Everyone is looking for American made shoes. I admit, they are difficult to find, but I’ve put together this extensive list. It contains brands that make all of their shoes in the USA, but I’ve also listed brands whose lines contain some made in USA shoes and some that are imported. Always check your labels and look for Made in USA before you buy! (Sandals featured in cover image are by Mohop.)
We have Ultimate Source Lists for Men’s Shoes Made in the USA, Made in USA Work Boots, Hiking Boots & More, a Source Guide For Shoes Made in California, Made in USA Boots for Cold, Snow and Rain, and Sandals Made in the USA as well. Check out our sources for American made socks too!
Our Top Picks for American Made Footwear
American Made Sneakers: SOM Footwear
If you think there aren’t any American made sneakers out there, think again. We’ve found SOM Footwear, shoes designed for an active lifestyle. The shoe’s minimalist design gives you the freedom and stability of barefoot walking with all the protection and support you need. Each shoe is built with a specialized toe box and heel, so hard to fit feet get ultimate comfort. All SOM Footwear is made in Colorado of the highest quality weather-proof materials.
American Made Shoes: The Ultimate Source List
If you notice that we have missed your favorite American made shoe brand, please let us know in the comments and we will add them to our list!
- Alden, men’s dress shoes, made in Middleborough, Massachusetts since 1884
- Allen Edmonds, men’s dress shoes, casual shoes and boots, made in Wisconsin
- Athena Alexander, women’s sandals and heels, made in Gardena, California
- Aurora Shoe Co shoes for men and women are handmade in upstate New York
- Cade & Co, infant shoes made in Park City, Utah
- Calleen Cordero women’s shoes are made in California.
- California Magdesians, made in City of Industry, California
- Carolina, men’s work boots (only select styles are made in USA)
- Chacos’ MyChacos collection that’s made Rockford, Michigan (other styles are not American made)
- Chippewa Boots, loafers & rugged work & fashion boots for men & women (only select styles)
- CYDWOQ, men and women’s boots, flats, boots, made in Burbank, California
- Danner offers select styles of made in USA hiking boots, hunting boots, work boots, and urban wear boots.
- Eastland, has a ‘Made in Maine Collection’ of shoes for men and women
- Eliza B, youth and women’s flip flops, made in Connecticut
- Esquivel luxury leather shoes for men and women are handcrafted by skilled artisans in southern California.
- Footwear by Footskins, men and women’s moccasins made in Spring Grove, Minnesota
- Frye, men’s and women’s boots (select styles only)
- Gateway Shoes tuxedo shoes, marching band shoes, and uniform shoes are made in Missouri
- Gurkee’s rope sandals are made in West Virginia. They offer any array of colors and styles.
- Hathorn Explorer boots are made in Washington.
- Helm, men’s boots, made in Austin, Texas
- Hersey Custom Shoe Company makes customized sneakers in Massachusetts.
- Hoffman Boot pac boots and leather boots are made in Idaho.
- Island Slipper, women and men’s sandals made in Hawaii Island Slipper is listed in 10 Things We Love, Made in Hawaii
- Jack Rogers Navajo Sandals, women’s sandals, select styles made in Florida
- Jen + Kim, women’s heels and custom heels made in Los Angles, California
- Julie Bees, Women’s Flats made in Atlanta, Georgia
- Kamik, select styles of toddler and little kids snow boots are assembled in the USA
- Keen has select styles of assembled in USA low- and high-profile snow and hiking boots for men and women available at Zappos.
- Kepner Scott, infant and toddler shoes, made in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania Kepner Scoot is listed in 10 Things We Love, Made in Pennsylvania
- L.L. Bean, men and women’s boots, select styles made in Maine since 1912
- Lucchese manufactures select styles of boots in the USA
- Manimal, baby and unisex moccasins made in Brooklyn, New York
- mohop. women’s sandals and flats made in Chicago, Illinois
- Munro, women’s heels, boots and sandals made in Hot Springs, Arkansas (select styles only)
- myAnatech, women’s shoes and sandals, made in California
- Neil M Footwear, made in Wynne, Arkansas
- New Balance, women and men’s sneakers, select styles made outside of Boston, Massachusetts New Balance is listed in 10 Things We Love, Made in Massachusetts
- Newbark luxury women’s flats made in California.
- Nicks Handmade Boots, boots for men and women all handmade in Spokane, Washington
- Oakstreet Bootmakers, made in Chicago, Illinois
- Oka b colorful ballet flats and flip flops are made in Georgia.
- Okabashi, flats and sandals, made in Buford, Georgia Okabashi is listed in 10 Things We Love, Made in Georgia
- Onex women’s shoes are handcrafted in California.
- Pierrepont Hicks, women’s chukkas, moccasins, and desert boots made in Maine
- Piper Sandals, childrens, men and women’s leather sandals, made in San Antonio, Texas
- PW Minor shoes for men and women are made in New York
- Quoddy boat shoes are handmade in Maine
- Rancourt & Co, men’s dress shoes, made in Lewiston, Maine
- Red Wing, work boots made in Minnesota (select styles only)
- Russell Moccasin Co. boots and moccasins are handmade in Wisconsin.
- Salpy Shoes Truly artisanal shoes designed and built in a Los Angeles factory.
- SAS (San Antonio Shoes), men and woman’s shoes, made in San Antonio, Texas
- Scandic Footwear manufactures women’s leather and wood bottom clogs in New England
- Schnee’s, men and women’s uninsulated rubber-bottom pac boots and hiking boots, made in Bozeman, Montana
- Sbicca, women’s wedge sandals, select styles made in Los Angles, California
- Sloggers, women’s rainboots, made in Gardena, California
- Soft Star shoes for adults and children are made in Oregon.
- SOM Footwear, quality athletic casual sneaker for men and women made in Colorado Top pick for American made sneakers
- Steger Mukluks and Moccasins, made in Ely, Minnesota (These are like the made in USA version of UGGs! We love them!)
- Sven clogs for men, women, and children are made in the USA
- The Palatines, leather slingbacks, sandals and booties made in Los Angeles, California
- The Vintage Shoe Company, men and women’s boots, oxfords and flats, made in Pennsylvania
- Thorogood, men’s boots
- Vere Sandals, men and women’s flip flops, made in Geneva, New York
- Walk-Over, men’s casual shoes, select styles made in USA since 1758
- White’s Boots, men’s jumper boots
- Wolverine, men’s boots, made in Rockford, Michigan (select styles)
- Zuzii Footwear manufactures shoes (sandals, clogs, sneakers) for baby, kids, and women in Los Angeles, California.
Our favorite retailers that offer Made in USA shoes
To make your American made shoes even more comfy, try Piggy Pillows’ flip flop insoles or American-made soft gel foot cushions from Body and Sole Comfort. Have we missed anything on this list of American made shoe brands? Which is your favorite? Share other American made shoes brands with us.
Disclosure: USA Love List received some products in this post unconditionally for review purposes. Our opinions are always our own, and we aim to write fair and balanced reviews to promote only the very best of American-made products.