It's hard not to over- or under pack. I've found that when I travel via car I over-pack. Then when I fly, I under-pack because I don't like feeling bogged down by my belongings. There has to be something in between, with a focus on essentials you might need, and wouldn't want to be stuck without. I've spent months thinking about this travel packing list and finding all American made traveling essentials that you'd need for any type of travel you might be doing. You'll be surprised that everything you need is available and made right here in the USA.
Here's our Ultimate Travel Packing List for Backpacking, Domestic, International, and RV Travel with all American made products you'll need for travel. Hopefully, you can use this list to serve as a reference for your future travel adventures.
Ultimate ‘American Made' Travel Packing List
Did we miss anything in the list? If so, let us know in the comments section. We don't want to be stranded without something.
- Bottoms, Dresses, and Tops – See our made in USA women's clothing and Fitness Clothing Guide.
- Bras – See our Bras Source List and Lingerie Source List
- Underwear– see our Underwear Guide (men, women, and kids)
- Outerwear – See our Outerwear Guide
- Pajamas – See our Pajama Guide
- Socks – Smartwool PhD Compression Socks and Farm to Feet Lightweight Athletic Crew Socks are essential travel socks. Also see our Sock Guide
- Scarf – Kafta's Kool Tie, Infinity Scarf and Dressy Scarf. See our Scarf Guide
- Swimwear – See our Swimwear Guides for men, women, and kids
- Sandals – See our Flip Flop Source Guide
- Walking Sandals
- Shower Flip Flops
- Dressy Sandals
- Sneakers – See our Shoe Source Guide
- Cosmetics Bag – Cinda b offers all the matching cosmetic bags you'll need. They're perfect because they're lightweight, stain-resistant, and easy to spot clean.
- Crossbody Bag – See our Handbag Guide
- Daypack – MIS Mesh Backpack is a perfect “day pack” great for day hikes or short trips. It's made of 500 denier Dupont Cordura Nylon and has a water-resistant Urethane coating. The heavy military mesh comes in a raschel knit pattern. It comes with a lot of clever design features to be a small pack, yet it still carries all the essentials, and then some! See also our backpack guide.
- Luggage – See our list of travel bags.
- Organizer Set – MIS Organizer Set is something you never realized you needed until you have them! I love using them to travel because I can easily identify where each type of garment is. I use the small one for unmentionables and socks, the medium size for tops, and the large size for bottoms or dresses. Established in Los Angeles, CA in 2014, all of our MIS products are produced at a factory specialized in manufacturing military goods. All materials, fabrics, metals, webbing tapes, and zippers used in the products of MIS are certified as Mil-Spec (Military Specification) and made in the USA. MIS fabrication uses the manufacturing techniques even suited for polar regions. Our products are sturdy but simple, designed for town-use. The brand name comes from “Make It Simple”.
- Rolling Luggage – Cindab Carry-on Rolly is a perfect size and weight for most travel. The bag has three interior slip pockets and an 8″ handle drop, making travel easy.
First Aid, Personal Care, and Beauty Items
- Comb – We love the Zootility Pocket Comb, that is a multi-purpose comb, bottle opener, and nine other functions. It's the size of a credit card, so it fits perfectly in your wallet. We love this little “Headgehog”!
- Body Powder – See our Talc-Free Powder Guide
- Body Lotion – See our Non-Toxic Beauty Guide
- Body Sunscreen – See our Non-Toxic Sunscreen Guide
- Deodorant – See our Non-Toxic Deodorant Guide
- Face Sunscreen – See our Non-Toxic Sunscreen Guide
- Haircare – See our Non-Toxic Haircare Guide
- Soap – Dr. Bronner's Castile Liquid Soap is perfect for travel because it's concentrated and a little goes a long way
- Contacts, Contact Solution and Eye drops
- Face Cleanser and Lotion – See our Non-Toxic Beauty Guide
- Facial Oil – See our Facial Oil Guide
- Lip Balm and Lip Color – See our Non-Toxic Lipcare Guide
- Tinted SPF Face Lotion – See our Non-Toxic Sunscreen Guide
- Toothpaste and Floss – See our Natural Toothpaste Guide
First Aid and Other Necessities
- Anti-Chafing – Use either Uberlube or Body Glide
- Blister Care – Band-Aid Blister Block These work very well. If you put them on correctly, they will stay on for days and eliminate any pain associated with your blisters.
- Electrolyte pills or drink
- First Aid Ointment
- Hand Sanitizer – All Good Hand Sanitizer is organic, made with peppermint essential oil, and safe enough to use as breathe spray. See our list of hand sanitizers.
- Medicine – Benedryl, Dramamine, Immodium/Pepto Bismol, Anti-Itch Cream
- Menstrual Supplies – LENA Menstrual Cup, eliminate carrying bulky toxic products and switch to a menstrual cup
- Pain Relief – All Good Herbal Freeze comes in a spray form making it easy to use and offers instant relief for tense muscles and joints
- Skin Balm
- Wet Wipes
Electronic, Travel Necessities and Forgotten Essentials
- Blanket/Poncho/Shawl/Scarf – See our blanket guide.
- Camera Lens – olloclip ultra-wide lens gives the iPhone a wider action camera
- Cell Phone Protector
- Earplugs and Eyemask
- Flashlight – Tektite Trek 4 LED Flashlight
- Headlamp – Even when you’re not camping, having a headlamp is great for reading in bed or during electrical outages. The Princeton Sync headlamp is great because it has multiple settings for brightness for both white and red lighting. The Princeton Tec Sync Headlamp is designed, engineered and manufactured by Princeton Tec in New Jersey, USA.
- Laundry Detergent – Soapnuts are a lightweight, long-lasting option for laundry detergent while traveling
- Mosquito Repellent
- Multipurpose Tool
- Safety Whistle – American Whistle Safety Whistle
- Sunglasses: See our Sunglasses Source Guide
- Ties – Gear Tie reusable ties are made of a flexible steel wire that maintains its shape and a waterproof rubber exterior that grips objects without scratching them. They're perfect for keeping your things in order or using to tie things, as needed.
- Towel – PackTowel Ultralite
- Travel Pillow – Thermarest Air Pillow is new this year (2016) and is perfect for use at night or during travel because it's not just a neck pillow, and it's not just a compression pillow. It's designed to adjust in firmness and fit around the base of your head regardless of where you're sleeping.
- Water Bottle – All Good Glass Water Bottle
- Water Filter – Sawyer All-In-One Water Filter
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post which USA Love List is proud to share with you because, sponsored or not, we only share stuff we love.