Are you looking for candy made in the USA? Whether you prefer your candy sour or sweet, fruity or chocolatey, hard or chewy, you will find an American made candy option that's sure to please in this ultimate source list of nationally available American made candy. I am sure you will recognize many long loved candy brands, all still made in the USA.
Candy Made in the USA: The Ultimate Source List
This list is regularly updated. If your favorite American made candy isn't found below, let us know in the comments!
Don't miss our lists of Best Caramel Candy Made In USA and Our Favorite Hand-Dipped Chocolates by State!
- Albanese gummy candy (gummy worms, gummy bears), sugar-free gummy candy, and chocolate candy is made in Indiana.
- American Licorice Company manufactures licorice treats like Red Vines licorice. GMO-free and Sugar-free options available.
- Anastasia Confections, located in Florida, is known for its coconut and key lime patties.
- Annabelle Candy Company's Annabelle's candy bars includes Abba-Zabba® taffy bars, Rocky Road®, Big Hunk®, U-No®, and Look®, all handmade in Hayward, California.
- Annie B's old fashioned caramels are natural and handmade.
- Asher's Chocolate Co. fine chocolate treats have been made in Pennsylvania since 1892. Kosher chocolate, gluten-free, and sugar-free options available.
- Atkinson's Candy Co. has been making handcrafted peanut butter brittles and caramel hard candy in Texas for over one hundred years. In 2020 they took over the manufacturing of Mary Jane an American classic candy.
- AvenueSweets caramels are hand made in Utah and are available dairy free and vegan.
- Bedre fine chocolates are made in Oklahoma.
- Bequet Confections makes fine caramels in Montana. All varieties are Kosher and Gluten Free Certified.
- Birnn Chocolates manufactures chocolate bars, boxed chocolate, and more in New Jersey.
- Boyer Candy Company manufactures Mallo Cups, peanut butter cups, Jimmie Stix, and Smoothie cups in Altoona, Pennsylvania. In 2020 they took over the manufacturing of the Clark Bar, keeping this 100 year American candy favorite on the shelves.
- Carolina Candy Co. makes handmade toffee and barks in North Carolina.
- Claeys old fashioned hard candy is made in Indiana.
- Dean's Sweets fine chocolates are made in Maine.
- DeMet's Candy Company has been manufacturing Turtles Caramel Nut Clusters in the USA since 1916.
- Dewar's taffy and fine chocolates have been made in California for over 100 years.
- Dinstuhl's has been manufacturing fine candies in the USA since 1902. Now located in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Doscher's Candy Co, located in Ohio, is known for its handmade flavored candy canes and French Chews.
- Dum Dums lollipops are made in Bryan, Ohio by the Spangler company.
- Elmer Chocolate has been making chocolate candies in Louisiana since 1855. Look for Elmer Gold Brick Eggs and Heavenly Hash Eggs at Easter time, and boxed chocolates for Valentine's Day.
- Emily's Chocolates offers unique chocolate and nut creations made in Washington.
- Esther Price fine chocolates are made in Ohio.
- Fannie May manufactures gourmet chocolates, fudge, and candies in the USA.
- Frango Mint Chocolates delectable mint chocolate candies are made in Chicago.
- Gertrude Hawk Chocolates chocolate bars and chocolate treats are made in Pennsylvania.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate fine chocolates are made in California.
- Gimbal's Fine Candies manufactures Gourmet Jelly Beans, Sour Gourmet Jelly Beans, Assorted Cherry, Cinnamon Lovers, and Licorice Scotties in California.
- Glee Gum natural gum is made in the USA. Available in sugar-free options.
- For over 100 years Goetze's Candy Company has been making sweet goodies in Baltimore, Maryland. Goetze's Caramel Creams, Cow Tales, and Mini Cow Tales chewy caramel candies are nut free and come in a variety of flavors such as Strawberry, Vanilla/Original, Licorice, Chocolate, and Caramel Apple.
- Goo Goo Cluster chocolate crunch candy is made in Tennessee.
- Hammond's candy is handmade in Denver, Colorado and includes hard candy, ribbon candy, candy canes, caramels. and chocolates.
- Idaho Candy Co. manufactures candy in Idaho under the Owyhee brand including famous Idaho Spud candy
- J.Emanuel Chocolatier fine chocolates are made in New Jersey.
- Jelly Belly jelly beans are made in Fairfield, California.
- John & Kira's gourmet chocolate candy is made in Pennsylvania.
- Just Born Candy, headquartered in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, manufactures all of its candy in the USA, including brands like Mike & Ike, Hot Tamales, Peeps, and Goldenberg's Peanut Chews.
- Justin's American made peanut butter cups are organic and GMO-free. The dark chocolate cups are vegan.
