses made in the USA includes many brands that you will recognize because they are known world-wide for making the best sunglasses. You will also discover high quality sunglass brands and eyewear brands that you have never heard of.
Wearing a pair of quality sunglasses or eyeglasses can make a difference in how we look, how we feel, and of course, how we see. The best quality sunglasses and eyeglasses will cost more, but with the proper care, they will last longer too. Actually, the made in USA sunglasses brands on this list cost no more than their foreign made competitors.
Most of the brands you see on this list manufacture their fames in the USA, but the lenses might be made overseas. At USA Love List we support every effort a company makes to keep jobs on American soil, and we encourage our readers to do so as well.
Made In USA Sunglasses & Eyeglasses: The Ultimate Source List
This list contains the best sunglasses brands and eyeglasses brands made in the USA that would could find. Did we miss your favorite brand? Let us know in the comments below.
- American Optical (AO) is the oldest optical company in American history. They have been manufacturing eyewear since 1833. AO Eyewear sunglasses are vintage and timeless fashion pieces and are available in many styles. The Original Pilot aviator sunglasses have been a favorite of US military pilots since 1958. The Saratoga frames are available in black, clear and tortoise. There are other frame styles to choose from as well. Note: The frames are American made and the lenses are imported. Visit the AO Eyewear Amazon shop.
- Arc-Iris wood framed sunglasses are designed and made in the USA. Note: The frames are American made, but the lenses are imported.
- Charlie V. wrap around sport sunglasses and wood frame sunglasses are designed and made in the USA. You can even order prescription lenses for your Charlie V. frames.
- Fatheadz makes select styles of their sunglasses in the USA. They specialize in oversized eyewear and sunglasses for wide heads. Shop Fatheadz polarized sunglasses at Amazon.
- FramesDirect.com, an online retailer of eyeglasses and sunglasses, offers a selection of made in USA eyewear, including Randolph Engineering Aviator and Shuron sunglasses.
- Gatorz is known for their popular wrap around made in USA sunglasses. They are handcrafted in Yuma, Arizona from American metal. Prescription lenses are available. Shop the Gatorz Amazon store.
- Lowercase sunglasses and optical frames are handcrafted in New York City.
- Parkman handcrafted sunglasses are American made. They offer several styles of frames including wood frames and frames made from plant-based plastic.
- Randolph Engineering sunglasses are handcrafted in 200+ steps in Massachusetts, USA. The company started in 1972 and in the late 1970’s Randolph Engineering started manufacturing Mil-Spec Aviator sunglasses for the United States Air Force as a subcontractor producing in excess of 200,000 sunglasses annually. Shop Randolph Engineering on Amazon.
- Shwood sunglasses for men and women are made in Portland, Oregon from materials sourced from around the world. Shop Shwood sunglasses at Amazon.
- Shuron has been producing glasses in the US since 1865 and sell the same sunglasses frames that were supplied to the US Army and US Air Force during WWII. It doesn’t get more patriotic than that. Their Ronsir frame style is the frame that defined the 1950s. Shuron glasses are custom made to order.
- Spectaculars designer eyeglasses and sunglasses are handcrafted in the USA. You will find the fashionable iconic eyeglass style from every decade in their collection.
- State Optical Co. luxury eyewear is handcrafted in Chicago, Illinois.
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
SUPPORT AMERICAN MADE. THESE POSTS HAVE TIPS THAT WILL HELP YOU DO JUST THAT.
What Does the Made in the USA Label Mean? Your Questions Answered.
Trying to Buy American? 3 Rules to Follow EVERY time you go Shopping
Ask your favorite stores to help you Buy American
Let’s buy American made gifts. We’ve got all the good ideas.
How to Avoid Tariffs: Buy American! Start Here
Pin this list to save it for later!
I own a small glasses company that’s main focus is tactical and outdoor eyewear. Our main goal is Made In The USA. I’ve been working for the last two+ years designing and searching for a manufacturer. It has been difficult over the last couple of years. 2020 was a rough time to start a business.
