You Can Find Safe, Effective Self Tanners That are Made in The USA
USA Love List has discovered plenty of self tanners made in USA for you to choose from.
Your skin is the largest organ your body inhabits, so it's important to care for it. That care includes wearing sunscreen in order to avoid skin cancer. But you don't have to give up your dewy, sun-kissed glow in the process.
As we learn more about the harmful effects of the sun, researchers have done their part to develop some great self-tanners. Gone are the days when your sunless tan products turned your body orange or made it smell like a chemical factory. Many of the self-tanners we recommend will make you appear as if you've spent hours in the sun. Furthermore, some of the products acquire their fragrance from natural products like coconut oil.
Why Choose USA-Made Self-Tanners?
Sunless tanners made in the USA are safe to use, which is one of the primary reasons we highly recommend them. USA products undergo testing to ensure their safety and efficacy. When you purchase a self-tanner made from outside the US (or any skincare product, for that matter), you are not guaranteed that the product has undergone any testing, and you can be left feeling unsure about the safety of its ingredients.
Few, if any, of the recommended sunless tanning products contain the kind of alcohol that dries out your skin. Most of them contain natural oils and butters that nourish your skin without making it greasy.
Clean? Organic? Non-Toxic? Vegan? What Do These Terms Mean?
Part of the confusion in knowing just what to purchase is a result of all the terms used to describe self-tanners. Some of the terms are clearly defined and require certifications for the products to feature a certain label. We'll do our best to briefly clarify these terms to help you choose wisely.
- Organic: The natural product used comes from a source that doesn't use synthetic, harmful pesticides or fertilizers.
- Clean: While there's no legal or official definition of this word as it relates to skin care, individual companies will use “clean” to market their own definitions and features. “Clean” isn't necessarily organic or all-natural. Generally speaking, “clean” refers to ingredients, whether natural or synthetic, that are safe for the individual and the environment.
- Non-Toxic: Similar to the word “clean,” “non-toxic” can carry a number of definitions depending upon the company using it. Generally speaking, “non-toxic” refers to ingredients that do not disrupt the body's endocrine system nor contain carcinogens.
- Cruelty-Free: The product is not tested on animals.
- Vegan: The product uses zero animal by-products.
- All-Natural: The ingredients used come from natural sources.
If you are new to using self tanner, check out our article Self Tanner for Beginners: Sunless Tanning Tips
Stay Informed and Choose Self-Tanners Made in the USA!
So now it's time to get your glow on and choose your favorite USA-made self-tanner. Read on to discover your options.
Check out these exciting articles from USA Love List, too!
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
Pin this list to save it for later!