- Kimmie Candy is made in Reno, Nevada and includes ChocoRocks, and candy-coated sunflower seed.
- McCrea's Candies makes gourmet caramels in Massachusetts.
- Melville Candy handmade lollipops, candy spoons, and more come in a variety of unique styles and flavors. Kosher candy available.
- Morley Candy Company manufactures Sanders Candy fine chocolates and candy in Detroit, Michigan.
- Mouth Party Caramels gourmet caramels are made in Maryland.
- Natural Candy Store is a family owned and operated online candy retailer based in Michigan. Not all of the natural, gluten free and allergy free candy they sell is American made, but they do have a ‘Made in USA' section.
- NECCO Wafers have been made in the USA since 1847. Today, they are made by the Spangler Candy Co.
- Niagra Chocolates chocolate bars and novelty chocolates are made in Buffalo, New York by SweetWorks Confections, LLC
- Original Gourmet Candy manufactures gourmet lollipops, candy, and cookies in New Hampshire.
- Pearson's Candy, headquartered in Minnesota, is known for Bit-O-Honey, Salted Nut Roll, and more.
- PEZ Candy is made in Orange, Connecticut, but the dispensers are not American made.
- Piedmont Candy Company, the maker of Red Bird peppermint puffs and sticks, is located in North Carolina.
- Queen Bee Gardens honey candy is made in Wyoming.
- Rainbow Cotton Candy gourmet cotton candy is made in Arizona.
- Raw Sugar Toffee gourmet toffee is handcrafted in Louisiana.
- R.M Palmer Company has been manufacturing Palmer novelty chocolate candy in the US for over 60 years.
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory manufactures a large variety of chocolate candies in Colorado, including boxed chocolates.
- Russell Stover Candies has been making chocolates in the USA for over 90 years. Offers sugar-free varieties.
- See's Candies manufactures lollipops, chocolates, brittles, and more in California.
- Sconza Chocolates gourmet chocolate candies are made in California.
- Sky Bar candy bars have been made in the USA since 1938. They recently found a new manufacturing home in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
- Smarties sweet and tangy candy is made in the USA in Union, New Jersey. Note: They are also made in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada.
- Surf Sweets gummy candy and jelly beans are organic, nut free, gluten free, dairy free, and GMO-free.
- Sweet Candy Company has been manufacturing candy in the USA for over 120 years. Today in Utah Sweet's manufactures jelly beans, taffy, gum drops, Cinnamon Bears, chocolate treats, and more.
- Taffy Town, made in Utah, gourmet saltwater taffy is available in 75 flavors.
- Tootsie Roll Industries is an American manufacturer of popular candy brands like Andes, Tootsie Pops, Tootsie Rolls, Junior Mints, Charms Blow Pops, DOTS, Sugar Daddy, and Charleston Chew. Most of these candies are made in Chicago, Illinois. Junior Mints are made in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- UNREAL candy-coated milk chocolates are GMO-free and gluten-free.
- Whitman's Sampler chocolates have been made in the USA for over 100 years.
- Wilbur Chocolate has been making chocolate candy in Pennsylvania for over 125 years.
Impact Confections in Janesville, Wisconsin — Warheads Sour Candies, Melster Candies, and more.
Thanks for sharing!
this is the best ,we should know where anything we eat is made.. thank you…
I think I just ruined my diet reading this. Yumm
Wilbur chocolate in Lititz PA, https://www.wilburbuds.com/
Also some local shops if anyone is in the area
Fitzkee’s Candy and Anstine’s
http://www.anstinescandy.com/ both in York PA
Malley’s chocolates in Ohio, they are the best and we order every year for Easter and Christmas now that we didn’t live in Ohio anymore
They will ship to you and trust me you will love them. The pretzel bars are the bomb so are their buckeyes
I buy NECCO wafers when I can, but I see “Made in Mexico” on the label on the latest the ones I got. Weren’t packaged very well. Why are tariffs on imported sugar so high–how about shifting some of them to processed foods? I avoid Oreos and other Mondelez products now. Oreos seem to arrive broken more often now. Nothing against Mexico, but let’s support the home team–at least none of the big manufactures source from China (ugh). And big ups to See’s. Always happy to go to their kiosk.
The Toffee Company in Houston TX has been making the best toffee I’ve ever had for decades. You can find them on Facebook.
Thanks for this yummy list. I like buying candies that are made in the USA because the quality is better.
Mehlenbacher’s Taffy ( mehlenbacherscandies.com) makes Old Fashioned (not salt-water) stick (size and shape of a cigar) taffy in small batches in Paso Robles California and ships anywhere in the US. It is a small (3 employees) woman-owned business.
Thanks for the tip, I added them 🙂
Smarties! Made in the USA with solar power.
