Is buying a mattress made in the USA on your list of things to do? A good mattress is not only an investment in your comfort and health, it is also a good opportunity to buy American from a company you can trust. There are a surprising number of options. Don't miss this list of American made mattresses to get you started on your search for the perfect one! If you have purchased any of these Made in USA mattresses, PLEASE help your fellow patriotic shoppers by sharing your personal mattress reviews in the comments below.
Buying a Mattress Made in USA
Factory Direct American Made Mattresses
Did you know that you can get high quality mattresses sent right to your door? I honestly had no clue until I started doing research for this list! Purchasing a mattress from an online-only retailer usually means that the mattress comes to you directly from the factory. This lowers the cost of the mattress by cutting out retail store costs. To make shipping easier, these mattresses come rolled up in an easy-to-handle box. I have to admit, I was a little wary about purchasing a mattress this way.
BearMattress sent me a twin-size mattress to review. BearMattress gel memory foam mattresses are uniquely designed for optimal cooling, comfort, and healing. The mattress arrived right at my door via UPS.
The box was easy for me to move without the need of another person and contained easy-to-follow directions on how to remove the mattress. With the help of my kiddos, we removed the mattress from the box, followed the directions, and had the mattress ready to use in no time. Once we unrolled it, there was no evidence at all that the mattress had previously been in a box.
BearMattress was specifically designed for those with an active lifestyle as it's engineered with four layers of foam to promote healing, cooling, and to increase energy levels. Active, I am not, so this review is limited on that aspect. However, the day that the mattress arrived I had been on a hike with the hubby that included going up and down a large hill which normally would have resulted in sore muscles the next day. Coincidence or not, after sleeping on the BearMattress that night (and having a great night's sleep), I did not have a spot of soreness.
My daughter is the one who has been sleeping on the mattress since. She is the person in the family who is always hot, and she would often wake up during the night from being too hot (even in the winter). This has not been happening since she has had this mattress. For our first online mattress experience, BearMattress has set the bar high!
Many of the companies on this list are online-only stores. This list is always growing, so check back often. If you have a favorite American-made mattress company that you don't see on our list, let us know in the comments and we will add it.
Mattresses Made in USA: The Ultimate Source List
- Agility hybrid mattress was designed with moms in mind.
- Amerisleep is a maker of natural memory foam mattresses.
- Amore Beds mattresses are available with organic cotton fabric, split mattress firmness. Also available: 2 sided flippable mattresses and coil hybrid mattresses.
- Aslan GEL infused memory foam Certi-pure USA-certified mattresses are made in the USA and come with a 365 Night Trial. Aslan medium-firm mattresses are made of 3 layers of state of the art CertiPUR-US Foam and offer ideal comfort and support for all body types. The top layer is made of beaded GEL Memory Foam, which provides temperature regulation and helps keep the body cool. Aslan mattresses also have great edge support, and are Zero Off-Gassing. Save 10% on Aslan mattress and pillow orders with promo code USALOVE.
Don't Miss: The Perfect Pajamas Made in USA: The Source List
- Avocado mattresses are made with natural and organic materials in California.
- BearMattress memory gel foam mattresses are specifically designed for athletes and those with active lifestyles. See review above.
- Birch, a Helix Sleep mattress brand, has eco-friendly mattresses and non-toxic mattresses that are committed to sustainable and Greenguard certified materials. Birch is committed to making mattresses that are entirely made from natural by-products. From organic latex to organic wool and organic cotton materials, Birch is a certified sustainable brand. Birch is so committed to limiting its environmental impact that Birch has purchased carbon offsets to help reduce emissions.
- Brentwood Home memory foam, latex, spring, and foundation mattresses (quilts, pillows and pet beds too) are made in California.
- Brooklyn Bedding factory direct mattresses, pillows, and sheets are made in Arizona.
- Casper Sleep is headquartered in New York City. Its mattresses are manufactured in Georgia and Pennsylvania. They are known for a hybrid spring mattress with memory foam on top. They offer home delivery with a 100 night risk-free trial.
