USA Love List readers looking for American made socks: you've come to the right place! Our editors have created this list of socks for men, women, and kids. We have found over 30 made in USA sock brands, so if you are on the hunt for athletic socks, fashion socks, organic socks, dress socks, we have you covered. There is sure to be something for everyone in your family.
Socks are an easy and inexpensive way to support American made business. The socks on this list are all made from high quality materials. They are all designed for comfort and durability. Don't be turned off by some of the prices, as the fit and comfort are worth it! These socks make great gifts for all occasions, so don't forget to save this list for later reference!
American Made Socks
Organic Cotton Fashion Socks for the Whole Family: Zkano Socks
Zkano organic cotton fashion socks are manufactured in Alabama in small batches with organic cotton grown in the Southern U.S. Zkano is a small, second-generation family business and they have been making socks for over 30 years.
Zkano socks' seamless toe closure and reinforced toe and heel construction make them not only comfortable but durable. These colorful and cozy socks will be a favorite of everyone in your family as they are available in sizes for men, women, and kids.
Save 15% off with code USALOVE at Zkano. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No expiration date.
Made in USA Fashion Socks for Everyone: This Night
This Night socks are designed by artist Kate T. Williamson and feature elegant, graphic designs in a colorful yet refined palette. Knit in North Carolina, the socks support the local community – a portion from each online sale is donated to the Catawba County Partnership for Children as well as the Olivet Boys & Girls Club of Reading, PA (the city where her socks were developed). Kate is inspired by nature and the colors and patterns of Japan.
Before the last knitting mill in her hometown of Reading, PA, was shut down, she spent over two years working with the sock experts there to develop what she considers the perfect socks: ones made with high-quality, US-grown ringspun cotton in a weight that is substantial yet thin enough to fit into your shoes nicely, with a band that is comfortable yet stays up, and with just a touch of lycra so they keep that fresh-pair, cozy feeling even after lots of wearing and washing. THIS NIGHT socks come in three sizes: S/M (fits women's shoe sizes 4–10.5, men's 5–9), M/L (fits men's shoe sizes 7–13, women's 8.5–14), and XL (fits men's shoe sizes 14–18).
We love these USA-made fashion socks for men and women for their fit and fun patterns. Discover them for yourself.
Made in USA Men's Socks from Boldfoot
Boldfoot Socks men's dress socks are made from US grown Supima cotton (the top 3% of cotton sourced), and their Athletics use the same materials that Nike and Under Armour use. Boldfoot Socks was founded on the premise that American made means quality.
Boldfoot Socks donates 5% of their profits to a non-profit that assists U.S. Military Veterans in need of jobs, housing, improved health, and more. Your purchase helps support this cause.
Save 15% off with code USALOVE. Good for your first order of Boldfoot made in USA men's socks.
American Made Socks: The List
Did we miss your favorite made in USA sock brand? Let us know in the comments below and we will add them to our list.
- American Trench offers fine wool and cotton socks. The wool socks are knitted in Reading, Pennsylvania and the cotton socks are dyed and knitted in North Carolina. One size fits most men and women.
- Boardroom Socks high quality men's dress socks are available in cotton or wool knits and are manufactured in North Carolina.
- Boldfoot Socks for men and women fashion dress socks and athletic socks are 100% made in the USA. Compression socks and XL sizes available. Check out their sock of the month club! Learn more about Boldfoot Socks at the top of this article.
Save 15% off with code USALOVE. Good for your first order of Boldfoot made in USA men's socks.
- Bootights socks are perfect for high and low boots. Styles include socks with tights attached, and socks with lace or other decorative trimming attached.
- Catherine Cole boot socks and slouch for women are made in the Carolinas and come in styles for all boot heights
- Chrissy's Socks offers a wide variety of knee high socks for women, kids, and men. A huge selection of their socks are manufactured in the USA, but not all are, so read labels carefully.