Gertrude Hawk candy is made in Dunsmore and Scranton, PA.
Can’t forget about Peeps, they are made in Bethlehem, PA and now have a Halloween line.
So glad to see the Carolina Candy Co. make this list. They make so of the finest Peppermint Bark. It’s a great item to have on hand during the holidays, never know who might gift you out of the blue.
How about Frango Mints. Chicago and Seattle
Annabelle Candy Co. is family-owned and based in Hayward, CA (my hometown!) – They make Abba-Zaba, Look, U-No, Rocky Road, and other candy bars. https://annabellecandy.com/
Also, Rachel Dunn Chocolates is located in Concord, CA. They are widely known for their GIANT candied apples, which weigh 2-3lb each. Their many confections are all crafted in-house. https://racheldunnchocolates.com/
57-years-old, and I honestly have never even thought about candy made or not made in the USA. So this is a first.
American Licorice Company who manufactures red vines in Indiana and California!
Papas Candies is the manufacturer of Opera Cream Eggs and Marshmallow Eggs and is made in Covington, KY and very popular in the Cincinnati, OH Area.
Dewars taffy chews, mints and other confections, Bakersfield, Calif since 1909.
Hershey! The Hershey factory is located in Hershey Pennsylvania and makes Hershey bars with and without almonds, cookies and cream, special dark, rolos, Kit Kat Twizzlers, Reeses, Jolly Ranchers, Kisses and so much more!!!
Heard on radio last week that there was an accident with a loss of millions of kitkats in China. Maybe they have 2 factories.
Happy Valentine’s Day, From Mexico
By CHRIS HAWLEYUSA TODAY
Nothing says Valentine’s Day in America like the chocolates, candy hearts or red jelly beans you’ll be giving your sweetheart this year. (Right?)
Yet these days, the odds are pretty good that the candy comes from Mexico.
From jellied hearts to chocolates, Mexico’s candy exports to the United States have more than doubled since 2002 as cheaper labor and sugar draw U.S. candymakers south of the border.
The latest arrival is Hershey, which is building a 1,500-employee factory in the northern Mexican city of Monterrey to replace plants it closed in the USA and Canada. It’s following the lead of companies ranging from Brach’s Confections, famous for its caramels, to Ferrara Pan Candy, the maker of Red Hots and Jawbusters.
Confectioners say they’re trying to survive in a difficult business climate, but U.S. unions bemoan the loss of candymaking jobs. “All these companies want to make it cheap overseas somewhere, then bring it back and sell it to our people who don’t have any jobs to buy it,” said Dennis Bomberger, business manager of Chocolate Workers Local 464 in Hershey, Pa.
The move to Mexico began several years ago with makers of hard candy, said Bernard Pacyniak, editor of Candy Industry magazine. Many of them cited high U.S. sugar prices, which have been propped up for decades by government subsidies. “It’s multinationals just trying to contain their costs,” Pacyniak said.
Companies with new Mexican operations include:
•Brach’s Confections, which closed its Chicago factory in 2003 and moved to a new factory in Linares, Mexico.
•Bobs Candies of Albany, Ga., a leader in the candy cane business, which moved the last of its production to Reynosa in 2005.
•Sunrise Confections, which opened a plant in Ciudad Ju?rez in 2001 to make candies for U.S. grocery store brands. For Valentine’s Day, it churns out jellied hearts, cinnamon hearts and pink-and-red jelly beans. It has 1,000 Mexican employees and is one of the biggest candymakers on the continent, said Beth Podol, the company’s marketing manager.
In all, the USA has lost more than 10,000 candymaking jobs since 1997 because of lower sugar prices and cheaper wages abroad, a 2006 U.S. Department of Commerce report said.
Hershey, which once marketed itself as “The Great American Chocolate Bar,” has made the new plant in Monterrey the centerpiece of a $575 million cost-cutting plan.
Since 2007, the company has closed or shrunk factories in Oakdale, Calif.; Reading, Pa.; San Francisco; and other sites.
Moving many of those product lines to Monterrey could save the company about $190 million a year by 2010, Hershey says. It has a plant in Guadalajara that makes candy for the Mexican market. Company spokesman Kirk Saville would not say what the company plans to make in Monterrey and added that the plant would account for only 10% of the chocolate sold in the USA.
For U.S. makers of chocolate, low wages are the main draw, said No? Lecona, director of Mexico’s National Association of Makers of Chocolate, Candy and Related Products.
Workers in Mexico’s processed food industry earn an average of $2.70 an hour, according to the National Institute of Statistics, Geography and Data Processing. At Nestle’s factory in Toluca, a skilled machinery operator earns 220 pesos a day, about $15.70, said Maria Luis Ochoa, secretary of the local Chocolate Workers Union. The same worker in Hershey, Pa., earns $19 to $25 an hour, Bomberger said.