- Cocoon by Sealy mattresses are assembled in the USA.
- Colgate manufactures crib, changing table, and bassinet mattresses.
- Cozy Pure manufactures organic pillows, sheets, blankets, and toppers in Norfolk, Virginia.
- CRāVE Mattress foam and innerspring mattresses are Eco-friendly and made in North Carolina.
- Create A Mattress manufactures made-to-order memory foam, latex, futon, and pillow-top mattresses in the USA.
- Diamond Mattress brands include Rally and Diamond. Diamond Mattress has been making mattresses in the USA since 1946.
- Easy Rest adjustable mattresses are made in the USA.
- Eco Terra hybrid mattresses are made in California from 100% Talalay latex and have fabric encased coils.
- Elkhart Bedding has been making mattresses in Elkhart, Indiana, since 1919.
- eLuxury is an online retailer of bedding products. Not all products are American-made, but they have a selection of pillows, mattresses, and toppers that are.
Don't miss: Buy Bedding Made in the USA: The Ultimate Source Guide
- Frankenmuth Woolen Mill wool mattress toppers and wool bedding have been handcrafted in the USA for 127 years at Michigan's oldest operating woolen mill. The Frankenmuth Woolen Mill woolen mattress topper is 2.5 inches thick. It is filled with Climate Beneficial wool and covered with 100% organic certified cotton. This topper has elastics straps that secure it to your mattress adding a cozy layer for an allergy-free, deep sleep.
- Gardner Mattress has been handcrafting mattresses in Massachusetts since 1933. They have natural and organic options too.
- GhostBed Gel memory foam and latex mattresses by Nature's Sleep. Foundation/box spring also made in the USA.
- Helix offers a popular hybrid mattress and a luxury hybrid mattress. Most awarded mattress brand of 2020.
- Holder Mattress has been making mattresses since 1967 in the Kokomo, Indiana area.
- Hyphen mattress is designed for a cool, clean, supportive sleep.
- Imperial Bedding makes mattresses in Huntington, West Virginia, along with the inner springs and foam.
You'll find these mattresses on all the beds at the world-renowned Greenbrier Resort!
- Kiss Mattress memory foam and latex mattresses are made in the USA.
- Lebeda Mattress Factory mattresses are made in Iowa. They sell to the midwest region- Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
- Leesa foam mattresses for everybody. For every 10 mattresses sold Leesa donates one mattress to a shelter.
- Loom & Leaf by Saatva. These ultra–luxury layered mattresses are handcrafted in the USA from a plant-based foam
- Luxi is a luxury foam mattress that adapts to your body's needs
- My Green Mattress non-toxic mattresses are handcrafted in Illinois. The Hope latex mattress pictured below is made from certified organic Dunlap latex, made from the sap of the rubber tree. MyGreenMattresss discount code USALOVE saves you $125 off.
- MyPillow makes a mattress too- 10″ and 4 layers.
- Nest Bedding sells American-made organic mattresses, sheets, pillows, blankets, and comforters.
- Newton breathable crib mattresses are made in Tennessee.
- Nolah Every part of the mail order Nolah foam mattress is made in the USA in one of their 8 factories.
- Original Mattress Factory mattresses are manufactured in multiple cities around the USA.
- Otis Bed futon mattresses are hand-made in the USA.
- PerformaSleep mattresses are handcrafted in the USA. The foam is made in Georgia and the covering materials in South Carolina.
Don't miss: Made in USA Slippers & Moccasins for Men, Women, and Kids: A Source Guide
- Plushbeds flagship product is the Botanical Bliss American-made organic latex mattress – a custom-made, hand-crafted, adjustable firmness model with a 25-year warranty. PlushBeds offers free shipping and a completely risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Puffy foam mattresses are American made.
- Purple offers no pressure mattresses, made in the USA. Rated #1 in Customer Satisfaction with Bed in a Box Mattresses by J.D. Power.
- Saatva is the only online mattress brand that manufactures and sells ultra-premium innerspring mattresses.
- Serta mattresses are available in 7 sizes from crib to Cal King. Serta has 24 factories throughout the USA.