- Dapper Classics luxury socks for men are knit in North Carolina.
- Darn Tough knows socks. The family mill business started three generations ago in Northfield, Vermont and 10 years ago, the Darn Tough brand emerged as a way to keep the mill running. You can find men, women and kid's sock in either wool or a Coolmax blend fabric. Give them a try. The brand offers a we offer an unconditional lifetime guarantee. Visit the Darn Tough Amazon shop.
- Dead Soxy colorful dress, casual socks for men, women, and youth. Popular No Show sock is available in men sizes. Made in Dallas, Texas.
- DeFeet cycling and running socks are available in sizes for men and women. Visit the DeFeet Amazon shop.
Don't miss our source guide for made in the USA bike gear.
- Experia socks by Thorlos are light, no friction socks. Thin cushion, compression and other running sock styles available.
- Farm To Feet socks have a personality of their own. The fabric is ridiculously soft and comfortable. They are 100% American made, including their supply chain, and materials used. The entire process takes place in South Carolina and North Carolina. Select from hiking, sporting and everyday socks with specific cushioning for each type in sizes for men and women. The reinforced structure provides the perfect fit for your feet. I love Farm to Feet socks for hiking and running. They keep my feet from getting really sweaty in the summer, and warm and cozy in the cold weather. Visit the Farm to Feet Amazon shop.
- Fox River is one of the leading outdoor, athletic, and lifestyle sock manufacturers in the world. If you're familiar with the original Rockford Red Heel sock, it has been made by Fox River for the past 22 years. The company makes its socks in Osage, Iowa. I love Fox River long wool socks. Their ski socks are really great for wearing during the winter months under jeans or leggings for added warmth, even if you aren't skiing! Visit the Fox River Amazon shop.
- Freaker USA unique novelty socks are one size fits most and fun for everyone.
- It was love at first touch with Golden Touch Naturals alpaca socks. The Low Profile Ankle Socks and Survival Sock, are made from alpaca raised in Massachusetts. For those of you who may be allergic to wool, alpaca is a great alternative.
- Hippy Feet is a Benefit Corporation dedicated to providing jobs to homeless young people ages 16-24. They are employed at pop-up packing, screen printing and embroidery operations. Hippy Feet eco friendly socks for men and women are made in the USA.
- John's Crazy Socks is a father-son venture inspired by co-founder John Lee Cronin, a young man with Down syndrome. John’s affinity for crazy socks paired with his love of making people smile made their mission clear- to spread happiness! Not all John's Crazy Socks are made in the USA, but they have a section on the website for socks that are.
- Kentwool performance socks are made with an infusion of merino wool yarn combined with other premium fibers. Dress socks, golf socks and more are available in men and women's sizes.
- Lily Trotters compression socks are made in the USA and are sassy and fashionable. Great for work, working out, travel, pregnancy and vein health.
- Maggie's Organics organic cotton and merino wool socks are available in styles from baby to adult. Made in North Carolina. The Merino wool is spun in Massachusetts. Visit Maggie's Amazon store.
- Mitscoots offers fashion and athletic socks for men and women. All of their socks are manufactured in North Carolina and packaged in Austin, Texas. The packaging jobs are given to those in need of employment, paying well above minimum wage. Mitscoots socks are very comfortable!
- No nonsense has an extensive offering of American made socks, tights and hosiery. The company has manufacturing plants in both North Carolina and Tennessee. With styles starting at under $6, buying made in USA socks has never been easier. Not all No nonsense socks are made in USA, so read labels carefully!
- Only Footprints, a small business in Kentucky that knits ankle, crew and over-calf socks from organic cotton grown in Texas. No dyes, bleach or chemicals of any kind are used to make these ankle socks. It's cotton's natural beige color. They're comparable to dress socks in thickness and softness. For best fit, socks are made for each shoe size. In addition to the socks being an environmentally friendly product, they're also shipped in biodegradable mailers.
