We’ve had many inquires about American made shoes. I admit, they are difficult to find. I’ve put together a pretty extensive list. Let me know if I’ve missed anything!
If you think there aren’t any American made sneakers out there, think again. We’ve found SOM Footwear, shoes designed for an active lifestyle. The shoe’s minimalist design gives you the freedom and stability of barefoot walking with all the protection and support you need. Each shoe is built with a specialized toe box and heel, so hard to fit feet get ultimate comfort. All SOM Footwear is made in Colorado of the highest quality weather-proof materials.
Source List: American Made Shoes
- Alden, men’s dress shoes, made in Middleborough, MA since 1884
- Allen Edmonds, men’s boots and dress shoes, (available at Nordstrom), made in Wisconsin
- Athena Alexander, women’s sandals and heels, made in Gardena, California
- Arrow Moccasin Company, men and women’s moccasins made in Hudson, Massachusetts
- Aurora Shoe Co., men and women’s shoes made in upstate New York
- Bear Feet, infant and toddler shoes, made in Austin, Texas (mentioned in “10 Things We Love: Made in Texas“)
- Cade & Co, infant shoes made in Park City, Utah
- California Magdesians, made in City of Industry, California
- Carolina, men’s work boots
- Chacos, custom made sandals made in Rockford, Michigan
- CYDWOQ, men and women’s boots, flats, boots, made in Burbank, California
- Donovan Slippers, men and women’s leather ballet flats and slippers
- Eastland Men’s Shoes, made in Maine
- Eliza B, youth and women’s flip flops, made in Essex, Connecticut
- Footwear by Footskins, men and women’s moccasins made in Spring Grove, Minnesota
- Frye, men’s and women’s boots
- Get Grounded, women’s flip flops made in the USA with grounding properties. Read more about grounding and the brand here.
- Gurkee’s rope sandals are made in West Virginia. They offer any array of colors and styles.
- Helm, men’s boots, made in Austin, Texas
- Island Slipper, women and men’s sandals made in Hawaii
- Jack Rogers Navajo Sandals, women’s sandals, select styles made in Florida
- Jen + Kim, women’s heels and custom heels made in Los Angles, California
- Julie Bees, Women’s Flats made in Atlanta, Georgia
- Kepner Scott, infant and toddler shoes, made in Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania (mentioned in “10 Things We Love: Made in Pennsylvania“)
- Kamik, toddler and little kids snow boots
- Kino Sandals, women’s sandals made in Key West, Florida
- Kork- Ease, women’s wedge sandals
- Leather Man Ltd, if you like Eliza B sandals, these are the men’s version
- L.L. Bean, men and women’s snow boots, select styles made in Maine since 1912
- Neil M Footwear, made in Wynne, Arkansas
- New Balance, women and men’s sneakers, select styles made outside of Boston, Massachusetts
- Nick’s Boots, men’s boots, made in Spokane, Washington
- Manimal, baby and unisex moccasins made in Brooklyn, New York
- mohop. women’s sandals and flats made in Chicago, Illinois
- Munro, women’s heels, boots and sandals made in Hot Springs, Arkansas
- Mrs. P. Hicks, women’s chukkas, wallabees, and desert boot made in Maine
- myAnatech, I really love these made in USA sandals! They are unbelievably comfortable. I have the Huda sandals and have worn them on an hour long walk without having my feet hurt. The sandals are really supportive and still stylish enough to wear with any outfit!
- Oakstreet Bootmakers, made in Chicago, Illinois
- OKAb, flats and sandals, made in Buford, Georgia
- Piper Sandals, childrens, men and women’s leather sandals, made in San Antonio, Texas
- Rancourt & Co, men’s dress shoes, made in Lewiston, Maine
- Rebekah Scott Designs, infant shoes made in South Dakota.
- Red Wing, made in Minnesota
- penelope and coco, women’s boots, heels, and flats, made in Los Angles, California
- SAS (San Antonio Shoes), men and woman’s shoes, made in San Antonio, Texas
- Schnee’s, men and women’s uninsulated rubber-bottom pac boots and hiking boots, made in Bozeman, Montana
- Sheepskin slippers, unisex style moccasins, made in Whidbey Island, Washington
- Sbicca, women’s wedge sandals, select styles made in Los Angles, California
- Sloggers, women’s rainboots, made in Gardena, California
- Steger Mukluks and Moccasins, made in Ely, Minnesota (These are like the made in USA version of UGGs! We love them!)
- The Palatines, leather slingbacks, sandals and booties made in Los Angeles, California
- Tipsy Skipper, women’s flats and flip flops, made in Rhode Island
- The Vintage Shoe Company, men and women’s boots, oxfords and flats, made in Pennsylvania
- Thorogood, men’s boots
- Vere Sandals, men and women’s flip flops, made in Geneva, New York
- Walk-Over, men’s casual shoes, made in since 1758
- Wassookeag Moccassins, made in Dexter, Maine
- White’s Boots, men’s boots
- Wolverine, men’s boots, made in Rockford, Michigan
To make your American made shoes even more comfy, try Piggy Pillows’ flip flop insoles or American-made soft gel foot cushions from Body and Sole Comfort. Have we missed anything on this list of American made shoe brands? Which is your favorite? Share other American made shoes brands with us.
Check out our sources for American made socks too!
Disclosure: USA Love List received some products in this post unconditionally for review purposes. Our opinions are always our own, and we aim to write fair and balanced reviews to promote only the very best of American-made products.
You may also like:
- Five Made in USA Boots For Cold And Rainy Weather
- American Made Handbags: The Ultimate Source List
- Source Guide For American Made Men’s Dress Shoes
- American Made Shoes: Sandals and Flip Flops To Get You Ready For Summer
- Holiday Giveaway Event – Pamper Yourself with American Made Gifts for Bath and Beauty