- SomosBeds are mattresses kept simple and affordable, yet still top quality using CertiPUR-US® memory foam. Also available: motorized, adjustable mattress bases, made in the USA – a comfort game-changer!
- Southern Lady commercial and residential mattresses have been made in the USA since 1914.
- Spoon mattresses are memory foam.
- Spindle natural latex mattresses are made in Massachusetts.
- Stumptown Mattress mattresses are affordable and made in the pacific northwest.
Don't miss: Alarm Clocks Made in The USA- Do They Exist?
- Summerfield is made in New York and developed by the owners of the mattress store Craig's Bed.
- Sure2Sleep offers plush gel memory foam mattresses
- tulo mattresses are available in multiple firmnesses and can be purchased in-store AND online.
- Tuft & Needle Adaptive Foam mattresses are made in California from materials sourced throughout the USA.
- WinkBeds hybrid premium mattress, made in the USA
- Zenhaven by Saatva affordable luxury natural latex mattresses made in USA with organic cotton and wool.
- Zotto offers hybrid foam mattresses and mattress toppers.
Share your own mattress reviews for American made mattress brands in the comments section below. This is a category where we don't have to compromise. It is easy to buy American when choosing a mattress for any sleeping style or any budget. Let's help each other choose the perfect Made in USA mattress every time.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post about buying a mattress made in the USA which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
We have more American made bedding source lists:
- Mattress toppers made in USA
- American made comforters & duvets
- American made sheets
- Blankets made in USA
- Made in USA pillows
- Organic bedding made in USA
Love This List? Check these:
Pin this list to save it for later!
Hi, US-Certipure is not a foam in and of itself. It is a testing facility. However, some brands do not have their materials certified due to their proprietary formulas.
The products of White Dove Mattress (www.whitedoveusa.com) have been made in Cleveland, OH since 1922. The company launched a subsidiary, internet-only company in 2016 to market the “Big Fig,” the first mattress targeted to the big-and-tall community. The Big Fig (www.bigfigmattress.com) is also American-made.
Gardner mattress has been around forever and is USA made. In Salem, MA.
Thank you! Added Gardner Mattress to our list.
For those of us in the Midwest, there is Lebeda–made in Cedar Rapids, IA. Good mattresses of about any type. They’re well-made, and last their full 8 years plus.
Thanks for the tip! I added Lebeda to our list.
Great information–we are in the market for a new bed.
I need a new mattress mine is 10 yrs plus and I love the fact that these are made in the USA and they look very comfy!
I just bought a new mattress last week and I made sure it was made in the USA.
I am in the market for a new mattress. So, thanks for the list – now I have a place to start!
I highly recommend the Original Mattress Factory, in Atlanta GA. It is also listed by Consumer Reports as a Best Buy.
The mattresses at Original Mattress Company are made in Charlotte North Carolina. Great people and a way better mattress than I’ve ever found anywhere.
Thank you! Added them 🙂
I reached out to Casper and while their beds are Assembled in the US (and Canada), they do not source their materials from the US (or Canada), so I think it is inappropriate to list them as Made in America.
Right on John. That disqualifies from Made in America.
I took them off our list. Not because the are assembled in the USA (we recognize any company that makes an effort to bring manufacturing jobs to the. USA), but because a buyer would not be able to choose from one assembled in the USA or Canada. Thank you!
Indigo Mattress is an online only store, manufactures their mattresses in North Carolina. They also donate any returns to local homeless/battered woman shelters, and still provides the customer a 100% refund.
They also have a custom gel foam bed, where one side can be firm while the other is soft.
Thank you! Added them.
Do you know anything about OKI OKI beds? Not a criticism, a real question.
I don’t think they are made in USA. Just designed in the USA.
Casper mattresses are now made in CANADA!!
The Casper Mattress Award-winning comfort, with our signature just right feel. Starting at
You did not mention Souther Lady made in South Carolina and Stearns & Foster made in Florida
How did you miss Bio Sleep Concept https://biosleepconcept.com !? They are pretty good in the market for providing best quality Organic Mattresses.
