It's hard not to over- or under pack. I've found that when I travel via car I over-pack. Then when I fly, I under-pack because I don't like feeling bogged down by my belongings. There has to be something in between, with a focus on essentials you might need, and wouldn't want to be stuck without. I've spent months thinking about this travel packing list and finding all American made traveling essentials that you'd need for any type of travel you might be doing. You'll be surprised that everything you need is available and made right here in the USA.
Here's our Ultimate Travel Packing List for Backpacking, Domestic, International, and RV Travel with all American made products you'll need for travel. Hopefully, you can use this list as a reference for your future travel adventures.
Ultimate ‘American Made' Travel Packing List
Did we miss anything in the list? If so, let us know in the comments section. We don't want to be stranded without something.
- Bottoms, Dresses, and Tops – See our made in USA women's clothing and Fitness Clothing Guide.
- Bras – See our Bras Source List and Lingerie Source List
- Underwear– see our Underwear Guide (men, women, and kids)
- Men's Clothing– See our Men's Clothing Source List
- Outerwear – See our Outerwear Guide
- Pajamas – See our Pajama Guide
- Socks – Compression socks are essential travel socks. Also see our Sock Guide
- Scarf – See our Scarf Guide
- Swimwear – See our Swimwear Guides for men, women, and kids
- Hiking Boots – See our guide for made in USA hiking boots, work boots and more
- Sandals– See our Men's Sandals Guide and Women's Sandals Guide
- Sneakers – See our Sneaker Guide
- Cosmetics Bag – Cinda b offers all the matching cosmetic bags you'll need. They're perfect because they're lightweight, stain-resistant, and easy to spot clean.
- Crossbody Bag – See our Handbag Guide
- Daypack – MIS Mesh Backpack is a perfect “day pack” great for day hikes or short trips. It's made of 500 denier Dupont Cordura Nylon and has a water-resistant Urethane coating. The heavy military mesh comes in a raschel knit pattern. It comes with a lot of clever design features to be a small pack, yet it still carries all the essentials, and then some! See also our backpack guide.
- Luggage – See our list of travel bags. ROAM luggage is a favorite of ours because this brand allows you to create the bag that's exactly right for you, so you'll enjoy it for years to come. Every Roam case is individually assembled using the fastest wheels, strongest zippers, sturdiest handles, and light but durable polycarbonate. They also make customizable totes, backpacks, and duffels.
- Organizer Set – MIS Organizer Set is something you never realized you needed until you have them! I love using them to travel because I can easily identify where each type of garment is. I use the small one for unmentionables and socks, the medium size for tops, and the large size for bottoms or dresses. Established in Los Angeles, CA in 2014, all of our MIS products are produced at a factory specialized in manufacturing military goods. All materials, fabrics, metals, webbing tapes, and zippers used in the products of MIS are certified as Mil-Spec (Military Specification) and made in the USA. MIS fabrication uses manufacturing techniques even suited for polar regions. Our products are sturdy but simple, designed for town-use. The brand name comes from “Make It Simple”.
- Rolling Luggage – Cindab Carry-on Rolly is a perfect size and weight for most travel. The bag has three interior slip pockets and an 8″ handle drop, making travel easy.
First Aid, Personal Care, and Beauty Items
- Comb – Chicago Comb makes streamlined combs for all needs, all American Made. We love this sleek carbon fiber choice.
- Body Powder – See our Talc-Free Powder Guide
- Body Lotion – See our Non-Toxic Beauty Guide
- Body Sunscreen – See our Non-Toxic Sunscreen Guide
- Deodorant – See our Non-Toxic Deodorant Guide
- Haircare – See our Non-Toxic Haircare Guide
- Soap – Dr. Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap is perfect for travel because it's concentrated and a little goes a long way
- Contacts, Contact Solution and Eye drops
- Face Cleanser and Lotion – See our Best Natural Face Wash Guide
- Facial Oil – See our Facial Oil Guide
- Lip Balm and Lip Color – See our Non-Toxic Lip Care Guide
- Face Sunscreen – See our Facial Sunscreen Guide
- Toothpaste and Floss – See our Natural Toothpaste Guide
First Aid and Other Necessities
- Electrolyte pills or drink
- First Aid Ointment
- Hand Sanitizer – See our list of hand sanitizers.
- Medicine – Benedryl, Dramamine, Immodium/Pepto Bismol, Anti-Itch Cream
- Menstrual Supplies – LENA Menstrual Cup, eliminate carrying bulky toxic products and switch to a menstrual cup
- Pain Relief – All Good Herbal Freeze comes in a spray form making it easy to use and offers instant relief for tense muscles and joints
- Skin Balm
- Wet Wipes
Electronic, Travel Necessities and Forgotten Essentials
- Blanket/Poncho/Shawl/Scarf – See our blanket guide.
- Cell Phone Protector – Kitoo makes a great made in USA phone case with an integrated ring grip and stand.
- Earplugs – buy a bag of these soft foam Made in USA earplugs to always have some on hand for the airplane or noisy hotel rooms
- Eyemask – this Made in USA sleep mask will be a staple of your travel bag.
- Flashlight – Maglight flashlights are designed and manufactured in the USA. This one is compact for travel.
- Headlamp – the Princeton Tec Vizz Headlamp is compact, lightweight, and Made in the USA.
- Laundry Detergent -See our list of Eco Friendly Laundry Detergents
- Mosquito Repellent – Bug Soother is a Deet-free natural bug repellant made in the USA
- Multipurpose Tool – this American made Leatherman multi-tool is compact for travel
- Safety Whistle – American Whistle Safety Whistle
- Sunglasses: See our Sunglasses Source Guide
- Ties – Gear Tie reusable ties are made of a flexible steel wire that maintains its shape and a waterproof rubber exterior that grips objects without scratching them. They're perfect for keeping your things in order or using to tie things, as needed.
- Towel– See our Towel Source List
- Travel Pillow – See our Pillow Source List
- Water Bottle – Tervis, Nalgene, and Liberty are among our favorite Made in USA water bottle brands.
- Water Filter – Sawyer All-In-One Water Filter
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.