It seems a lot of the “made in the USA” companies have their parts manufactured in China it Taiwan. They complain the assembly in the US allowing them to sell as Made In USA. I do know there is becoming more and more companies who are having frames made here so that is really exciting to see. As for lenses, I still have yet to find a lens manufacturer in the US.
I saw someone ask about children’s eyewear. Eventually my company will expand to children’s eyewear but currently there is no timeline. I’m happy I found this site. I am a huge supporter of American made products and it’s great to see sites like this helping to spread the word for these companies.
Hi Adam, Best of luck with your company. Let us know when you are open and ready for sales!
I went in to a Visionworks store front after not being able to find any information about country of origin on their website or through their customer service center. I only looked at eyeglasses for women, but EVERY single pair of frames I came across was made in China.
COCO LENI an custom eyewear brand located in Gardena, California also makes exquisite bespoke eyewear and also they have buffalo horn eyewear.
COCO LENI frames look to be made in India. Is that true?
Allen Edmonds doesn’t sell eyewear any more (at least, it’s not shown on their website). FramesDirect carries the “Randolph” line, though.
Thanks, I removed them from out list.
Roka glasses are NOT made in America. I ordered some frames with them thinking they were. The frames each say “Designed in USA” on the inside, and then in the least conspicuous place on the frame they say “PRC” for People’s Republic of China. Shame on Roka.
Thanks for letting us know! We took them off of the list.
Topology eyeglasses are made to order in San Francisco, CA.
Thank you! I added Topology to our list.
I did not know VisionWorks was a USA company. They are great! Thanks for a very useful list.
Roka is another company to add to your list. They’re made in Austin, TX.
Thanks for the tip. I added Roka to our list.
Are there any options for children’s sunglasses made in USA? I’m searching the Internet but haven’t found any yet.
I will be on the look out. I haven’t noticed any yet.
I had no idea there were this many sunglasses manufacturers in the U.S. I definitely like some of the ones shown here.
I was recently told that Costa sunglasses are made in the United States. Are they?
Made in China and owned by a the same eyewear company that owns every major brand based in Italy.
Why isn’t ArtCraft Optical on this list? They were the original metal frame manufacturer in the United States. They started in 1918 making all american metal frames for WW1 and have never stopped making frames for all branches of the US Military. They even invented the cool retro Clubman sunglass that everyone tries to copy. – Mike
I just recently had to start wearing glasses and so glad there’s so many options for places to buy them. Some are even local to me!
can you make a prototype clear lens pair that had a small sleeve to insert a small lazes light
May I also suggest Saint Rita Parlor? They make truly outstanding eyeglass/sunglass frames, and they do so in the United States.
I have bought from Visionwork and highly recommend them. They are reasonably priced and being USA made it is a huge plus. They have a nice variety too.
My son swears by Oakley sunglasses!
Oakley sunglasses are not made in USA necessarily anymore. When I looked it up it says in 2007 when luxottica bought them out, that they started to be manufactured in places all around the world. That tells me it’s China. It did not specifically say China, but because it wasn’t specific, it was a tell tale sign that China is definitely where they are produced. I will not spend $200 on a pair of sunglasses that were outsourced to China and made for pennies on the dollar.
Oakley are 100% China.
They used to be made in the US. Much higher quality than the glasses we get now from China. Also, warranty has become a joke, and no replacement parts. Oakley is gas station grade trash. Buy American and enjoy quality.
USA is China friends, they import a lot of China item, some of them cheat that made in USA but America say nothing about this, China make a lot of money by copy brand, in my country Rayban sunglasses sell only 2$,
These sunglasses look awesome.
Lowercase Glasses are made in NYC!
I have a sunglass brand called NarlyDude™ Sunglasses, I’ve been looking for a more local manufacturer. would you have any information on possible sunglass manufacturer that are based in the USA and are of good quality or higher to share?
Your response will be very appreciated and anxiously waited.
I like to research American Made for every purchase. China has gotten enough of our manufacturing, jobs, and are currentky buying American companies. This is criminal in my mind, and I’ll have nothing to do with it.
Europe is addicted to Russian oil. We are addicted to Chinese consumer goods. Time to decouple.
My Husband needs new sunglasses, thank you for posting this list.