Which is better for side sleepers with chronic pain? A Purple or Nectar memory foam mattress?
Buy made in USA mattress then visit Aanya Linen to get Amazing Range of Bedding accessories
What about Otis Bed? Are they still made in the USA?
My Purple mattress is amazing. Great for people who are warm when they sleep and for side sleepers. @LifeOnPurple
I am launching a new brand, Warrior Bed (www.warriorbed.com) which is absolutely 100% Made in USA. Our manufacturing facility is near Tupelo, Mississippi, which holds a long and storied tradition in the furniture and bedding industry. Our fabric cover (ticking) is made in USA, and our memory foam and memory gel is poured and shaped locally using only CertiPUR-US® certified foam. Our mattress is designed with a 7.5″ base layer of high-density foam, with a supportive and cooling 2.5″ layer of gel-infused memory foam. We commit a percentage of our sales to helping service disabled and other service connected US Veterans through our charitable partner, Purple Heart Homes.
I’m looking for a mattress so I’m going to play the devil’s advocate here. While it’s nice to see many”made in the USA” items listed here, none had a city/town street address given or were given with only a US state listed for the manufacturer. The Puffy Luxo is a mattress I am interesting in purchasing. I’ve looked all over the internet and the best I found was “N. Hollywood, Ca”. I feel some transparency is needed here. Is there a town in Outer Mongolia named intheUSA? What are these mattress companies hiding??? Buying anything online is a terrific risk, especially for >$1,000 items. Prove to me that all these companies are legit by stating the address and state of each company. The devil has spoken.
Hi John! We report what brands tell us about the location of their manufacturing and we try to provide as much information as possible, including state and city when that information is provided to us, because we know our readers love to know those details. It is an urban myth that cities in Asia are names in USA for the purpose of fraudulent labeling. If any of our readers EVER found an instance of such a practice, we would want to know right away (as would the FTC). We have never heard of such a thing. We can’t *prove* to you that something is made in the USA, and even if we did, companies can change their manufacturing at any time. Before you make a purchase, especially a big one, you should go ahead and call the company to ask what you want to know directly. Thank you for trying to buy American!
I would like to see a little more precision here. It is one thing to say made in the U.S.A. But are all of the components that comprise the product made in the U.S.A.? Or is it made in the U.S.A. as an assembly of components made in China. It would be preferable if you could state: made in the U.S.A. of components exclusively made in the U.S.A.
So glad I came upon this article, it’s exactly what I have been looking for. The easy part will be reading about all the mattresses; the hard part will be selecting one. Thank you!
Obviously sponsored content. You skipped Sleep Number, which is made in the U.S from domestic components.
Sleep Number is assembled in the USA with a number of components and materials sourced from China and elsewhere. Many of Sleep Number’s bedding products are manufactured entirely in China. I would say the same is probably true for many such companies trying to be profitable in the U.S. by keeping manufacturing costs down.
This information was very helpful to me. I had no idea so many mattresses were Made in the USA.
I appreciate this review. We are shopping for a new mattress. Memory foam makes a big difference!
This is an incomplete list by far. Serta, Sealy, Spring Air, Corsicana, Englander, Jammierson, Kings Down to name a few. How do you miss the big companies
We have one Mattress store too in NJ
Awesome blog. The best mattress I have ever purchased at reasonable price is from http://www.LuxiSleep.com... I love it! ABC say “Luxi brings peace to the mattress battle with innovative technology and commitment to sleep health” & I completely agree.
In my search for a good mattress I came across this site. Perfect timing for me. Thanks.
I could really use a new mattress, thanks for sharing!
Yay!!! Glad to know my current mattress is made in the USA!!
I think we have one Serta. I’m not sure what the other one is, but I’m pretty sure it was also made in the USA.
Serta mattresses are manufactured all over the world.
I had no idea there were so many American-made mattresses. I definitely will be needing a new mattress before much more time passes.
Dont let made in USA fool you. Casper is assembled in the USA only. It is made with foam purchased cheaply from China.