It's hard not to over- or under-pack. I've found that when I travel via car I over-pack. Then when I fly, I under-pack because I don't like feeling bogged down by my belongings. There has to be something in between, with a focus on essentials you might need, and wouldn't want to be stuck without. I've spent months thinking about this travel packing list and finding all American made traveling essentials that you'd need for any type of travel you might be doing. You'll be surprised that everything you need is available and made right here in the USA.
Here's our Ultimate Travel Packing List for Backpacking, Domestic, International, and RV Travel with all American made products you'll need for travel. Hopefully you can use this list to serve as a reference for your future travel adventures.
Did we miss anything in the list? If so, let us know in the comments section. We don't want to be stranded without something.
- Bottoms, Dresses, and Tops – See our made in USA women's clothing and Fitness Clothing guides.
- Bras – See our Lingerie Source List
- Outerwear – See our Outerwear Guide
- Pajamas – See our Pajama Guide
- Socks – Smartwool PhD Compression Socks and Farm to Feet Lightweight Athletic Crew Socks are essential travel socks. Also see our Sock Guide
- Scarf – Kafta's Kool Tie, Infinity Scarf and Dressy Scarf. See our Scarf Guide
- Swimwear – See our Swimwear Guides for men, women, and kids
- Underwear – Knock Out! moisture wicking underwear are perfect because they're breathable. Their 100% cotton liner is patented to wick moisture. Also check our Lingerie Guide.
- Hiking Boots – Keen American Built Durand Low WP hiking boots offer a dry, waterproof, breathable membrane to keep your feet comfortable with every step. The dual compound rubber outsole resists breakdown and compression while preserving its shock-absorbing qualities. Not all Keens are manufactured here, but the Durant line is built in Portland, Oregon. Available for in women's and men's styles. See also our guide of made in USA hiking boots, work boots and more.
- Cosmetics Bag – Cinda b offers all the matching cosmetic bags you'll need. They're perfect because they're lightweight, stain resistant, and easy to spot clean.
- Crossbody Bag – See our Handbag Guide
- Daypack – Tchoup Industries Flap Pack is a perfect “day pack” great for day hikes or short trips. All of Tchoup Industries' products are made with waxed cotton canvas which is all natural, lightweight, and highly water resistant.
- Luggage – Tom Bihn Pack-It Cubes and Tom Bihn Aeronaut 45
- Rolling Luggage – Cindab Carry-on Rolly is the perfect size and weight for most travel. The bag has three interior slip pockets and an 8″ handle drop, making travel easy.
First Aid, Personal Care, and Beauty Items
- Comb – We love the Zootility Pocket Comb, that is a multi-purpose comb, bottle opener, and nine other functions. It's the size of a credit card, so it fits perfect in your wallet. We love this little “Headgehog”!
- Body Powder – See our Talc-Free Powder Guide
- Body Lotion – See our Non-Toxic Beauty Guide
- Body Sunscreen – See our Non-Toxic Sunscreen Guide
- Deodorant – See our Non-Toxic Deodorant Guide
- Face Sunscreen – See our Non-Toxic Sunscreen Guide
- Haircare – See our Non-Toxic Haircare Guide
- Soap – Dr. Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap is perfect for travel because it's concentrated and a little goes a long way
- Contacts, Contact Solution and Eye drops
- Face Cleanser and Lotion – See our Non-Toxic Beauty Guide
- Facial Oil – See our Facial Oil Guide
- Lip Balm and Lip Color – See our Non-Toxic Lipcare Guide
- Tinted SPF Face Lotion – See our Non-Toxic Sunscreen Guide
- Toothpaste and Floss – See our Natural Toothpaste Guide
First Aid and Other Necessities
- Anti-Chafing – Use either Uberlube or Body Glide
- Blister Care – Band-Aid Blister Block These work very well. If you put them on correctly, they will stay on for days and eliminate any pain associated with your blisters.
- Bug Spray – Puracy Natural DEET-Free Mosquito Repellent, made with a potent blend of peppermint, geranium, lemongrass, and citronella essential oils to effectively ward off yellow fever mosquitos.
- Electrolyte Pills – Redmond Re-Lyte, made from the best mineral salt on earth, harvested in Utah
- First Aid Ointment: Redmond's First Aid Hydrated Clay can be used on open wounds or sunburn; it works really well
- Hand Sanitizer – All Good Hand Sanitizer is organic, made with peppermint essential oil, and safe enough to use as breath spray
- Medicine – Benedryl, Dramamine, Immodium/Pepto Bismol, Anti-Itch Cream
- Menstrual Supplies – LENA Menstrual Cup, eliminate carrying bulky toxic products, and switch to a menstrual cup
- Pain Relief – All Good Herbal Freeze comes in a spray form making it easy to use and offers instant relief for tense muscles and joints
- Skin Balm – Waxelene Petroleum Jelly Alternative is perfect for lips, hands, body and feet and is handy for rashes or skin irritations
- Wet Wipes – Crystal Essence Natural Mineral Deodorant Towelettes are pre-moistened wipes made with lavender and white tea. They contain no harmful chemicals, aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum zirconium, parabens or phthalates and will make surely make your outdoor adventure even better.
Electronic, Travel Necessities and Forgotten Essentials
- Blanket/Poncho/Shawl/Scarf – Resto Presto converts from small pouch to versatile soft water-repellent thin layer to sit on, sit under, and wear.
- Camera Lens – olloclip ultra-wide lens gives the iPhone a wider action camera
- Cell Phone Protector – ECase iPhone Case has a waterproof SealLock™ zipper and rugged RF-welded seams to guarantee protection. It is made to withstand submersion in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes.
- Earplugs and Eyemask
- Flashlight – Tektite Trek 4 LED Flashlight and Maglite Key Ring Flashlight
- Headlamp – Even when you’re not camping, having a headlamp is great for reading in bed or during electrical outages. The Princeton Sync headlamp is great because it has multiple settings for brightness for both white and red lighting. The Princeton Tec Sync Headlamp is designed, engineered and manufactured by Princeton Tec in New Jersey, USA.
- Laundry Detergent – Soapnuts are a lightweight, long-lasting option for laundry detergent while traveling
- Mosquito Repellent – Thermacell provides hours of protection to a 15′ x 15′ zone against mosquitoes, black flies and no-see-ums
- Multipurpose Tool – Leatherman Surge Multi-Tool
- Safety Whistle – American Whistle Safety Whistle
- Sunglasses: See our Sunglasses Source Guide
- Ties – Gear Tie reusable ties are made of a flexible steel wire that maintains its shape and a waterproof rubber exterior that grips objects without scratching them. They're perfect for keeping your things in order, or using to tie things, as needed.
- Towel – PackTowel Ultralite
- Travel Pillow – Thermarest Air Pillow is new this year (2016) and is perfect for use at night or during travel because it's not just a neck pillow, and it's not just a compression pillow. It's designed to adjust in firmness and fit around the base of your head regardless of where you're sleeping.
- Water Bottle – Vapur Anti-Water Bottle and All Good Glass Water Bottle
- Water Filter – Sawyer All-In-One Water Filter
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.