Socks are an easy and inexpensive way to support American made business. We have found lots of options, so if you are on the hunt for athletic socks, fashion socks, organic socks, we have you covered. We're sure there's something for everyone in your family.
Socks make great gifts for all occasions, so don't forget to save this list for later reference!
Made in USA Socks
Made in USA Fashion Socks for Him and Her
This Night socks are designed by artist Kate T. Williamson and feature elegant, graphic designs in a colorful yet refined palette. Knit in North Carolina, the socks support the local community – a portion from each online sale is donated to the Catawba County Partnership for Children as well as the Olivet Boys & Girls Club of Reading, PA (the city where her socks were developed).
Before the last knitting mill in her hometown of Reading, PA, was shut down, she spent over two years working with the sock experts there to develop men's and women's versions of what she considers the perfect socks: ones that are made with high-quality, US-grown ringspun cotton in a weight that is substantial yet thin enough to fit into dress shoes, with a band that is comfortable yet stays up, and with just a touch of lycra so they keep that fresh-pair, cozy feeling even after lots of wearing and washing.
We love these USA-made fashion socks for men and women for their fit and fun patterns. Discover them for yourself.
Making American Made Men and Women's Socks in Fort Payne, Alabama since 1991
Save 15% off with code USALOVE at zkano. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No expiration date.
Made in USA Men's Socks from Boldfoot
Boldfoot Socks was founded on the premise that American made means quality. Their dress socks are made from US grown Supima cotton (the top 3% of cotton sourced), and their Athletics use the same materials that Nike and Under Armour use.
Boldfoot also offers three months of Sock Insurance, just in case they should rip, tear or develop holes, no questions asked. Ever more importantly, Boldfoot donates 5% of profits to a non-profit that assists U.S. Military Veterans in need of jobs, housing, improved health, and more. Support the cause.
Save 15% off with code USALOVE. Good for your first order of Boldfoot made in USA men's socks.
Women's Fashion Forward Made in USA Compression Socks from Lily Trotters
If you're not familiar with compression socks, I suggest you read ahead. They are an absolute life changer. I wear them almost everyday. I particularly love Lily Trotters fashion forward compression socks, because they are made with cushioned heels, reinforced toes, moisture-wicking and antimicrobial nylon. The 15-20 mmHg of graduated compression offers mild compression that is typically recommended during pregnancy or long flights, and to runners, cross-fitters, or anyone one sits, or stands, for long periods of time. I love the weight of these socks too – they aren't too heavy for summer, and offer some warmth during colder months.
Made in USA Socks Deal: Save 25% off Lilly Trotters made in USA compression socks with promo code USALOVE
Upcycled & Organic Made in USA Fashion Socks
Made in USA Socks Deal: Use promo code USALOVE for 15% off your RocknSocks purchase!
Made in USA Socks: The Ultimate Source List
- Ace & Everett luxury men's socks are knit in the USA.
- American Trench offers fine wool and cotton men’s socks. The wool socks are knitted in Reading, Pennsylvania and the cotton socks are dyed and knitted in North Carolina.
- Balitello performance dress socks for men are available in unique patterns and colors. Sock of the month club and gift options available.
- Boardroom Socks mens socks are available in cotton or wool knits.
- Bootights socks are perfect for high and low boots. Styles include socks with tights attached, and socks with lace or other decorative trimming attached.
Don't miss the USA Love List source list for Made in USA Boots for Women.
- Catherine Cole boot socks for women are made in the USA and come in styles for all boot heights.
- Chrissy's Knee High Socks offers a wide variety of socks for women, kids, and men. A huge selection of their socks are manufactured in the USA, but not all are, so read labels carefully.
- Dahlgren performance compression socks, trainer socks, hiking socks for men and women are made from alpaca/merino wool blend.
- Dapper Classics luxury socks for men are knit in North Carolina.
- Darn Tough knows socks. The family mill business started three generations ago in Northfield, Vermont and 10 years ago, the Darn Tough brand emerged as a way to keep the mill running. You can find men, women and kid's sock in either wool or a Coolmax blend fabric. Give them a try. The brand offers a we offer an unconditional lifetime guarantee.
- Dead Soxy colorful dress, casual socks for men, women, and youth. Popular No Show sock is available in men sizes.
