Is buying a mattress made in the USA on your list of things to do? A good mattress is not only an investment in your comfort and health, it is also a good opportunity to buy American from a company you can trust. There are a surprising number of options. Don't miss this list of American made mattresses to get you started on your search for the perfect one!
Buying a Mattress Made in USA
Factory Direct American Made Mattresses
Did you know that you can get high quality mattresses sent right to your door? I honestly had no clue until I started doing research for this list! Purchasing a mattress from an online-only retailer usually means that the mattress comes to you directly from the factory. This lowers the cost of the mattress by cutting out retail store costs. To make shipping easier, these mattresses come rolled up in an easy-to-handle box. I have to admit, I was a little wary about purchasing a mattress this way.
BearMattress sent me a twin-size mattress to review. BearMattress gel memory foam mattresses are uniquely designed for optimal cooling, comfort, and healing. The mattress arrived right at my door via UPS.
The box was easy for me to move without the need of another person and contained easy-to-follow directions on how to remove the mattress. With the help of my kiddos, we removed the mattress from the box, followed the directions, and had the mattress ready to use in no time. Once we unrolled it, there was no evidence at all that the mattress had previously been in a box.
BearMattress was specifically designed for those with an active lifestyle as it's engineered with four layers of foam to promote healing, cooling, and to increase energy levels. Active, I am not, so this review is limited on that aspect. However, the day that the mattress arrived I had been on a hike with the hubby that included going up and down a large hill which normally would have resulted in sore muscles the next day. Coincidence or not, after sleeping on the BearMattress that night (and having a great night's sleep), I did not have a spot of soreness.
My daughter is the one who has been sleeping on the mattress since. She is the person in the family who is always hot, and she would often wake up during the night from being too hot (even in the winter). This has not been happening since she has had this mattress. For our first online mattress experience, BearMattress has set the bar high!
Many of the companies on this list are online-only stores. This list is always growing, so check back often. If you have a favorite American-made mattress company that you don't see on our list, let us know in the comments and we will add it.
Mattresses Made in USA: The Ultimate Source List
- Agility hybrid mattress was designed with moms in mind.
- Amerisleep is a maker of natural memory foam mattresses.
- Amore Beds mattresses are available with organic cotton fabric, split mattress firmness. Also available: 2 sided flippable mattresses and coil hybrid mattresses.
- Aslan GEL infused memory foam Certi-pure USA-certified mattresses are made in the USA and come with a 365 Night Trial. Aslan medium-firm mattresses are made of 3 layers of state of the art CertiPUR-US Foam and offer ideal comfort and support for all body types. The top layer is made of beaded GEL Memory Foam, which provides temperature regulation and helps keep the body cool. Aslan mattresses also have great edge support, and are Zero Off-Gassing. Save 10% on Aslan mattress and pillow orders with promo code USALOVE.
Don't Miss: The Perfect Pajamas Made in USA: The Source List
- Avocado mattresses are made with natural and organic materials in California.
- BearMattress memory gel foam mattresses are specifically designed for athletes and those with active lifestyles. See review above.
- Birch, a Helix Sleep mattress brand, has eco-friendly mattresses and non-toxic mattresses that are committed to sustainable and Greenguard certified materials. Birch is committed to making mattresses that are entirely made from natural by-products. From organic latex to organic wool and organic cotton materials, Birch is a certified sustainable brand. Birch is so committed to limiting its environmental impact that Birch has purchased carbon offsets to help reduce emissions.
- Brentwood Home memory foam, latex, spring, and foundation mattresses (quilts, pillows and pet beds too) are made in California.
- Brooklyn Bedding factory direct mattresses, pillows, and sheets are made in Arizona.
- Cocoon by Sealy mattresses are assembled in the USA.
- Colgate manufactures crib, changing table, and bassinet mattresses.
- Cozy Pure manufactures organic pillows, sheets, blankets, and toppers in Norfolk, Virginia.
- CRāVE Mattress foam and innerspring mattresses are Eco-friendly and made in North Carolina.
- Create A Mattress manufactures made-to-order memory foam, latex, futon, and pillow-top mattresses in the USA.
- Diamond Mattress brands include Rally and Diamond. Diamond Mattress has been making mattresses in the USA since 1946.
- Easy Rest adjustable mattresses are made in the USA.
- Eco Terra hybrid mattresses are made in California from 100% Talalay latex and have fabric encased coils.
- Element factory-direct memory foam mattresses are 100% American-made.
- Elkhart Bedding has been making mattresses in Elkhart, Indiana, since 1919.
