Over processed skin can be a factor to an unbalanced and blemish prone complexion. Getting back to the basics can be the answer. I have a natural skin care routine for oily skin that can balance oily skin and restore a clear, radiant glow to your face.
Oily Skin Traits
A person with oily skin usually has thicker skin, plus a layer of oil soon after cleansing. Many times, oily skin is also dehydrated. All though the oil is a protective barrier, it is not receiving hydration that can be absorbed.
Dehydrated and oily skin can be break-out prone. The lack of moisture creates unbalanced skin which slows down cell turn over and the healing process. The extra oil mixed with the sluggish skin traps dirt and bacteria in the pores creating breakouts.
Natural Skin Care Routine for Oily Skin
- Cleanse your skin twice daily, morning and night. Use a cleanser that is non-drying such as an oil cleanser. An oil cleanser will pull the impurities from your pores and cut through and wash away the surface oil produced by your skin. Choose a natural cleanser with known anti-bacterial ingredients like tea tree and lavender. Don't miss our list of made in USA non toxic facial cleansers.
- Tone to protect your skin after cleansing. This step helps draw in your hydration and using toner designed for oily skin will have astringent properties that leave an anti-bacteria layer of protection on your freshly cleansed skin. This will help control oil production during the day.
- Hydrate to maintain balance. Applying a small amount of facial oil will nourish and hydrate your skin. When this happens the over production of oil slows down. Natural essential oils should be in your product that work to keep skin clear. This hydration will double as a makeup primer and restore the glow to your skin. Don't miss our suggestions for American made non- toxic facial oils you can trust.
- Exfoliate 2 times a week. Shedding old skin cells is critical to keep skin balanced. Exfoliating allows moisture to the reach the healthy new skin cells. It will also speed up the healing process of blemishes by stimulating the cell turnover.
- Use a detoxifying mask at least once a week. A clay based mask purges all the impurities and helps to control oil. Using a mask will help soothe a blemish of inflammation and redness. Blemishes will disappear faster after an application. Clay masks also tone and clarify for a brighter and tighter complexion. Don't miss our top picks for American made clay masks.
- Neutralize oil throughout activity with toner. When oil production is heightened and you are exposed to environmental factors the opportunity for blemishes is at its peak. Ward off them off by spritzing toner to kill bacteria and slow the oil down. If you plan to wipe your face off using toner is especially helpful. Spritz it on, pat skin with a clean tissue and it absorbs the oils leaving behind the layer of protection.
Preservatives, synthetic materials and fillers are often triggers to breakouts and unbalanced skin. Switching to a natural beauty routine often works miracles on skin.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.