- DeFeet cycling and running socks are available in sizes for men and women.
Don't miss our source guide for made in the USA bike gear.
- Experia socks by Thorlos are light, no friction socks
- Farm To Feet socks have a personality of their own. The fabric is ridiculously soft and comfortable. They are 100% American made, including their supply chain, and materials used. . The entire process takes place in South Carolina and North Carolina. Select from hiking, sporting and everyday socks with specific cushioning for each type. The reinforced structure provides the perfect fit for your feet.
- Fox River Mills is one of the leading outdoor, athletic, and lifestyle sock manufacturers in the world. If you're familiar with the original Rockford Red Heel sock, it has been made by Fox River Mill for the past 22 years. The company makes its socks in Osage, Iowa. I love Fox River Mills long wool socks. Their ski socks are really great for wearing during the winter months under jeans or leggings for added warmth, even if you aren't skiing!
- It was love at first touch with Golden Touch Naturals alpaca socks. The Low Profile Anke Socks and Survival Sock, are made from alpaca raised in Massachusetts. For those of you who may be allergic to wool, alpaca is a great alternative.
- Maggie's Organics organic cotton and organic wool socks are available in styles from baby to adult.
- Mitscoots offers fashion and athletic socks for men and women. All of their socks are manufactured in North Carolina and packaged in Austin, Texas. The packaging jobs are given to those in need of employment, paying well above minimum wage.
- No nonsense has an extensive offering of American made socks, tights and hosiery. The company has manufacturing plants in both North Carolina and Tennessee. With styles starting at under $6, buying made in USA socks has never been easier. Not all No nonsense socks are made in USA, so read labels carefully!
- Only Footprints, a small business in Kentucky that knits ankle, crew and over-calf socks from organic cotton grown in Texas. No dyes, bleach or chemicals of any kind are used to make these ankle socks. It's cotton's natural beige color. They're comparable to dress socks in thickness and softness. For best fit, socks are made for each shoe size. In addition to the socks being an environmentally friendly product, they're also shipped in biodegradable mailers.
- Point6 hiking, athletic and fashion socks for the whole family are manufactured in Tennessee and Alabama. I love these socks for walking, standing on my feet, or exercising. Since these socks are made out of wool they are super soft and great for any conditions because they regulate heat and moisture. I especially love Point6 compression socks – they are a must for those who stand on their feet a lot or do any air travel because they promote circulation in the legs. Check out all their American made socks for kids, men, and women.
- Remember tube socks? I was born after the 70's, but they are back in style. Luckily you can find American made tube socks from Skater Socks. The brand offers lots of colors and various lengths and are available in baby, kids, and adult sizes.
- Smart Socks merino wool hiking socks and Coolmax socks are made in North Carolina
- SmartWool athletic performance merino wool socks are made in America
- SockWell therapeutic performance compression socks for men and women are crafted in the USA
- Solmate Socks loves making mismatched socks from recycled cotton that are meant to go together. Soulmates aren’t supposed to be identical, but the are supposed to be together, and so are Solmate Socks. They pride themselves on quality; these socks are durability and they last for years. Lisa Flood, Solmate Socks' President & Co-Owner is happy to be the second generation Socklady. The company is so committed to American manufacturing, that they bought the mill to ensure that its socks could continue to be made in the USA.
- Swiftwick made in USA performance socks for men and women are manufactured in the USA from US sourced merino wool. I love compression socks because they improve circulation, and it really, really makes a difference when you're standing or walking for long periods of time. I never knew there were short compression socks; I always thought they were long socks that would hit around the knee. I was delighted to find short American made compression socks from Swiftwick to wear with sneakers or hiking boots. They come in six lengths, from zero to five.
Don't miss our ultimate source list for American made sneakers and athletic footwear.
- Thorlo running socks are made with clinically-tested padding that's proven to reduce foot pain and the frequency and size of blisters. You can find the right pair of socks based on your activity. Thorlo makes all of their socks in Statesville, North Carolina.
- West End made in USA fashion socks are comfortable fitting, fun socks for men. The are available in many colorful patterns.
- Wheel House Designs novelty socks for men, women and kids are made in USA.
- Wigwam athletic and every day socks are available in men, women, and kids sizes.
- Wrightsock running, walking, hiking socks, compression socks are made in North Carolina.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.