- eLuxury is an online retailer of bedding products. Not all products are American-made, but they have a selection of pillows, mattresses, and toppers that are.
- Frankenwuth Woolen Mill wool mattress toppers and wool bedding have been handcrafted in the USA for 127 years at Michigan's oldest operating woolen mill. The Frankenwuth Woolen Mill woolen mattress topper is 2.5 inches thick. It is filled with Climate Beneficial wool and covered with 100% organic certified cotton. This topper has elastics straps that secure it to your mattress adding a cozy layer for an allergy-free, deep sleep.
- Gardner Mattress has been handcrafting mattresses in Massachusetts since 1933. They have natural and organic options too.
- GhostBed Gel memory foam and latex mattresses by Nature's Sleep. Foundation/box spring also made in the USA.
- Helix offers a popular hybrid mattress and a luxury hybrid mattress. Most awarded mattress brand of 2020.
- Holder Mattress has been making mattresses since 1967 in the Kokomo, Indiana area.
- Hyphen mattress is designed for a cool, clean, supportive sleep.
- Imperial Bedding makes mattresses in Huntington, West Virginia, along with the inner springs and foam. You'll find these mattresses on all the beds at the world-renowned Greenbrier Resort!
- Kiss Mattress memory foam and latex mattresses are made in the USA.
- Lebeda Mattress Factory mattresses are made in Iowa. They sell to the midwest region- Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
- Leesa foam mattresses for everybody. For every 10 mattresses sold Leesa donates one mattress to a shelter.
- Loom & Leaf by Saatva. These ultra–luxury layered mattresses are handcrafted in the USA from a plant-based foam
- Luxi is a luxury foam mattress that adapts to your body's needs
- My Green Mattress non-toxic mattresses are handcrafted in Illinois. The Hope latex mattress pictured below is made from certified organic Dunlap latex, made from the sap of the rubber tree. MyGreenMattresss discount code USALOVE saves you $125 off.
- MyPillow makes a mattress too- 10″ and 4 layers.
- Nest Bedding sells American-made organic mattresses, sheets, pillows, blankets, and comforters.
- Newton breathable crib mattresses are made in Tennessee.
- Nolah Every part of the mail order Nolah foam mattress is made in the USA in one of their 8 factories.
- Original Mattress Factory mattresses are manufactured in multiple cities around the USA.
- Otis Bed futon mattresses are hand-made in the USA.
- Pacific Mattress Co. float foam mattresses are made in California.
- PerformaSleep mattresses are handcrafted in the USA. The foam is made in Georgia and the covering materials in South Carolina.
- Plushbeds flagship product is the Botanical Bliss American-made organic latex mattress – a custom-made, hand-crafted, adjustable firmness model with a 25-year warranty. PlushBeds offers free shipping and a completely risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Puffy foam mattresses are American made.
- Purple offers no pressure mattresses, made in the USA. Rated #1 in Customer Satisfaction with Bed in a Box Mattresses by J.D. Power.
- Saatva is the only online mattress brand that manufactures and sells ultra-premium innerspring mattresses.
- Serta mattresses are available in 7 sizes from crib to Cal King. Serta has 24 factories throughout the USA.
- Southern Lady commercial and residential mattresses have been made in the USA since 1914.
- Spoon mattresses are memory foam.
- Spindle natural latex mattresses are made in Massachusetts.
- Stumptown Mattress mattresses are affordable and made in the pacific northwest.
Don't miss: Alarm Clocks Made in The USA- Do They Exist?
- Summerfield is made in New York and developed by the owners of the mattress store Craig's Bed.
- Sure2Sleep offers plush gel memory foam mattresses
- tulo mattresses are available in multiple firmnesses and can be purchased in-store AND online.
- Tuft & Needle Adaptive Foam mattresses are made in California from materials sourced throughout the USA.
- Warrior Bed Company manufactures Certipur-US memory foam and gel mattresses in Mississippi.
- WinkBeds hybrid premium mattress, made in the USA
- Zenhaven by Saatva affordable luxury natural latex mattresses made in USA with organic cotton and wool.
- Zotto offers hybrid foam mattresses and mattress toppers.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post about buying a mattress made in the USA which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.
Have you visited our Made in USA Shopping District? It is the place to start your shopping when you want to find the best of American-made.
We have more American made bedding source lists:
- Mattress toppers made in USA
- American made comforters & duvets
- American made sheets
- Blankets made in USA
- Made in USA pillows
- Organic bedding made in USA
Love This List? Check these:
Pin this list to save it for later!