Cacao growers grumble that the foreign companies and the Mexican government have done little to resuscitate Mexico’s cacao industry. Mexico’s small farms, mostly in the southern state of Tabasco, find it difficult to compete against cheap imports from Ivory Coast, Brazil and Indonesia, the National Union of Cacao producers says.
Floods and a disease known as frosty pod rot have also taken their toll. As a result, Mexico’s production of cacao has dropped from 47,000 tons in 2003 to 20,000 tons last year, even as chocolate factories multiply.
“We’re exporting more chocolate, but it’s all maquila (assembly) work,” Lecona said. “It leaves us nothing.”
Hawley is Latin America correspondent for USA TODAY and The Arizona Republic.
Better check the label… Sorry most Hershey products are made in Mexico.
At Christmas I bought expensive bags of little Hershey candy bars. The bag said made in Mexico. I e-mailed Hershey and they confirmed this and stated they are are also made in other foreign countries. I have found for years food packaging says “distributed by” or “packaged for”. I will try to buy only food made and grown in the US. The new square box coding on packaging makes it even more difficult to determine where products are made. You need an app on your phone. Who has time while shopping to scan every product. Rather deceiving. The labeling needs to be fixed. What happens to whistleblowers in foreign countries. Do they lose their jobs or their life if they complain of a products quality? I can’t imagine their are enough inspectors to verify quality.
I think Hershey’s have moved to Mexico.
Here;s a Company that make all their Candy in South Bend Indiana.
Claey’s in South Bend
Good start I agree, but you also forgot Hammond’s Candies. We have been in business since 1920 and are considered the largest handmade candy manufacturer in the U.S. Thanks!!
Fanny May ❤❤
Please add Esther Price in Dayton, OH – I’m just a local resident – no affiliation
REALLY good chocolates of all kinds!
Do u have royal blue lollipops made in usa
Dinstuhls Candies in Memphis, TN is locally made candy. Dinstuhls chocolates plus their chocolate covered strawberries in season are fantastic! https://dinstuhls.com/ Worth a trip if in Memphis for our famous Memphis BBQ – Corky’s Barbeque, Panchos Mexican foods and their famous USA made cheese dips. Memphis in May is a great time to visit for concerts and food!
What about Fanny May? Canton, OH
It is a good start but there are MANY missing US candy makers.
Jelly Belly is the BEST!! ❣️
This is really helpful — what a great list!
M&Ms and Twix are made in Tennessee.
Looks like Andes Candies (Andes Mints) are made in the USA. 🙂
We have an Andes Candies factory in Delavan, Wisconsin.
I’ve tried quite a few of these & really liked them. One of my favorite is Boyer’s peanut butter cups or their Mallo Cups.
Birnn Chocolates, Highland Park New Jersey.
Kimmie Candy in Reno Nevada is 100 % made in USA they make ChocoRocks and Sunbursts as well as organic lines . And factory tours
Spangler is now manufacturing in Mexico. So they can be removed from this list. Odd that on their website they shows Americans in America making candy canes. They are in fact made in Mexico. We are in a post- fact world indeed. Very sad.
Dum Dums by the Spangler company are still made in USA- you can visit the factory in Ohio, as they do tours-, and they are the only ones we have listed from them. Thanks!
I went to buy Dum Dums today and their candy canes are now made in Mexico.
They make candy canes both in USA and Mexico. Not just Mexico.
Thanks! Glad a lot of my favorites are on this list!
Fannie May chocolate
what a great resource list!! we always try and buy american made candies for Halloween!
Justin’s American made organic peanut butter cups. GMO free and the dark-chocolate variety are vegan!
Thank You for this list, I am happy to know some of my favorites are listed here.
Annie B’s are the best!
I have heard of and tried many of these wonderful candy products! I did not know Dum Dums Lollipops were made in Bryan, Ohio by the Spangler company.
Bedre Chocolates — made in Oklahoma.
Please add- Blabbermouth Chocolates, Lincoln, CA. Coffee/Chocolate bars
I’ve heard of a few of these, I’d like to check them all out, and try some new candy. Good to have for a surprise on a long trip in the car!
Perfect just what I needed to find Easter Egg Candy fillers! Thank you!
This is a great list. Glad to see so many on it.
I love Jelly Belly!
Well, we don’t seem to have a shortage of candies made in the USA. I think you missed my favorite, See’s candies. I believe they are made in USA, and they are delicious!
See’s candy is made in South San Francisco, California. They are located at the corner of El Camino Real (CA82)
and South Spruce Ave.
Sees candy was on the list
Goldberg’s Peanut Chews in Philadelphia