- Point6 hiking, athletic and fashion socks for the whole family are manufactured in Tennessee and Alabama. I love these socks for walking, standing on my feet, or exercising. Since these socks are made out of wool they are super soft and great for any conditions because they regulate heat and moisture. I especially love Point6 compression socks – they are a must for those who stand on their feet a lot or do any air travel because they promote circulation in the legs. Check out all their American made socks for kids, men, and women. Visit the Point6 Amazon store.
- RocknSocks fashion socks for women are made from recycled yarn and organic cotton. Knee high and over the knee socks available.
Use promo code USALOVE for 15% off your RocknSocks purchase! No expiration. Limit one per customer.
- Remember tube socks? I was born after the 70's, but they are back in style. Luckily you can find American made tube socks from Skater Socks. The brand offers lots of colors and various lengths and are available in baby, kids, and adult sizes.
- Smart Socks merino wool hiking socks, Coolmax cycling socks, ski socks, and sport socks are made in North Carolina
- SmartWool athletic performance merino wool socks for men, women, and kids are made in the USA in mills in Tennessee and North Carolina. My favorite women's athletic socks are the Athletic Light Elite Micro Soft. They're comfortable, soft, and the perfect height to wear with sneakers without showing any sock while still protecting your ankles. Visit the SmartWool Amazon shop.
- SockWell stylish, therapeutic performance compression socks for men and women are crafted in the USA and made from Rocky Mountain merino wool. We love Sockwell's stylish socks for their high-quality fabric that are comfortable and make for long-lasting socks. They're worth the money. Visit the SockWell Amazon shop.
- Solmate Socks loves making mismatched socks from recycled cotton that are meant to go together. Soulmates aren’t supposed to be identical, but the are supposed to be together, and so are Solmate Socks. They pride themselves on quality; these socks are durability and they last for years. Lisa Flood, Solmate Socks' President & Co-Owner is happy to be the second generation Sock lady. The company is so committed to American manufacturing, that they bought the mill to ensure that its socks could continue to be made in the USA. Visit the Solemate Socks Amazon shop.
- Swaggr eco-friendly socks are made from recycled plastic. They are shockingly comfortable and incredibly soft. The breathable mesh and arch support aren't standard features of an average pair of socks. The y-stitch heel construction allows the sock to cup the heel for a fantastic fit.
- Swiftwick made in USA performance socks for men and women are manufactured in the USA from US sourced merino wool. I love compression socks because they improve circulation, and it really, really makes a difference when you're standing or walking for long periods of time. I never knew there were short compression socks; I always thought they were long socks that would hit around the knee. I was delighted to find short American made compression socks from Swiftwick to wear with sneakers or hiking boots. They come in six lengths, from zero to five. Visit the Swiftwick Amazon shop.
- This Night fashion socks for men and women are made with colorful Japanese inspired patterns. I love these socks! The patterns are fun and unique. They are very well made! The threads from the patterns do not get caught on your toes. These socks are thick enough to be super comfortable, but they still fit in dress shoes. Learn more about This Night socks at the top of this post.
- Thorlos running socks for men and women are made with clinically-tested padding that's proven to reduce foot pain and the frequency and size of blisters. You can find the right pair of socks based on your activity. Thorlo makes all of their socks in Statesville, North Carolina. Visit the Thorlos Amazon store.
- Wheel House Designs novelty socks for men, women and kids are made in Vermont.
- Wigwam athletic and every day socks are available in men, women, and kids sizes. Visit the Wigwam Amazon shop.
- Wrightsock running, walking, hiking socks, anit-blister socks are made in North Carolina.
- Zkano organic socks are made in in the USA from start to finish and are available in sizes for the whole family. Learn more about Zkano socks at the top of this post.
Save 15% off with code USALOVE at zkano. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No expiration date.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
Love this list? We know you will love these lists too!
Remember to Pin this Post to Pinterest and Share!